Author Topic: Funny / Awesome Stuff / Youtube Vids Thread  (Read 596078 times)

Offline majormagna

  • English Idiot
  • Posts: 513
  • Cookies: 5
  • Bail Out!
Re: Funny / Awesome Stuff / Youtube Vids Thread
« Reply #1720 on: March 30, 2010, 08:34:39 PM »
Ok, well here goes, (not my images but heck)

Also the obligatory Trek reference.
Did you know I'm on Twitter?

Offline 1DeadlySAMURAI

  • Posts: 578
  • Cookies: 139
  • Do'h
Re: Funny / Awesome Stuff / Youtube Vids Thread
« Reply #1721 on: March 31, 2010, 11:04:45 PM »
There's not enough words in the English language that would properly explain the bizarreness of this pic. :funny

Offline captain_obvious

  • The captain of obvious-ness
  • Posts: 1703
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
Re: Funny / Awesome Stuff / Youtube Vids Thread
« Reply #1722 on: April 01, 2010, 09:02:50 AM »
:|


####
EDIT
####

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8601781.stm

 :funny

Labour 0 Tories 1  :dance
I miss :bigdance:

Offline limey BSc.

  • JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Posts: 1152
  • Cookies: 421
  • JL Studios - Co-Founder
Re: Funny / Awesome Stuff / Youtube Vids Thread
« Reply #1723 on: April 04, 2010, 10:10:44 AM »


 :yay: :yay:
MUSE!!!


Offline King Class Scout

  • Posts: 1775
  • Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Re: Funny / Awesome Stuff / Youtube Vids Thread
« Reply #1724 on: April 06, 2010, 10:41:08 AM »
i just ran into this on, of all things, the "cheezeburger network"

quote
I was at Borders and I saw Pon Farr perfume, the packaging said, "Drive him crazy." IMMD

live long and prosper, baby :P
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline captain_obvious

  • The captain of obvious-ness
  • Posts: 1703
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
Re: Funny / Awesome Stuff / Youtube Vids Thread
« Reply #1725 on: April 06, 2010, 02:21:35 PM »


 :funny

Mum just came in and asked what the hell I was howling at with that look in her eye that I'm an immature idiot.

Then I showed her and her reaction was similar  :dance
I miss :bigdance:

Offline eclipse74569

  • Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Posts: 2240
  • Cookies: 65535
Re: Funny / Awesome Stuff / Youtube Vids Thread
« Reply #1726 on: April 06, 2010, 03:05:44 PM »
 :funny

Cookied!!!
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Nebula

  • BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 5501
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Re: Funny / Awesome Stuff / Youtube Vids Thread
« Reply #1727 on: April 06, 2010, 08:28:56 PM »
 :facepalm: :funny :funny :funny :funny :funny

also.....

this \/
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Villain

  • Posts: 1480
  • Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
Re: Funny / Awesome Stuff / Youtube Vids Thread
« Reply #1728 on: April 07, 2010, 08:24:15 AM »
The sexiest car in town, sounds like a dream, moves like one, looks like one.







She roars like a lion. Enjoy.


"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline limey BSc.

  • JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Posts: 1152
  • Cookies: 421
  • JL Studios - Co-Founder
Re: Funny / Awesome Stuff / Youtube Vids Thread
« Reply #1729 on: April 07, 2010, 08:37:18 AM »
Hang on a minute. That thing has a 7L V8 turbo and supercharged engine and claims to produce 1,104 BHP with a top speed to 217mph. That's 103 BHP more than a Bugatti Veyron, which has an 8L W16 quad-turbocharged engine, which can reach 253mph. The math doesn't seem to add up.
MUSE!!!


Offline Lionus

  • Posts: 1561
  • Cookies: 79
Re: Funny / Awesome Stuff / Youtube Vids Thread
« Reply #1730 on: April 07, 2010, 08:48:19 AM »
Zenvo also uses traditional GM "fuel scrooge" (tm) (tm) gearing, were anything above 4th gear is overgear, hence the engine can't fully utilize the theoretical performance. Also, as you can see, that car is a nightmare when it comes to aerodynamics.
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline Villain

  • Posts: 1480
  • Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
Re: Funny / Awesome Stuff / Youtube Vids Thread
« Reply #1731 on: April 07, 2010, 09:17:34 AM »
ITT: People ruin a great, great thing. It's a supercar, what does actual performance have to do with anything? It looks like a dream, it sounds like one, and it looks amazing even as a blur? What's the problem?


"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Dalek

  • Posts: 1529
  • Cookies: 206
Re: Funny / Awesome Stuff / Youtube Vids Thread
« Reply #1732 on: April 07, 2010, 09:27:16 AM »
Thats opinion-based mate. Some people like things that actually add up and make sense, some don't. I personally think that car is a bit ugly in the sense that it looks like a very angry Transformer.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

 - Lorien

Offline limey BSc.

  • JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Posts: 1152
  • Cookies: 421
  • JL Studios - Co-Founder
Re: Funny / Awesome Stuff / Youtube Vids Thread
« Reply #1733 on: April 07, 2010, 09:36:16 AM »
Also, as you can see, that car is a nightmare when it comes to aerodynamics.

Thats not necessarily true. The Nissan GTR is covered in bumpy bits and holes, and that was designed to be as aerodynamic as possible. A golf ball is covered in dimples which are designed to improve the aerodynamics.

In short, smooth =/= aerodynamic
MUSE!!!


Offline Villain

  • Posts: 1480
  • Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
Re: Funny / Awesome Stuff / Youtube Vids Thread
« Reply #1734 on: April 07, 2010, 10:27:46 AM »
Thats opinion-based mate. Some people like things that actually add up and make sense, some don't. I personally think that car is a bit ugly in the sense that it looks like a very angry Transformer.

And? My point was it's a supercar, it's for display. Way to miss it.


"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Lionus

  • Posts: 1561
  • Cookies: 79
Re: Funny / Awesome Stuff / Youtube Vids Thread
« Reply #1735 on: April 07, 2010, 10:32:30 AM »
I don't support posers.  :dontcare: Cars like that are meant to be driven. If you want to see one sitting still, doing nothing, there's a place for that too, it's called museum or private collection/exhibition.
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline Villain

  • Posts: 1480
  • Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
Re: Funny / Awesome Stuff / Youtube Vids Thread
« Reply #1736 on: April 07, 2010, 10:37:58 AM »
I don't support posers.  :dontcare: Cars like that are meant to be driven. If you want to see one sitting still, doing nothing, there's a place for that too, it's called museum or private collection/exhibition.

I think you're mistaken. Ferrari thinks you're mistaken, too (Even if their cars are hideous, they're still Supercars).


"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Nebula

  • BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 5501
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Re: Funny / Awesome Stuff / Youtube Vids Thread
« Reply #1737 on: April 07, 2010, 10:39:33 AM »
Prime now I think it's you who missed the point....
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Villain

  • Posts: 1480
  • Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
Re: Funny / Awesome Stuff / Youtube Vids Thread
« Reply #1738 on: April 07, 2010, 10:44:44 AM »
Care to elaborate, there?


"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline captain_obvious

  • The captain of obvious-ness
  • Posts: 1703
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
Re: Funny / Awesome Stuff / Youtube Vids Thread
« Reply #1739 on: April 07, 2010, 11:10:38 AM »
Care to elaborate, there?

It's not about "show".
It's about "go".
Sure a car can look good and be fast, but what's the point? The looks are just to show off when you're stationary.
You know what's the ultimate way to show off in a car? Be the fastest around.

A car is built to transport you places, not to stand still like some playboy bunny.  If you want to stand still then fine, do it on your own two feet and save some diesel for the rest of us!
Bugger, I forgot that GM doesn't like diesel.. diesel, petrol whatever. It's all just hydrocarbons at the end of the day. my bad :/
I miss :bigdance: