Author Topic: Karronade Soft BC Modding  (Read 3720 times)

Offline Karronade

• Cookies: 5
  • Assimilate This!!
Karronade Soft BC Modding
« on: September 05, 2010, 09:56:43 AM »
Hello folks, I'm Karronade. I'm a newcomming scripter for STBC. All I can for now is to read scripts and combine two different scripts of the same file and combine them to a single one so that this file is working on several installs quite good, like I did with the "karronade accelerated Intercept mod". I can't write scriptfiles from scratch, unless using a programm like MPE, but that will change soon.

I will do quality mods, this means that the models will work Ingame perfectly and not only looking extraordinary ingame but they are full of bugs and only the half of the promised functions will work correctly. My mods will be entirely beta tested, e.g. I waited over a year before releasing my accelerated intercept mod, making sure that this mod is working correctly.

My former Work here for the BC - Community:

The Wraith Cruiser

The Ancient City + Atliantis Shippack

Moonraker from 007

Discovery, a NASA Spaceshuttle

CK Valentine + Yamato Shippack

Starwars Hyperdrivemod

and

Karronades accelerated intercept mod

I Have no clou about doing textures and models, so all above mentioned ships are done by others, but scripted by me. I have some ideas, what I want to add to STBC but I can't do that without the help of someone who makes me the models/textures. So I'm looking for someone how will work with me together. If you're looking for a good scripter and you don't know about programming STBC, I will do it for you and help you finishing your project and in return you could make a model with textures for me ;) to realise my projects.

Now I will overwork the scriptfiles from the Wraith Cruiser, the Ancient City Shippack and the CK Valentine + Yamato Shippack.

The Overwork for the Stargate ships is nearly finished. The features I give the Wraith Cruiser are ablative armor and hyperdrive (but there will be stilll a warp-only version for those who have no Stargateshippack V 3.0 installed ;) )and for the Ancient Cities I will add hyperdrive engines instead of warp. I will release these in a couple of days.

The changes I do to the Valentine is to strengthen the multivectral shield and to hammer out some issues with the ablative armor, because the aft section doesn't have an ablative armor yet and I don't know why :idk: .

After that I will start at my so called "dream": A Space Patrol shippack

I did already a model: The Schnelllaeufer, a supernova, but I'm not satisfied with my textures. This should be released as a spinn off for an upcomming Space Patrol shippack. Ingame it looks like this:

And it should look like this [The Video is quite long but there are the best scenes in it showing the supernova]:

Is there a chance showing the supernova Ingame like shown it in the video? Or to even make a better texture for it than mine? I did simpy a screenshot from a scene and used this for the texture....

I also have an unfinished model of the Orionclass CyAnide did, but he missunderstands some footage I send him. Maybe he or someone else can correct that? You see, I need help and I appreciate everyone, who's working with me on these projects  :yay:  :bow:

Don't know Space Patrol? Check it out now over here!!

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 537
Re: Karronade Soft BC Modding
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 04:05:31 PM »
I look forward to your Orion pack. I think it's about time someone brings Raumpatrouille Orion to Bridge Commander.
TaH pagh, Tah be.

Offline Karronade

• Assimilate This!!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 01:13:48 PM »
So, the Wrait Cruiser is out now and will be downloadable in a few hours.

I hope you will enjoy the new features I added to this ship ;) .

This brings me to the next point on my list: The Valentine an Yamato. The Valentine actually doesn't have an ablative armor on the Stardrive Hull, although there is a correct named Hulltemplate and this template is correctly named in the ships plugin-file:

Code: [Select]
Foundation.ShipDef.CKValentine.dTechs = { 'Fed Ablative Armor': {'Plates': ['Saucer Armor','Stardrive Armor']}}
Here is a screenie from the MPE with these two templates:

What did I do wrong??

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 01:28:51 PM »
uhhh.... would you prefer the new valentine?  :D
i kinda scrapped it in lieu of the MKII galaxys, but since your messing with the original i figured you may prefer the up to date one  :idk:

lemme know and ill send you the materials & nifs, if you wanna do anything to the texures feel free.
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Karronade

• Assimilate This!!
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 01:33:30 PM »
You're doing a new one?  :drool:

Edit: All I want to do is changing my scripts a bit so that everything is fully functional; but if yozu're really doing a new one, let me know...

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 01:39:45 PM »
well not doing... more like did and been sitting for awhile....  :hide  :D
but everythings done, fresh(er) textures and better mapped... i dont know if i ever exported it to nif tho....
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 01:41:20 PM »
owait.... i did
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Karronade

• Assimilate This!!
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 01:53:03 PM »
Did you still have my e-mail adress??

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 02:06:04 PM »
should be in your mailbox soon  ;)
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline dEjavU

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 02:11:05 PM »
Greetings Karronade, I realize that you have an extended to do list there but I was wondering if you might be able to add one more item to it? You see the quantum slipstream drive that's available for BC(despite the many attempts at re-textures)still requires a bit more tweaking. It needs a few more lines of scripting for better angular view during entry and exit off the slipstream tunnel also there hasn't been anything more in development of further trying to rid that mod of the spinning effect when your inside the tunnel, I believe someone already managed to do this unfortunately that improvement never made it to the public.

Offline Karronade

• Assimilate This!!
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 02:34:42 PM »
@ Cyanide: Your e-mail arrived me but unfortunately without the necessary content  :cry:

@ dEjavU: I think, this is a bit over my art at the moment. Maybe I'm able to correct the viewing points, but taken out the spinning effects during slipstream, I don't know how and when I find the specific lines in the programmcode, what will habppen when I simply delete them? maybe the game will cause a BSOD because something important is missing. Here I should write an extra script for that, something I'm not able to do at this point of my skill...

Offline dEjavU

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 07:35:14 PM »
..I've been trying ever since to look for that thread where someone posted a video clip of a fixed version of the tunnel, sorry no luck though  :( if anyone who knows what thread that was on please chime in and help Karronade out with a possible alternative option.

Offline Karronade

• Assimilate This!!
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 11:34:30 AM »
@ dEjavU: I will do my very best on it ;)

By the way, does anyone have an idea about my problem I wrote in post4?

Offline Karronade

• Assimilate This!!
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 05:05:34 PM »
 :eek Whats this in the Orbit of Jupiter??

"Oh my god, it's full of stars..."

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2010, 06:20:27 PM »
a big black box is in orbit around Jupiter?
lol j/k :P

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2010, 06:54:20 PM »
OK that black box is either the game engine having a MASSIVE spazm at you, or the model you use to orbit it is screwed up to hell.

Offline Karronade

• Assimilate This!!
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2010, 08:18:45 AM »
Does anyone know Stanley Kubrick??? :facepalm:

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2010, 08:41:21 AM »
Actually, I think it (The Monolith) would add a nice little touch to BC. Are you planning Discovery or Space Station One by any chance?

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2010, 08:46:27 AM »
karronade: the movie's 40 years old...you know some people would never have heard of it.

and I vote for the Discovery.  should only make the model for background prop, though.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Karronade

• Assimilate This!!
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2010, 08:52:22 AM »
 :dance I'm planing a 2001 Shippack with the Discovery, the Pod(s), the Monolith, Aries 1B Lunar Shuttle, Orion III Spaceplane, Moonbus,
Orbital Themonuclear Bombs, Starchild, the 2001 Earth- and Jupiterset.

@ King Class Scout: Yes the movie is about 40 years old but it is a classic. If you are a fan of Sci-Fi you should know it. ;)

To anyone who doesn't know this movie you can watch it on YouTube already:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DXMVG8fo3g&feature=related