Author Topic: SG/ST crossover ship: USS Pendragon NCC-X-305  (Read 7570 times)

Offline Dalek

  • Posts: 1529
  • Cookies: 206
SG/ST crossover ship: USS Pendragon NCC-X-305
« on: September 02, 2008, 05:54:35 AM »
I'm doing another Century re-texture (I know, you'd probably want a completely modeled-from-scratch-ship) which, as the title says, is a Stargate/Star Trek crossover. To put it simply, this ship is designed to kick ass in both universes. She will have:
Fed Phasers (souped up a bit)
Asgard Beams (they're flippin' powerful anyways)
Borg Torpedo's (not as a pulse)
Some-sort-of-powerful Torpedo's (again, not as a pulse)
Drones (not as a pulse either)
Asgard pulses (now that's a pulse)
2 extra Impulse engines (Speed!)
Slipstream Drive (combination of working warp drive and the hyperdrive together, still capable of normal warp travel (I didn't actually do that. I just thought it sounded good.))
Lots and lots and lots of big, dark black armour Asgard look-a-like armour. :D

If anyone would like me to add anything else, please say so! I'm going to add polls on certain things as well.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

 - Lorien

Offline JerichoKru

  • Posts: 75
  • Cookies: 2
Re: Stargate/ Star Trek crossover ship: Pendragon or Medusa?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 07:15:06 AM »
It seems like an interesting idea.

I think it may be a bit overkill with the weaponry...but that's just my taste.
~ [UFP]JerichoKru

Offline Dalek

  • Posts: 1529
  • Cookies: 206
Re: Stargate/ Star Trek crossover ship: Pendragon or Medusa?
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 07:33:19 AM »
Overkill is this ships middle name!
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

 - Lorien

AndrewJ

  • Guest
Re: Stargate/Star Trek crossover ship: USS Medusa NCC-X-305
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 11:22:04 PM »
I shall sum this up in three words.


MY


KINDA

SHIP

This is my sort of machine :D mucho appreciation from me on this *subscribes to thread*


Offline Dalek

  • Posts: 1529
  • Cookies: 206
Re: Stargate/Star Trek crossover ship: USS Medusa NCC-X-305
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 03:31:12 AM »
Hey! I've managed to change some of the phasers to the Asgard beams (which is what I want), changed the Quantums to Ion Pulses and the main torpedoes to Drones! I've souped up her shields quite a bit as well. I think some Transphasic Torpedoes might be on the way...
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

 - Lorien

AndrewJ

  • Guest
Re: Stargate/Star Trek crossover ship: USS Medusa NCC-X-305
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 04:12:21 AM »
Hey! I've managed to change some of the phasers to the Asgard beams (which is what I want), changed the Quantums to Ion Pulses and the main torpedoes to Drones! I've souped up her shields quite a bit as well. I think some Transphasic Torpedoes might be on the way...

*dribble*

Phoenix

  • Guest
Re: Stargate/Star Trek crossover ship: USS Medusa NCC-X-305
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 05:04:01 AM »
Woah this is set to be one crazy ship!!!

thing is with drones AND asguard pulses it'll rip through shields meaning it is literally a complete uber god ship, kinda like the feds are actually what humanity became after going to atlantis for ancient tech and getting all the asguard tech at the end of season 10!

Should be good, need something that can actually stand up in afight with the USAF Oddysey and ori mother ships

Offline Dalek

  • Posts: 1529
  • Cookies: 206
Re: Stargate/Star Trek crossover ship: USS Medusa NCC-X-305
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 05:05:43 AM »
Beams: Good
Pulses: Good
Drones: Only effective when shields are down on enemy ship.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

 - Lorien

Offline Dalek

  • Posts: 1529
  • Cookies: 206
Re: Stargate/Star Trek crossover ship: USS Medusa NCC-X-305
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 05:28:45 AM »
Update:

Thought you'd want to know: I'm adding Asgard look-a-like armour. I'm hoping it will look good and cool.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

 - Lorien

Offline Dalek

  • Posts: 1529
  • Cookies: 206
Re: SG/ST crossover ship: USS Pendragon NCC-X-305
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 12:13:05 PM »
Update 2: PIcs! I'm sure you've been waiting for them.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

 - Lorien

Offline Kirk

  • Posts: 1438
  • Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: SG/ST crossover ship: USS Pendragon NCC-X-305
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 12:19:34 PM »
I am emailing you the glows. (I added a little something in there.)

Offline Jb06

  • Posts: 1295
  • Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
Re: SG/ST crossover ship: USS Pendragon NCC-X-305
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 12:26:16 PM »
Looks like a good start, but if i was you i would redo the squiggley textures, they dont look asgard one bit, no offence.

~Jb06

Offline Dalek

  • Posts: 1529
  • Cookies: 206
Re: SG/ST crossover ship: USS Pendragon NCC-X-305
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 12:33:05 PM »
Yeah, I realised that too! How about we settle for alien?
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

 - Lorien

Offline Dalek

  • Posts: 1529
  • Cookies: 206
Re: SG/ST crossover ship: USS Pendragon NCC-X-305
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 01:58:16 PM »
My little fun:

I've been messing around with the torpedoes, adding them and stuff. And the fun! Blowing ships up in seconds! Things I've found:
Ion Storm
Phase Quantum
Phalantium stuff

Yay! hahahahahahahahhahhahahahaha...get me my dried frog pills....
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

 - Lorien

Jeffery_Hawkins

  • Guest
Re: SG/ST crossover ship: USS Pendragon NCC-X-305
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 02:44:26 PM »
The thing actually looks kinda cool.

And I do like the armor, looks....interesting. 8)

Offline Judge King

  • USAF Phoenix CO
  • Posts: 190
  • Cookies: 18
  • Hail to the king of battle!
    • XSGCOM Wiki
Re: SG/ST crossover ship: USS Pendragon NCC-X-305
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 04:03:43 PM »
I will download this when released. It is the epitome of awesome.
Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

chilapox3

  • Guest
Re: Stargate/Star Trek crossover ship: USS Medusa NCC-X-305
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 04:56:22 PM »
Beams: Good
Pulses: Good
Drones: Only effective when shields are down on enemy ship.

That's not how drones are supposed to work.

They're supposed to completely ignore shields and do damage directly to the hull or whatever subsystem they hit.


Anyway, the armor textures on that thing are awesome, I'm looking forward to this ship.

Offline Dalek

  • Posts: 1529
  • Cookies: 206
Re: SG/ST crossover ship: USS Pendragon NCC-X-305
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2008, 01:06:27 PM »
I know chilapox, about the drones. I just can't seem to figure out why so I'll have a chat with Dave...

Update: I've finally settled with three more torpedoes. If I can't sort the drones out, I'll have to replace them. But the three that are definetly comfirmed are:
Phase Quantums
Gravimetric Torps
Mk5 Plasma Torps

They are all super uber powerful!
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

 - Lorien

Offline Dalek

  • Posts: 1529
  • Cookies: 206
Re: SG/ST crossover ship: USS Pendragon NCC-X-305
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2008, 02:40:53 PM »
Heres a pic of the Pendragon. I've messed around with the Speculars and got a more alien feel to it.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

 - Lorien

Offline Kirk

  • Posts: 1438
  • Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: SG/ST crossover ship: USS Pendragon NCC-X-305
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2008, 12:22:43 PM »
If you're going to make the shuttle bays into impulse engines, you might want to make the glows reflect that, oh wait that's my job.