Author Topic: My own great experiment....  (Read 11973 times)

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
Re: My own great experiment....
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 06:52:18 PM »
Or perhaps Starfleet discontinued the line because Connies were always getting the snot kicked out of them (The Enterprise was crippled pretty much every time she fought in the TMP movies.

That is not a fair assesment of the refit connie. After all the damage she took in Twok was a sneak attack, and in TSFS she was already beaten up. The Yorktown or TI-Ho storys are not canon. The sneak attack in STV was due to a god loved up crew and in TUC they were up against an eniemy they could not see.

We have to acknowledge the real reason the connie never made it past the TNG (except Wold 359 which was the self desruct model from 3) is the model unlike the Excelsior, Obeth and Miranda class ship was not to be messed with and repainted. Paramount wanted to keep it intact as the Enterprise, and I read that the Stargazer was going to be a connie and the model was going to be repaint but the front office said no at the last minute. Though after they went over to CGI they could have stuck a couple in.

Anyway back on subject try and have the torp bay blend between the dorsal and the secondary hull perhaps?
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 08:30:20 PM »
I seem to remember that the constitution->constellation change was due to the confusion issue. They thought people would think Picard was meant to be old-Kirk or something incredibly retarded like that. Perhaps I'm imagining that.

I can well imagine lots of fanboys trying to say that the Stargazer was a recommed Enterprise A. The thought of which makes me cringe (like somebody's completely unfounded theory that the Lakota was a recommed Enterprise B...)

Anyway, yes, we've completely derailed this topic. As it is, the shape of the torp pod looks too simplified, like a primitive modified slightly and passed through the neck - it doesn't gel with the ship at large. Maybe make that geomtric curve cut in you did on either side of the sec hull a motif to be repeated through the ship? Just a suggestion.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Centurus

• If you're reading this, you're missing out on something better.
  • Cookies: 68
  • BOW BEFORE THE POWER OF MY RUBBER CHICKENS!!!
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2010, 09:10:54 AM »
I've decided to terminate work on this project.  Could a moderator either delete or lock this thread.  Preferably delete it.  Thank you.

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2010, 09:51:19 AM »
:o That was sudden! Was it our fault?
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Centurus

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2010, 07:28:48 AM »
I decided to resume work again on the mesh, and the mesh is 98% done, just need a few windows and other small details.  Thanks goes out to MeteoraFallen for helping me hammer out the impulse engine design, and Fallen_Warrior for helping me brainstorm the triangular impulse control area design.

Offline Dawg81

• Cookies: 29
  • I am Dawg; Resistence is futile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2010, 08:23:08 AM »
heessssssss baaccccckkkkk :dance

Offline Centurus

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2010, 08:33:31 AM »
heessssssss baaccccckkkkk :dance

*smacks Dawg with a rubber chicken and turns him into Star Jones' underwear*  MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  So, I take it you like where the Resurrection stands so far?

Offline Dawg81

• Cookies: 29
  • I am Dawg; Resistence is futile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2010, 08:50:52 AM »
yes.....yes i frackin do :yay:

Offline CptBenSisko

• Cookies: 6
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2010, 09:06:31 AM »
I do as well!!! Excellent work buddy!!!!

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
  • Cookies: 10
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2010, 11:36:28 AM »
I'm also w/ jimmy. I prefer 24 & 25th century ships. Once in awhile, tho, something will grab my eye pre-Khitomir Accords. And this one is just that
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
 We are not now that strength which in old days
 Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
 One equal temper of heroic hearts,
 Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
 To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Offline Centurus

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2010, 12:46:47 PM »
This refit is intended to be circa 2420, which puts her early 25th century.  And before anyone tries to start up a discussion as to why the ship couldn't be a 25th century refit, don't wanna hear it.  My ship, my choice.

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations Founder, UUM Art Director, Renderer, Texturer, Graphical Artist
  • Cookies: 48
  • Founder of MeteorCreations
    • MeteorCreations
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2010, 01:05:32 PM »
Woot I got credited for the engines! LOL. But anyways, I really have enjoyed helping this ship take shape, maybe soon there will be some pictures posted on how the ship would look with the texture layout I helped come up with. ;)

Update:

I didn't feel like double posting, so here are the concept pictures of what the textures would look like on the ship when It would be close to finished.
Have a look at my website MeteorCreations

Offline Centurus

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2010, 01:40:04 PM »
Just in case anyone asks, I had asked MeteoraFallen to post these for me, since the copies I have, some are on my laptop, and I can't use my laptop right now, and I didn't want to wait to get these concept images up.

These show off the real potential of the ship more, as you can begin to visualize what she could look like with textures.

Offline Captain_Licard

• [RETIRED]
  • Cookies: 12
  • Captain Tiberius Flynn
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2010, 01:49:06 PM »
it looks cool, however two things:

weve recently had a large influx of tng-era styled connies so reception might not take to well
second, the textures lack aztecing, the ship would look better if the textures had aztecing and you used a better registry font than the current.

otherwise good job
Star Trek Collision

Offline Toa_Kaita

• Cookies: 58
  • Aspiring 3D Animator and Music Composer
    • Current Project - Earth-Link Origins
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2010, 01:51:27 PM »
Like he said, they were concepts.

She looks amazing!  :D

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations Founder, UUM Art Director, Renderer, Texturer, Graphical Artist
  • Cookies: 48
  • Founder of MeteorCreations
    • MeteorCreations
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2010, 01:56:03 PM »
I do not yet know how to create aztecing...yet, but when I learn you can be reassured that these textures will look a lot better, and the font is like that because the resolution that the render was taken in, and also taking into account the distance of the ship in the render itself I had to improvise. These textures are no where near final product, they are simply placeholders to give you an idea of what it would look like should the texture be finished. It may look goofy, but It still looks good In my opinion.
Have a look at my website MeteorCreations

Offline Centurus

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2010, 01:56:30 PM »
it looks cool, however two things:

weve recently had a large influx of tng-era styled connies so reception might not take to well
second, the textures lack aztecing, the ship would look better if the textures had aztecing and you used a better registry font than the current.

otherwise good job

I'm well aware of the work that's being done here in the BC community.  I'm not exactly a new comer, and some of my kitbashes have been ported to BC over the years, including the older Resurrection, which is part of the Refit Connie Pack released by Zambie Zan several years ago.  With that said, recent submissions of TNG-era Connie-like ships don't concern me, and lack of reception doesn't concern me as well either.  Don't really care about that.  

Second, these aren't textures.  The model isn't even mapped.  These are conceptual works.  The aztecing isn't there because, to a degree, not needed at this point.  But MeteoraFallen is working on giving these images some aztecing on the hull.

Offline Centurus

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2010, 01:57:25 PM »
Like he said, they were concepts.

She looks amazing!  :D

Thanks.  But thanks also goes to MeteoraFallen for coming up with these concept images.  As I said, they truly show off the ship's potential.

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2010, 01:59:44 PM »
I'm intruiged by this. ZZ's pack still sits on my install, so a new shot at the Resurrection really has my attention! Have a cookie, dude.

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Centurus

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2010, 02:02:21 PM »
I'm intruiged by this. ZZ's pack still sits on my install, so a new shot at the Resurrection really has my attention! Have a cookie, dude.

Thanks.  I've been wanting to remake the Resurrection for years.  Ask Dawg, since he and I first worked on the concept together years ago when we both were first starting out in Trek gaming.

The Resurrection has always been my ship, my baby.  I'm just glad that after 5 years, I finally have the ability to do it.  Who knows what I might be capable of in another 5 years.