Author Topic: DS9FX - Xtended  (Read 13830 times)

Offline cordanilus

• Cookies: 608
DS9FX - Xtended
« on: June 08, 2008, 12:33:59 AM »
Greetings my fellow modders.  I bring this message ( after a long delay :D lol ) of a project in progress which will make drastic improvements to the already known DS9FX v3.0.

- Faster Loading times
- New missions
- New Systems
- Easter Eggs (Stuff you have to find :D )
- Manual Wormhole Entry
- Bug Fixes
- Improved Wormhole Set
- Completely new DS9 model and textures

The real list is pretty large but some of the changes are minor and I figure I'd leave some mystery to some of the cool stuff that will be featured.  You are in for a real treat as to what DS9FX Xtended is going to produce.

Here's a test video I made a while back for the adjustments I was making.  Note that this may not be the final product as more improvements could be made when the mod is released.  ( Sorry for the quality, it seemed to have went down quite a bit when it uploaded to youtube. )

This was also posted at BC Files:
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/news/DS9_Xtended_Work_In_Progress_;36914

and at Star Trek Games forums:
http://startrek-games.com/startrekforum/showthread.php?t=10262

Below are some pictures of what has been done thus far.  There is much more to show but that would take all the mystery out of it. :D

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them.  I'll try to answer them as best as I can...and if I can't, then I'll call upon the boss (USS Sovereign of course). lol

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: DS9FX - Xtended
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 01:06:55 AM »
Absolutely gorgeous! :)

Offline Technerd89

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 01:52:08 AM »
excellent work so far DS9FX team, and a cookie for your cordi for bringing us some eye candy. if suggestions are welcome, heres one off the top of my head. certain wormhole variants that were more slipstream-ish than say the bajoran wormhole setup could have used a normal starfield as the background instead of the block texture. perhaps even dimmed warp streaks on the outside to simulate voyager-era slipstream travel

Offline henrie85

• Adviser & Helper
  • Cookies: 3
  • Go Climb a Rock
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 02:04:02 AM »
cant wait to see this mod :D:D awesome job

Offline blaXXer

• Your Leader
  • Cookies: 96
  • The proud result of slave labor
    • blaXXer.design
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 05:57:52 AM »
Wow, this has really come a long way...

YOU suck, get a life, moran.

COME TO MY PLACE clicketh me!

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 06:24:59 AM »
I thought I knew that music! :P

Also, this ought to be sharper:
&fmt=6

And if you are into downloading youtube movies, this link will result in MP4 format:
&fmt=18
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 06:43:58 AM »
^&*%$%%^^%^?$"!!!!!

I hate my luck. As soon as my PC starts to die, all the best stuff gets released. Not fair.

Looks awesome though. I was wondering if you were going to make use of newer ship models (Lints Defiant and DomBB). Can the same be said of Galaxy class, Nebula Class and any other ship model that was in the original DS9FX or was it just those 2?
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 06:57:16 AM »
I just can't wait to fly through the Badlands... The stuff I've seen regarding Xtended is unbelievable! Hopefully I can get my first ship out of Drydock in time to explore! Definately something I'm going to be doing for a long, long time.

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 08:52:52 AM »
Will we be able to slap this on top of a KM install with DS9FX and get it to work?

Offline MarkyD

• Cookies: 627
  • "A mesh comes together!"
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 10:30:48 AM »
That looks real nice, good job

Offline Shinzon

• Cookies: 9
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2008, 10:46:29 AM »
i love those badlands

Offline cordanilus

• Cookies: 608
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2008, 11:21:34 AM »
Whoops, I forgot something. :D  Sorry Lint, slipped my mind yesterday.

This is the new DS9 Model that Lint whipped up for DS9FX Xtended.  There will be a couple of new ships / bases but that's undetermined right now, you'll just have to keep your eyes open. :D

DS9FX Xtended will work with KM 1.0.  I just can't remember if there's a tweak to be done first before it'll work in your install.  Had something to do with the fact that the ship locations and names are slightly different from DS9FX...but I'll check into that further.

@MLeo
Thanks, I didn't know that you could do that. :D

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 11:44:44 AM »
bajoran wormhole setup could have used a normal starfield as the background instead of the block texture

You do know that you can easily switch backdrop textures along with different wormhole interior GFX. Of course in the Xtended you can choose to have the slipstream style backdrops. Well, you don't have any backdrops at all which is the most realistic option of all, previously unavailable in DS9FX.

Wow, this has really come a long way...

You have no idea lol

Looks awesome though. I was wondering if you were going to make use of newer ship models (Lints Defiant and DomBB). Can the same be said of Galaxy class, Nebula Class and any other ship model that was in the original DS9FX or was it just those 2?

I leave that in cordy's capable hands. He's free to change\switch any models. Of course permissions must be secured first.

I just can't wait to fly through the Badlands... The stuff I've seen regarding Xtended is unbelievable!

If you think that's cool. Wait until you see what else is planned in easter eggs. That'll probably surprise everybody hehe

Will we be able to slap this on top of a KM install with DS9FX and get it to work?

Yes

This is the new DS9 Model that Lint whipped up for DS9FX Xtended.  There will be a couple of new ships / bases but that's undetermined right now, you'll just have to keep your eyes open.

Up to you :)

DS9FX Xtended will work with KM 1.0.  I just can't remember if there's a tweak to be done first before it'll work in your install.  Had something to do with the fact that the ship locations and names are slightly different from DS9FX...but I'll check into that further.

Nope, no tweaking or sword dancing lol. Just install and play in the Full release.

P.S. Currently we're counting about 73 different tweaks\improvements\fixes\addons along them are a couple of Foundation fixes. Most recent would be the famous exit to windows "stbc.exe has encountered and needs to close" crash. Which nobody seems to notice :(

Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2008, 12:08:39 PM »
P.S. Currently we're counting about 73 different tweaks\improvements\fixes\addons along them are a couple of Foundation fixes. Most recent would be the famous exit to windows "stbc.exe has encountered and needs to close" crash. Which nobody seems to notice :(
I do notice that, but my game is to heavily modded to pinpoint the problem. :P

Care to expand on the Foundatino fixes (aside for the Registry.py fixes)?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2008, 12:31:56 PM »
P.S. Most recent would be the famous exit to windows "stbc.exe has encountered and needs to close" crash. Which nobody seems to notice :(
I do notice that, but my game is to heavily modded to pinpoint the problem. :P
thats what i always figured also lol

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2008, 01:16:04 PM »
Though I only get it when I close BC or a QuickBattle session (or use sys.exit()).

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2008, 01:19:52 PM »
I'm not sure if it's the Easter Egg I'm thinking, or if it IS an easter egg, I fear of saying it incase of spoiling. It wouldn't have to do with the new Manual Wormhole entry, would it? ;D

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2008, 01:22:41 PM »
not even close ;)

~Jb06

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2008, 01:32:47 PM »
ya, Sovvy has done an incredible amount of fixes/changes since the last public build...

Though I only get it when I close BC or a QuickBattle session (or use sys.exit()).
same -  but i think Sovvy's last fix of that has been working...  it has on my end the few times ive been able to fire up BC and so far yet, no one has reported problems with it...

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2008, 01:34:54 PM »
ya, Sovvy has done an incredible amount of fixes/changes since the last public build...

same
Ah those with time.........