Author Topic: Texturing Tutorials?  (Read 762 times)

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
Texturing Tutorials?
« on: February 21, 2009, 10:11:49 PM »
Is it possible to be taught from paper? Or is it more of a thing of having someone sit beside you and show you? Or is it the worst one where you just find your own way? All the texturing things I've seen are for ages old models with little detail, and sure, that's all well and good, but I'm kinda thinking a tutorial that'll teach me how to do crisp edges to different shades and the like.

Basically...

I want to learn how to texture now.

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
Re: Texturing Tutorials?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 06:54:25 AM »
Hear hear! Well, not yet since all I can do are spheres, boxes and cylinders. But I can stuff things on my spheres!
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline MarkyD

• Cookies: 627
  • "A mesh comes together!"
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 08:33:37 AM »
Tutorials can give practice and show usefull tips and texturing tricks, but I really think that when it comes down to it, having the ability to draw helps, from there its just patience and persistance.

Offline Villain

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 07:21:20 AM »
Well, that makes things a little difficult. :arms: Does anybody know of any particularly good tutorials? I only have GIMP currently.

---
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline MarkyD

• Cookies: 627
  • "A mesh comes together!"
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 07:49:48 AM »
http://www.psionic3d.co.uk/page.php?3

Although the tutorials here are for photoshop, the techniques can be applied in GIMP or any other 2D software. The tuts are very usefull, and some even show you how to draw :D

Offline Villain

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 07:53:12 AM »
Cheers, mate!

---