Author Topic: Flickerey Specs  (Read 526 times)

Offline 007bashir

• Cookies: 111
  • Android User/Screenshooter/Sci-Fi Rendering
    • http://007bashir.deviantart.com/
Flickerey Specs
« on: June 06, 2013, 05:04:29 PM »
Was that ever solved (guess not)?

http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,5536.0.html

For me it looks like that:

My system is using the build in intel graphics card as standard and i cant change bc to pics the nvida card (bc is too old to support that i guess). Any idea what i could change in the intel card's settings?

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
Re: Flickerey Specs
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 05:24:58 PM »
If it's available, you might be able to disable the Intel graphics option within the BIOS.  And then enable the discrete graphics option (your Nvidia card) - most likely within the same section of your system BIOS.

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 01:55:51 AM »
I guess it has to do with the damage model overlaying with the actual model.

the damage model is a copy of the ship model, with it's normals flipped.... sometimes the inner model gets too close to the outer model, and the card might not distinguish one from another, so it mixes them, and you see a black spot.

happens often to me in 3dsmax when I have two planes overlaying too close to each other, or when two faces of the same object are curved too close to one another.

Offline 007bashir

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 04:27:55 PM »
I guess it has to do with the damage model overlaying with the actual model.

the damage model is a copy of the ship model, with it's normals flipped.... sometimes the inner model gets too close to the outer model, and the card might not distinguish one from another, so it mixes them, and you see a black spot.

happens often to me in 3dsmax when I have two planes overlaying too close to each other, or when two faces of the same object are curved too close to one another.

and is there a solution for that?

Seems i cant disable the itern card in the BIOS or as called UEFI in Win 8. Seems it depends on the motherboard... The only option is, how much memory the card can use.

I Only can disable the card in the device manager, but then, BC wont start up...

Offline moed

• Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 08:10:13 PM »
and is there a solution for that?

Seems i cant disable the itern card in the BIOS or as called UEFI in Win 8. Seems it depends on the motherboard... The only option is, how much memory the card can use.

I Only can disable the card in the device manager, but then, BC wont start up...

I think I just realized what's going on with your graphic setup. 

If my assumption is correct, you have a motherboard that uses a particular Intel chipset (I don't remember which one - I think it's the Z77 - but I'm not totally sure and am currently too lazy to open another tab to research it  :P ).  One of the functions of this chipset is to allow the ability for 2 different graphic processors to work in one computer.  For "lower end" graphic work, the chipset just uses the Intel graphic chip built into the actual CPU.  After a certain threshold is reached - determined by a specific parameter in the coding of the chipset - the Nvidia graphic chip takes over and supplies that extra "boost" of graphics displayed on screen.  This only happens when a "high end" game launched.  Only newer games have this "trigger" built into their coding to enable this switch between the lower end Intel graphic chip and the higher end Nvidia card.  I'll bet that BC is just too old for this effect to take place on your PC.

What Nighthawk stated is also correct but I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that unless you have an older system that doesn't have that chipset I mentioned, then having that newer chipset is the reason you can't change the parameters in the BIOS to where you can just have one or the other graphic solution exclusively working on your system.  Once again, if you do have an older system that doesn't have the chipset I mentioned, then your guess is as good as mine as to the reason you're experiencing this issue.

Offline 007bashir

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 05:36:28 AM »
the Mainbord is an intel HM76. The Notebook is a asus n76VZ

so, its seems my system is too new and i have to live with it (i still can turn of the spec highlights to play bc...)

Offline moed

• Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 02:12:50 PM »
the Mainbord is an intel HM76. The Notebook is a asus n76VZ

so, its seems my system is too new and i have to live with it (i still can turn of the spec highlights to play bc...)

I just checked on your notebook specifications and sure enough, you have the mobile version of the Intel Z77 chipset so unfortunately yes, your system seems to be too "new".

Now here's the thing, there might be a "work around" to solve the issue you're facing with maybe some other setting within the game or something, but I don't have the faintest idea of what that might be.

Oh well, eventually when the Excalibur game is finally released I'm sure you won't have this problem. 

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 09:03:22 AM »
Have you checked in the driver config? Might be something in there about it :/
I miss :bigdance:

Offline 007bashir

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 01:26:41 PM »
Hmm, after istalling a clean  BC with KM the flickering vanished...

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 02:07:41 PM »
Good your up and running cleanly bas-.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?