Author Topic: Making screenshots/Ships moving off after transporting to position ships  (Read 1220 times)

Offline Tally

• Cookies: 133
Hi all, long time BC gamer...but alas having a blonde moment as a 1st time post.

Been playing BC for about 7 yrs now and have always used KM and along with a couple of other mods added in its various releases with no problems... I'm not usually such a nub with regards to modding BC...tweaking ships, hardpoints etc.

Been using this clean BC install with latest KM2009.12 and its 2010.02 update since they were both released, I also have GC2.0 and latest ds9FX also installed.
Now for the life of me..and I know the answer is simple, none of my ships stay put after transporting to another. Such a trivial matter I know but  the game never did it up until 3 weeks ago....... i have a pampering to taking screenshots with more than 2 ships/fleets....it did use to work fine.....i have screenshots for proof  :funny . First thing I did was was make sure collisions were turned off so its not that I'm afraid.

After searching through multiple BC sites and finding no joy perhaps a fresh pair of eyes could help or someone in the know points me in the right direction  :lostit:

I apologise if I'm asking in wrong forum due to mods I have installed and forever grateful for any help

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
Re: Making screenshots/Ships moving off after transporting to position ships
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 06:36:46 PM »
cut power to the engines of the ship before you beam off.  Or you can send the ship an order to stop with the fleet orders menu

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 06:41:33 PM »
Or you just use Edit()
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Karronade

• Cookies: 5
  • Assimilate This!!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 12:04:29 PM »
Or you just use Edit()
And where do you put this in? I have the same prob Tally had. I want to collect some screenies for a Calender for 2012 and probably I want to make some pictures with more than one ship ;)

Don't know Space Patrol? Check it out now over here!!

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 02:33:54 PM »
And where do you put this in? I have the same prob Tally had. I want to collect some screenies for a Calender for 2012 and probably I want to make some pictures with more than one ship ;)
You need to have BC in testmode (if you're using KM you already have your BC in testmode) while in quickbattle hit '~' key to bring console up and type Edit(), it's important to write it starting from capital E ;)

Offline Tally

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 11:07:44 PM »
appreciate the help guys, still bugging the hell out of me as to why its started doing it though  :banghead:. powering down engines don't do nothing tho as the AI re-allocates resources once you beam from the ship and I know "Edit()" trick will do it....but do so like to fly into position and grab a screenie or two 

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 12:57:00 AM »
there is a mod i think that disables impulse engines.....
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Captain_D

• Captain of the Seafood Universe
  • Cookies: 5
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 03:32:55 AM »
Try disabling Gravity FX , that could be causing it as well.  :)

Offline Tally

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 11:14:16 AM »
already tried that aswell, any idea which mod controls ships AI out of the 3....KM,GC2.0 and DS9 extended?

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 11:23:17 AM »
-Transporter mod by Defiant sets the old player with an AI
-DS9FX also has a transporter mod which sets the old player with an AI
-Galaxy Charts War Simulator assimilates and overrides all AI's on a global scale and has quite a lot of hacks
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline Tally

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 11:44:34 AM »
Thanks....think it is the GC war simulator  :thumbsup:

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 12:59:08 PM »
hail your fleet, and order them all to stop, using fleet orders.

But really, using the Edit() mode is much simpler, once you figure it out. There's instructions in the SDK documentation.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Tally

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 01:29:54 PM »
thanks for help guys.....sovereign has set me on the right path, stopping them not the prob ...its the keeping them there that is.

Turned off war simulator and thats seems to have done the trick, now need to figure out which py script in the AI thats causing it so i can have war sim back on  :hithead: