Author Topic: ATP 1 (and likely 2 as well + 3?) compatibility fix BETA  (Read 3629 times)

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
ATP 1 (and likely 2 as well + 3?) compatibility fix BETA
« on: July 26, 2006, 08:33:39 AM »
This little file is an attempt to make ATP1 (the latest, easiliy obtainable, Advanced Technologies Pack by Apollo, avaidable from BCFiles) more easy going with other mods that might overwrite QuickBattle.py (or at the very least make it more sturdy for the future) such as NanoFXv2 Beta.

It's also possible that this will enable ATP1 for Custom Missions (maybe SP as well).

But, my time is limited, and I've only tested it partly, it seems to do the trick, since I installed ATP 1 without the QuickBattle.py file, and it didn't give me a bsod. And the Expansion001 is overridden.

Now what I've done is I've let a file check if the required functions (for ATP1) are present, and if they aren't, then it adds them. Then it checks if Triggers (and Foundation) are installed, and if they are, it creates a trigger for a mission start (something ATP did through it's QuickBattle modifications) which does the things ATP would have done.

If Foundation Triggers aren't installed, then it will just provide a way to supress the bsod that would otherwise be caused because (for example) the Expasion001 function isn't there.

If someone can test this with a couple of other test cases, such as a real ATP1 compatible ship, then I would be really gratefull.

In the mean time, I'm going to contact Apollo and ask his permission for this, maybe even get him to rerelease ATP2.

[EDIT] See this post of mine for update: http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,73.0.html#msg90446
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline iamthewindrider

• Cookies: 0
Re: ATP 1 (and likely 2 as well) compatibility fix BETA
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 07:34:34 PM »
Where exactly do extract this file to?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 01:07:21 PM »
Just put it in scripts/Custom/Autoload
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 07:52:15 PM »
Wasn't there an early version of ATP 3 in KM 0.9?

Hasn't Apollo left BC?

Isn't this an old thread?

Haven't I just bumped it further by responding to it?

Am I in trouble?

Should I ask fewer questions?
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 08:31:44 PM »
no FTech is what is in KM...  ATP pretty much "graduated", and is outdated, to what FTech is now... there is an early version of ATP3 in MPMP2.0, tho...  and an early version of FTech can be found at BCU...  until MLeo releases a full version of it...

Hasn't Apollo left BC?
perhaps?  perhaps not? ;)

Isn't this an old thread?
it is... but MLeo made an excellent fix for people still using the ol' ATP...  so it's not a bad thing the thread is bumped (unless with a spam post, well then we would just have to shred someone for doing that lol)

Am I in trouble?
hmmmmmm...  lemme get back to ya on that one lol :P

Haven't I just bumped it further by responding to it?
again, not a bad thing a useful thread be bumped...  :)

Should I ask fewer questions?
naaah because asking questions gain knowledge, and knowing is half the battle, G.I. Joe :D

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 05:58:32 AM »
Actually, I would like some response on this.
So far, one person has verified that it worked, since my initial release (where I verified it worked :P).

Some people can't/won't/don't want to/not enough space to (that's me) install any version of KM. Let alone one with ATP3, since some people don't know about FTech, or are having trouble getting it.

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 537
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 07:35:56 AM »
There is a full ATP3 in the MPMP mod, but be careful: If you install ATP3, the warp sequence won't end.
TaH pagh, Tah be.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007, 09:00:29 AM »
that version of ATP3 in MPMP was not complete...  ATP3 never was finished, as far i know...

Picard_1

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2007, 01:30:45 AM »
I have good news and I have bad news. Good news is BC didn't crash after installing ATP1 and MLeo's foundation fix. Bad news is that I tested several ATP systems and they do not work. The systems I tested were "life support" and "phase cloak". I would take a console report, but I don't think it would do any good since there are no actual errors. ATP just won't go.

In KM 0.9 I did manage to get the torpedo script working with ATP3, but at the cost of not being able to load or warp into other systems. The torpedo script was one of the most noteworthy pieces of scripting ever created for Bridge Commander. I've always hoped Apollo would follow up on it.

Apollo, "Don't go...WE NEED YOU!!!", TNG Loud as a Whisper

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2007, 06:55:44 AM »
I hate to break it to you, but Foundation Technologies (also included in KM) is a note worthy successor to the ATP series (except ATP Dimensions). It (FTech) can do everything ATP can do, and more, namely, it's expandable. And not limited untill a next version appears.
It's not even entirely included in KM1.0. :P Just the BridgeFX and stuff to make NanoFXv2Beta work.

While I admit that FTech currently doesn't contain everything from ATP3, it can be made to do so.
It has the Phase Cloak (with a couple of optional extra's, such as temporarly disabling cloak when hit).
It has several torpedo scripts, with the option of adding more by just creating a new instance of one with different configuration.

Lifesupport currently isn't implemented, but we have a SubModel implementation in FTech in KM1.0 (by Defiant).

Also, ATP3 doesn't use the things that this script fixes for ATP1 and 2.

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2007, 08:25:23 AM »
this is good information, for future uses, for me
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Picard_1

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2007, 04:40:49 PM »
It has the Phase Cloak (with a couple of optional extra's, such as temporarly disabling cloak when hit).
It has several torpedo scripts, with the option of adding more by just creating a new instance of one with different configuration.

You say FTech has phase cloak? I'd love to give it a shot; how do I implement the phase cloak? I already added a phase cloak subsystem
to CE's Galaxy for use with ATP1. Do I have to do anything else for FTech?

What are the torpedo scripts? Can you give me an example configuration?

I haven't followed FTech as much as ATP.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2007, 04:51:08 PM »
You should follow the readme that I created for it's release.

Also, you should try this:
http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,76.0.html
It used to be the second least noticed release of mine.
But I think this thread has made it now the least noticed one. :P

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
Re: ATP 1 (and likely 2 as well + 3?) compatibility fix BETA
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2008, 01:29:42 PM »
I saw this thread this afternoon:
http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,4552.0.html
And I tought, why not update this to fix this problem (for those who can't read consolereports, the code couldn't find ATP_Config, a problem introduced by NanoFXv2Beta for only partially including, without checking, ATP3)?

This won't enable ATP3 to run, but it also won't give you anymore problems, if it gave you any problems before.
And it's easier than editing some random file.

The instructions are the same as the original file above, put the zipped file in scripts/Custom/Autoload/

Other behaviour is the same, so it will fix, if needed, ATP1 and 2 as well.