Author Topic: Poll: new sub forum  (Read 715 times)

Offline Viper

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: -65520
  • BC Legend
    • KAG
Poll: new sub forum
« on: December 01, 2009, 09:57:24 PM »
Ok guys, I'm taking a poll to see how many people would be interested in a sub-forum here in the GA forum for physical arts. This would include sculpture, wood working, scale models, RC models, heck I'd even allow hot rodding and vehicle restorations. Basically anything BUT computerized art. So...anyone interested?
Viper
"The original Meister der Brucken"

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: Poll: new sub forum
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 11:11:02 PM »
I think it's a great idea, but I know I, for one, do not have any skills in this area.

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 12:11:41 AM »
Physical art is soooo 1980's.

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Viper

• Retired Administrator
  • BC Legend
    • KAG
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 12:25:59 AM »
Physical art is soooo 1980's.

Better watch it. I've done scale models for years. And having won 2 National awards this year, had my work published in a Best Of 2008 Magazine, and now having an article published in a worldwide publication, I take physical art very seriously.

Also, I'm the Bridge God [and admin]. Spam thy thread, and be prepared to face thy consequences!
Viper

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 02:30:27 AM »
it would be sweet to see such section. the more the merrier.  :D
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline Armondikov

• Cookies: 21
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 05:10:02 AM »
SFM has a separate WIP forum for physical modeling, but I'm not sure BCC generates enough traffic to justify a completely separate forum. But then again, it might not get it because it doesn't seem like there's a place for it.
"This is my Earth, and it's fine. It's where I spend the vast majority of my time. It's not perfect, but it's mine."

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 06:15:07 AM »
My point is that "Graphics Art" is too vague to not include it. If it were written art, like, for example, Hamlet, then yeah, I could see the point but.. Wouldn't model kits count as Graphical?  :funny

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline RCgothic

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 51
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 07:36:38 AM »
We've defintely had examples of physical art posted in this forum before. Actually, I might be better off posting my WIPs in here than on warseer, where my log thread gets lost amongst the crowds. But would another idea be to rename this forum to 'Arts' or similar?

Offline Viper

• Retired Administrator
  • BC Legend
    • KAG
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 01:27:35 PM »
Thanks for the input guys. 
Prime, Most of the time GRAPHIC arts refers to digital artwork. At least thats how I was taught. You had graphic art and physical art. Anything you have to physically touch to create fell under the latter one. Most all graphic art exists solely on a computer [unless you print it off].

I did see where SFM had a forum for it. Thats kind of where I got the idea. I'm also a member of a forum devoted solely to scale models. As for whether we have the traffic for it, probably not. As to the room for it, I was planning on making it a subforum here in the GA section. Although I do like the idea to rename the GA forum to the ART forum, or something similar.
Viper

Offline Armondikov

• Cookies: 21
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 09:31:07 PM »
If you change it to "art" that opens up the possibility of writing too. Considering the relatively low level of traffic, I wouldn't object to having a wider variety of things meshed up in one forum. The option looks like one eclectic forum with activity, or many forums with one or two posts a week each. Whichever you prefer, really.
"This is my Earth, and it's fine. It's where I spend the vast majority of my time. It's not perfect, but it's mine."

Offline Vladko1

• Cookies: 72
  • The trekkie of steel
    • Modders of Steel Shipyards Homepage!
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2009, 07:28:41 AM »
That is cool idea. I very like to draw on paper with pencil.