Author Topic: New more detailed NX refit class  (Read 7203 times)

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
Re: New more detailed NX refit class
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2009, 08:55:14 AM »
I kinda liked where your NX refit Deflector was put first.

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2009, 10:00:58 AM »
but if he dose the deflector like that, he should put it under the sensor dome, like the Saladin.
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Vladko1

• Cookies: 72
  • The trekkie of steel
    • Modders of Steel Shipyards Homepage!
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2009, 10:24:28 AM »
As I see the NX mesh I can reduce the polygon count three times and will be about 4000 polies, but when I reduce the mesh and a polygon came to one triangle big, not 3 as before the mapping is going away. This will take while but then the smooth will be greater. Here a some upgrades to the ship.

Offline Aramus

• Cookies: 19
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2009, 03:34:40 AM »
reducing polies after mapping will cause problems. you are removing mapping coordinates etc and thats why it goes all screwy. Since your this far along with the ship, I would just continue as you are and with each release you will pick up ways of fiddling with stuff before you map it. looks good.

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2009, 04:00:49 AM »
reducing polies after mapping will cause problems. you are removing mapping coordinates etc and thats why it goes all screwy. Since your this far along with the ship, I would just continue as you are and with each release you will pick up ways of fiddling with stuff before you map it. looks good.

Thanks man.  I found where was my mistake when I draw that ship. I was making it by connecting the points I put on the coordinates, squere by squere and that was my mistake. From now I will be drawing with polylines, but in some casses the selfish Rhino 3D, dont want to make surfaces like in this case with the Firefox sent to me to fix by deadthunder. I am strongly convinced to make his ship, becouse he is in my crew and when I promise something I am always trying to keep the promise.

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2009, 08:52:02 AM »
Here it is almoast finished. Milenent told me that he is very busy. I hope he will make the HP.

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2009, 02:02:19 PM »
My favourite render:
Why you walk in the darkness :funny

Offline JamesTiberiusKirk

• Johnny Walker... one of my best friends! Cheers!
  • Cookies: 33
  • Cheers!
    • My Myspace Page ->
« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2009, 02:54:39 PM »
thats pretty cool. now just add some more detail in those textures and you are ready to go :P

"And this... is... to go... even further beyond!"

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2009, 03:27:54 PM »
Ive already added detail to the textures. If you like later if I have time or tommorow I will add render or maybe ingame shots. I sent the ship to deadthunder for HPing. Because the 10MBs E-mail limit I send to him 512x512 saucer textures. I found some faced back faces but they are hardly to see and for the next week, its full of school exams. I am scared about the English exams, as they say that will have everything we've learn. :( When I post something and has grammar and writting error, please to note it.

Offline JamesTiberiusKirk

• Johnny Walker... one of my best friends! Cheers!
  • Cookies: 33
  • Cheers!
    • My Myspace Page ->
« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2009, 04:58:54 PM »
english is not the problem... if i dont the right grades im goint to be kicked off school. thats sad xD

"And this... is... to go... even further beyond!"

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2009, 05:00:59 PM »
Don't use e-mail, use files sharing sites such as 4shared. Accounts are free to make although if you don't use it regularly they can make your account go inactive and remove any uploaded files. It's much better than e-mailing. :)
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2009, 06:27:40 PM »
With uploading with the "quality" bulgarian internet, it is uploading on that sites with 2-3KB/s and its awful and on the fifth minute is making an error. E-mailing is the easiest. Soon deadthunder will be ready and he will send me the HP I will see and maybe edit somethink and I will make the scripts and the NX is ready.

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2009, 06:58:39 PM »
UPDATE
Hp will have canon phaser burst, and phasers

We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2009, 01:32:05 AM »
I have an idea about HP, would be cool if you could make them firing short quick bursts like Nem Enterprise. Can't remember if but I think charge and discharge should be similiar etc. so the phaser has only one charge lasting for about half of sec and recharges instantly for another shot, that's the way I've edited CG Sovereign HP for post-nem Enterprise ;)

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2009, 07:36:30 AM »
I have an idea about HP, would be cool if you could make them firing short quick bursts like Nem Enterprise. Can't remember if but I think charge and discharge should be similiar etc. so the phaser has only one charge lasting for about half of sec and recharges instantly for another shot, that's the way I've edited CG Sovereign HP for post-nem Enterprise ;)

Gotta admit, the NEM sov's phasers have to be a personal fave. There's something powerful about using short, violent bursts to long ones. It's like the perfect medium between pulses and beams. :P

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2009, 08:04:55 AM »
The HP will be ready in a day or two. When its everything done I will post some screens. Even I think when I have time to make the NX refit model again but using the technique which i drow the guitarship.

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #96 on: December 15, 2009, 09:04:34 AM »
Hp Complete,
Armament- 2 forward phasers, 1 port one star 2 aft dorsal 1 aft ventral
4 photon torpedo tubes
1 port one starboard pulse cannon, firing ionized phaser burst

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2009, 09:17:42 AM »
Maaan, you are very fast making a HP. You are not like Milenent. Cookie from me :D

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #98 on: December 15, 2009, 10:24:48 AM »
Gotta admit, the NEM sov's phasers have to be a personal fave. There's something powerful about using short, violent bursts to long ones. It's like the perfect medium between pulses and beams. :P
I always prefered short, devastating strikes rather than long firing modes, also I prefer smaller, maneuverable and fast ships using such weaponary

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #99 on: December 15, 2009, 10:52:23 AM »
I always prefered short, devastating strikes rather than long firing modes, also I prefer smaller, maneuverable and fast ships using such weaponary

I know it's off-topic, but it'd make for a great artillery craft. ;)

Can't wait to take this ship for a spin, she's turned out real nice!

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.