Author Topic: Repair Ablative Armoor in KM 1.0  (Read 716 times)

Offline Karronade

• Cookies: 5
  • Assimilate This!!
Repair Ablative Armoor in KM 1.0
« on: August 24, 2009, 02:34:30 PM »
O.K., I have figuered out how to set the ablative Armor via ATP or Ftech?? to ships in KM 1.0. But how can I repair it ingame? Because everytime (for example) the armor is destroyed, I dock at the next base, repair the armor, fly back, add new enimies to the game, they hit me (with beamwepons, puls or torpedoes) and the armor is instantly distroyed. This is also when the armor isn't totally distroyed the first time. When I repair it and the template is repaired it dissapears from Brex' s list and it comes instantly back as severly damaged as it was before repairing the armor. How can I fix this "bug". I'm writing the HP for the Valentine/Yamato now and I want them perfect.

Don't know Space Patrol? Check it out now over here!!

Offline teleguy

• Cookies: 53
Re: Repair Ablative Armoor in KM 1.0
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 02:48:41 PM »
Could you attach hardpoint, shipfile and plugin?

Offline Karronade

• Assimilate This!!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 02:49:40 PM »
The Ablative Armor is working fine, you only can't repair it. Thats my prob: How can I repair it??

Offline teleguy

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 03:00:31 PM »
It should repair automatically just like any other system. But without those files I can't say for sure what is wrong.

Offline Karronade

• Assimilate This!!
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 03:09:05 PM »
I set it everything equal to the barrierclass. Here is the link to bcfiles.com: http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Barrier_Class;99907. This ship has the same prob.

Offline teleguy

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 04:59:36 PM »
Ok, this affects every ship I tested. Never noticed this before.

The only thing I can suggest is using Fed Ablative Armor instead. Apparently it doesn't have the same problem.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 05:25:47 PM »
The problem is that the Ablative Armour does not use the ablative armour property for keeping track of damage done, the presence of the hull property is only needed if you want the health bar to change.

So while the dock to the starbase would repair the armour hull property, it won't reset the ablative armour condition tracker.
I was under the impression that Fed Ablative Armour did a similar thing.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline teleguy

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 06:09:09 PM »
AFAIK Fed Armor gets the armor strength from the hull property. In any case you don't have to put any numbers into the plugin like for normal Ablative Armor.

Besides I tested it and the Fed Armor still works properly after being completely destroyed and subsequently repaired in a starbase.