Author Topic: BCUT doesn't open  (Read 961 times)

ds9mn

BCUT doesn't open
« on: May 01, 2009, 10:54:05 PM »
I've been trying to download mod ships and haven't had much luck.  I seen BCUT is one of the best programs to do this but after I downloaded it I tried open it.  The screen went black, the fan on the computer was running like the program was starting, then I heard something like an error box pop up, and then nothing.  If I push the space key the screen goes back to the desk top.  I have windows xp, I'm thinking I don't have a program to run this fill but I have no idea what that could be or it could be something else.  I tried the lastest download, I think its 1.5 and I tried an earlier one too.  Any input would be helpful, thanks

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
Re: BCUT doesn't open
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 11:43:01 PM »
Net Framework 2.0 or higher installed on your machine? It is required in order to use it.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

ds9mn

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 07:32:14 AM »
Thanks for replying. Yes, I downloaded net framework 3.5

Offline Mario

• Administrator
  • Life is life
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 04:37:08 PM »
upload bcuterror.log here which can be found in the bcut installation directory.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

ds9mn

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 12:02:30 AM »
So where do I upload it?  One the website or in the bcut I installed.  I looked on the web site and I couldn't find it.  I don't know how to look into the bcut I have.  The only thing I can do is to try to open it.  Sorry my computer knowledge is kind of limited.

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 12:12:27 AM »
Okay, when replying to this post, you should see Additional Options... Click that so it comes down. Then where it says  Attach: There is a browse button beside it. Click that, and use the explorer that pops up to find your BCUT installation. Then just double click on the bcuterror.log file, and then Post.

:) Hope that helps you.

(I hope the bare basic approach of this doesn't offend, but it's the best way to ensure your problem is solved quickly!)

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

ds9mn

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 12:43:58 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I've finding bcut_1.5.5  but I'm having problems looking into that file.  When I right click on it, bcut_1.5.5 goes to the attachments. If I left click on it, it doesn't show an explore option.  It has open and open with but that starts the program.  I tried downloading bcut_1.4  thinking there was something wrong with the download but it still does the same thing.  I've done a search on my computer looking for bcuterror.log but its not finding anything.  I downloaded network 3.5 I was wondering if my computer was missing some other software needed for this program.  Thanks

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 01:23:24 PM »
Try going to http://bcs-tng.com/forums/ they might be able to help you a bit better

Offline Mario

• Administrator
  • Life is life
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 02:27:50 PM »
You say you've downloaded Net Framework 3.5, but have you actually ran it and installed it?
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

ds9mn

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 10:06:50 PM »
I'm pretty sure I installed it right, I even installed it again and the computer ask if I wanted to rewrite the file.  Before I found BCUT I installed bcsmc v 5.0 and when I tried to open it, it said I needed network 2.0.  So I went to microsoft and downloaded 3.5.  Then bcsmc opened up right, but I still couldn't add any ships to bridgecommander.  I know with all the other files I downloaded it came into a file then they had an icon to launch the program.  With BCUT, the only thing I found was an icon to launch the program.  So I haven't figuired out how to get into the directory to find the file you told me up load.  My computer still performs well but it is getting older, it might not have a program that is common in it.  Just a thought,  thanks for helping.

ds9mn

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2009, 10:58:18 PM »
Here is something new I tried that might help.  I downloaded "Bridge Commander Modding for Dummies"  It has the some kind of icon as BCUT.  I tried to open it, it made a different noise and it showed a pop up "Renderer Creation Failure" D3D Render Creation Error . . . Error string from renderer was " Creation Failer:Set Copperative Level failed"  Then it made the some noise I heard before and It Said" Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library"  run time Error! Program D:/setup/sebcexe abnormal program termination.  Good thing I wrote this down because now when I try to open this program it does the same thing as BCUT

Offline Mario

• Administrator
  • Life is life
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 08:52:02 AM »
I must say that descriptions are really, really vague to me.

I know with all the other files I downloaded it came into a file then they had an icon to launch the program.  With BCUT, the only thing I found was an icon to launch the program.  So I haven't figuired out how to get into the directory to find the file you told me up load.

Default installation folder: c:\program files\bcs-tng\bcut

Here is something new I tried that might help.  I downloaded "Bridge Commander Modding for Dummies"  It has the some kind of icon as BCUT.  I tried to open it, it made a different noise and it showed a pop up "Renderer Creation Failure" D3D Render Creation Error . . . Error string from renderer was " Creation Failer:Set Copperative Level failed"  Then it made the some noise I heard before and It Said" Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library"  run time Error! Program D:/setup/sebcexe abnormal program termination.  Good thing I wrote this down because now when I try to open this program it does the same thing as BCUT

Bridge Commander Modding for Dummies is a simple word document, a text file if you will. Microsoft Office advised to be installed in order to open it or Open Office as an alternative.

But the error you are talking about sounds like an error when you try to run BC but judging by the path you wrote it doesn't seem to be.

D is hard drive partition or a CD/DVD drive?
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline teleguy

• Cookies: 53
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 10:28:21 AM »
Here is something new I tried that might help.  I downloaded "Bridge Commander Modding for Dummies"  It has the some kind of icon as BCUT.

Hmm... BCUT and Modding for Dummies both come in rarfiles. Do you have Winrar installed?
http://www.win-rar.com/downloadnow.html

ds9mn

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 03:07:19 PM »
Thanks everyone, I installed winrar and everthing worked good.  BCUT loaded good and its a very good program.  It downloaded the ships perfect.  Again thanks to everyone who replied to my post.

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 03:21:14 PM »
Oh wow, that was the problem? Never would have guessed that.