Author Topic: Character Trailer  (Read 1728 times)

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
Character Trailer
« on: February 22, 2009, 11:43:06 PM »
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted.

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
Re: Character Trailer
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 10:08:41 AM »
Typical of Cryptic, this looks exactly like the character builders City of Heroes and Champions Online has. No doubt there'll be hundreds of phallic headed characters.

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 10:22:56 AM »
Star Wars-esque theme?

Offline Villain

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 10:25:30 AM »
I don't quite follow.

---
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 07:43:38 PM »
Interesting. reminds me of the customization in TES: IV.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 06:39:22 AM »
Interesting. reminds me of the customization in TES: IV.
Except with reduced limitations, in Oblivion they purposefully added those limitations to make all possible faces more or less realistic, with this it would seem you can make a blue Vulcan and a pink Andorian, with Vulcan ears.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Villain

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 10:24:27 AM »
...And Klingon ridges.

---

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 11:28:41 AM »
Star Wars-esque theme?
I don't quite follow.

He means the music.

As for the uniform, what the hell happened? I mean, its 25th Century, and the uniform seen in AGT is canon (since it was also seen in Voyager) and yet this uniform seems to have reverted to a slight variation of the DS9/First Contact uniforms.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 05:46:24 PM »
the problem with customization in MMOs often ends with the character being too cartoon/manga-ish
some objects add good taste to the model, but are not that functional in the game. others make the character more apt, but they take away the balance with realism.
if customization is for races, as here, it can be accepted, but when you apply that to uniforms (or ships in this case) it can turn out being disastrous.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 02:26:58 PM »
When you think about it, there aren't many main races in Trek. And in that vid we only see Vulcans, Klingons, Humans and Andorians. What about Tellarites? I wouldn't w ant to have to make one myself...
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 02:36:07 PM »
And in that vid we only see Vulcans, Klingons, Humans and Andorians.

We actually see quite a bit more:

Cardassians, Aenar, Bajoran, Vulcan, Founder, Trill, Nausicaan, Bolian, Andorian, Vorta, Klingon

Or add to the universe...

In this segment, among others they show us a human male. This entire trailer is just to show the vastness of the customization allowed through the character creation in Star Trek online. We can play as virtually any species in Star Trek Online, and serve either Starfleet or the Klingon Defense Force.
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 12:56:14 AM »
I wanna be a horta. :arms:

Offline Vanguard

• Cookies: 5
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 06:29:08 AM »
I want to be one of those things Janeway and Paris evolved into.

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2009, 10:45:09 AM »
Eww... that episode sucked.

On the other hand, I could see a backstory...

"During Janeway's and Tom's brief life as salamanders, they mated and produced offspring.  They were born with the same mental capacity of humans, and eventually learned to walk and talk.  When a merchant ship passed by, they were able to trade labor for passage.  Their physique made labor difficult for humanoids easier for them, and by doing this, they were able to reach the Alpha Quadrant.  They settled on a planet, having now found their parents.  They quickly became a separate species and members of the Federation."

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2009, 04:37:31 PM »
Eww... that episode sucked.

On the other hand, I could see a backstory...

"During Janeway's and Tom's brief life as salamanders, they mated and produced offspring.  They were born with the same mental capacity of humans, and eventually learned to walk and talk.  When a merchant ship passed by, they were able to trade labor for passage.  Their physique made labor difficult for humanoids easier for them, and by doing this, they were able to reach the Alpha Quadrant.  They settled on a planet, having now found their parents.  They quickly became a separate species and members of the Federation."

Damn they can sure make babies fast! xD
Actually, that would be rather interesting for the Federation to come to; their evolved salamander-like-selves. I wonder if their technology would advance just as fast? interesting to think about...

I think I'd be a half-vulcan. Elves, Half-Elves... they always strike my fancy. So a vulcan seems to follow suit, minus the cold emotionless exterrior. No Emo jokes, plz. :P xD