Author Topic: Post dom-war excelsior refit  (Read 22618 times)

Offline Adonis

• Ze Meister xP
  • Cookies: 84
  • Da Death Squad ???
    • Star Trek Excalibur
Re: Post dom-war excelsior refit
« Reply #180 on: June 05, 2008, 08:15:41 PM »
Well it hurt less than I thought :D I know one thing for sure, this was my first and last ride on skateboard :D it turned to be harder than in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater  :P

Before you learn skateboarding, learn how to fall, not many ppl know how to fall correctly without hurting themselves bad.
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #181 on: June 06, 2008, 06:38:19 AM »
uh now I wish somebody told me that before I treid to skate :D

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #182 on: September 04, 2008, 12:14:04 PM »
Hello all :D I hope you didn't forget this ship and me ;)
now that I'm back and fully functional  :lol: I can finish up my projects (only about 20 % of them survived my HD crash but those most important like Connie v.2, Eximius, Ent-B bridge retex and this PDW excelsior survived) and I have some good news :

-first version of post Dominion war Excelsior refit was just sent to BCFiles :D
-pack is finished in 60 % I still need to finish 5 ships regs, make scripts, new sounds and.... new....nah this will be surprise :D

Here, take a look on it

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #183 on: September 04, 2008, 12:20:53 PM »
She looks beautiful.

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #184 on: September 04, 2008, 12:22:53 PM »
I want those Nacelles (Specifically the Buzzards). Mind if I use something similar for the Avalon?

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #185 on: September 04, 2008, 12:25:27 PM »
I want those Nacelles (Specifically the Buzzards). Mind if I use something similar for the Avalon?
No problem ;)

Offline Villain

« Reply #186 on: September 04, 2008, 12:26:24 PM »
Cheers mate, maybe now I can work on them! She's looking fantastic, by the way. I'm such a sucker for Excelsior refits and subclasses.

---
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #187 on: September 04, 2008, 12:31:39 PM »
Hehe I had an idea to build miranda from this ship but my skills (and ms3d) sucks so no way to get it done, pity cuz I have neat (in my opinion) design :D

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #188 on: September 04, 2008, 12:34:13 PM »
It looks a bit like the Chabot. The only differences are the warp engines and the fact that the red parts of the middle impulse are close together! Still looks great tho.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #189 on: September 04, 2008, 12:50:59 PM »
It looks a bit like the Chabot. The only differences are the warp engines and the fact that the red parts of the middle impulse are close together! Still looks great tho.
Wrong :D it's entirely different model, Chabot used original Excelsior refit model with Sovvy nacelles, this one uses Sorcerer model with Tiburon nacelles ;)

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #190 on: September 04, 2008, 12:53:17 PM »
Ah, the Tiburon, lovely little ship. Sorcerer? Hmm. Better find it, I'm interested.

Still, all work that goes on BCC is great. This appears to have a Sovie style light grey armour going on as well! I like it all!
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #191 on: September 04, 2008, 12:56:13 PM »
Correct :D
and you can find the Sorcerer here http://drs.battleclinic.com/index2.htm

Offline tannerwaterbury

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #192 on: September 04, 2008, 08:53:06 PM »
Ooh, how about USS NEDM

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #193 on: September 04, 2008, 09:35:36 PM »
Texturing looks excellent... only critisism (although minor), is that the pylon texturing looks a little bit "low res" compared to the rest of the texturing.

And perhaps you could make a variant, with the Sovvy-style gold deflector dish? :)
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #194 on: September 05, 2008, 04:29:50 AM »
Texturing looks excellent... only critisism (although minor), is that the pylon texturing looks a little bit "low res" compared to the rest of the texturing.

And perhaps you could make a variant, with the Sovvy-style gold deflector dish? :)
I'll fix them for pack as this version is already out but also it's great idea to make gold dish variant ;)

Offline Centurus

• If you're reading this, you're missing out on something better.
  • Cookies: 68
  • BOW BEFORE THE POWER OF MY RUBBER CHICKENS!!!
« Reply #195 on: September 05, 2008, 07:28:26 AM »
Wrong :D it's entirely different model, Chabot used original Excelsior refit model with Sovvy nacelles, this one uses Sorcerer model with Tiburon nacelles ;)

Actually the Chabot Refit uses the Sorcerer secondary hull, since there was not a suitable secondary hull that I liked.  I had to bash in the shuttlebays from another of WZ's models.  The pylons and neck are from P81's XCA, which is what the original Chabot by Nannerslug was built from.  The saucer was from a newer P81 Enterprise B model.  The phaser arrays were custom made by Cpt. Hooker, and the textures done by GAFY.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #196 on: September 05, 2008, 08:37:23 AM »
I've been working on that miranda styled ship and I came with something like Centaur refit, take a look on pic.

Of course only saucer and nacelles textures are finished the rest must be retextured to fit overall style of saucer so PDW Excelsior style :D

Offline Shino Tenshi

• NG|mods Founder
  • Cookies: 23
  • Aw, man...
    • NG|mods website
« Reply #197 on: September 05, 2008, 08:48:01 AM »
Nice, but you should lower the pod and maybe thicken the pylons (also the pod's), as the nacelles look too heavy for them at the moment (I know that it doesn't really matter in space, but think of momentum ;) )
 8)

Offline martyr

• Cookies: 4
« Reply #198 on: September 05, 2008, 08:58:42 AM »
it needs a r-r-r-r-roll bar

Offline Villain

« Reply #199 on: September 05, 2008, 09:34:17 AM »
Actually, Momentum has -nothing- to do with it. There is technology that makes the bizarre designs plausible (As plausible as you can be with non-existant craft). Personally, I prefer the slim pylons.

---