Bridge Commander Central

BC Forums => BC Modding => Topic started by: vonfrank on July 29, 2012, 05:02:21 PM

Title: DQP Hirogen Venatic
Post by: vonfrank on July 29, 2012, 05:02:21 PM
I noticed that there is an un-textured model for the Hirogen Venatic inside the folder for the Hirogen Hunter that comes with the Delta Quadrant Pack.

I don't have the skills to texture this thing but if the creators of the DQP gives permission for someone to tackle it, we would have a complete ship done for us already.

Is there anyone else out there who has tried, or anyone that is interested in trying? I would be glad to do the Hardpointing if someone can do the textures.
Title: Re: DQP Hirogen Venatic
Post by: Jb06 on July 29, 2012, 05:54:24 PM
The Venatic uses most of the Hirogen Hunters textures, that's why it's shoved in there :) Just need's the extra details on there etc. Kophjaeger kitbashed the original hirogen hunter made by shadowbuilder... So as long as they're credited I can't see why not. It needs a proper nif structure if it's going to be ingame.

(http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l62/01burrowsj/Untitled-1-1.jpg)
Title: Re: DQP Hirogen Venatic
Post by: HiveshipCommander on July 29, 2012, 06:37:02 PM
THIS is the one i wanted when i downloaded the DQP.
Title: Re: DQP Hirogen Venatic
Post by: FarShot on July 29, 2012, 11:18:12 PM
It looks like the Messiah from Deep Impact.
Title: Re: DQP Hirogen Venatic
Post by: vonfrank on August 22, 2012, 06:21:29 PM
OK. I took it upon myself to texture the Venatic. I took the pieces of the Hirogen Hunter's textures and applied them to the model in an appropriate way. Here is the Result:

(http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h419/VonFrank/Venatic1.jpg)

(http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h419/VonFrank/Venatic2.jpg)

And Here's a beauty shot recreating a memorable scene from "Flesh and Blood".

(http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h419/VonFrank/FleshandBlood.jpg)

As you can see the ship is now appropriately scaled as well.

If I release it, I will obviously give credit to Kophjaeger and Shadowbuilder as well as JL Studios. Before I do that I would really like feedback and permission from Jb06.

I'm not sure what do do about the Hardpoints. Currently I have the ship's hardpoints set up to be balanced in my personal mod, but it is vastly different form the balancing in the DQP. I suppose i could always release 2 different HP's.
Title: Re: DQP Hirogen Venatic
Post by: Darkthunder on August 22, 2012, 06:29:40 PM
If memory serves, the "Venatic" was more powerful than Voyager. If that helps any in terms of balance. Other than that, I think it looks rather well done.
Title: Re: DQP Hirogen Venatic
Post by: moed on August 22, 2012, 07:13:35 PM
Excellent job Vonfrank... release away dude!

Cookie for you.
Title: Re: DQP Hirogen Venatic
Post by: tiqhud on August 23, 2012, 09:15:53 AM
not a small ship, there.
Title: Re: DQP Hirogen Venatic
Post by: Jb06 on August 23, 2012, 11:04:50 AM
Afew details missing but other than that looks good. Yeah go ahead and release it, just for permissions like you said put shadowbuilder for the original mesh, Kophjaeger for the kitbash and me for the original textures ;)

Cheers
Title: Re: DQP Hirogen Venatic
Post by: Darkthunder on August 23, 2012, 11:32:17 AM
As the STO devs are so fond of saying... "Close enough" :)
Title: Re: DQP Hirogen Venatic
Post by: Phoenix Bondi on September 11, 2012, 05:50:29 AM
damn thats nice!
Title: Re: DQP Hirogen Venatic
Post by: Kophjaeger on October 31, 2012, 07:41:37 AM
There should have been the additional original textures with the model. Most of it was kitbash, but alot way original made to blend too.