Bridge Commander Central

BC Forums => BC Technical Support => Solved Problems => Topic started by: captkirk222 on June 15, 2011, 02:08:12 PM

Title: DJ Damar-class Cruiser Bug - no torpedoes?
Post by: captkirk222 on June 15, 2011, 02:08:12 PM
I have a problem with this otherwise awesome ship. The torpedoes don't seem to be working, The torpedo selection box reads 'projectile substitute' and the torpedo count reads as zero so the tubes won't even fire. The readme mentions torpedoes so I am assuming that this is not intentional. Thanks for any assistance that can be given.
Title: RE: DJ Damar-class Cruiser Bug - no torpedoes?
Post by: Nebula on June 15, 2011, 02:13:48 PM
don't have the ship but have you tried hitting g?
Title: RE: DJ Damar-class Cruiser Bug - no torpedoes?
Post by: tiqhud on June 15, 2011, 03:08:39 PM
maybe it has disruptors, instead
Title: RE: DJ Damar-class Cruiser Bug - no torpedoes?
Post by: captkirk222 on June 15, 2011, 04:26:56 PM
I tried seeing if it was used as disruptors, they are not set up as disruptors. I always test all weapon systems on new ships just to make sure of what is set up to do what.
Title: RE: DJ Damar-class Cruiser Bug - no torpedoes?
Post by: King Class Scout on June 15, 2011, 06:15:30 PM
any ship that says "projectile substitute" usually means it HAS no torps whatsoever.

just checked with the hardpoint.  this ship does not have actuall torps.  the torpedo launcher is there so felix will fly the thing in KM 1.0 and below
Title: RE: DJ Damar-class Cruiser Bug - no torpedoes?
Post by: ACES_HIGH on June 15, 2011, 06:47:14 PM
you must not have installed them properly, I checked it and the mod does come with torpedoes
Title: RE: DJ Damar-class Cruiser Bug - no torpedoes?
Post by: captkirk222 on June 15, 2011, 07:39:27 PM
Well, I had a feeling that it might just be me. I'll try reinstalling it and see if that fixes it.
Title: RE: DJ Damar-class Cruiser Bug - no torpedoes?
Post by: captkirk222 on June 15, 2011, 07:49:06 PM
Well, unfortunately reinstalling it didn't help. There was no change in anything.
Title: RE: DJ Damar-class Cruiser Bug - no torpedoes?
Post by: Nebula on June 15, 2011, 08:00:49 PM
is this a non KM install?
Title: RE: DJ Damar-class Cruiser Bug - no torpedoes?
Post by: captkirk222 on June 15, 2011, 08:02:02 PM
AH! Now I've got it working. It seems that the torpedoes are set up as disruptors, but I was encountering the same problem that I always have with disruptors on this game. They won't fire unless the max charge is greater than the minimum firing charge for some reason. I would not have thought to check that without trying to reinstall it first. Thanks again! My game started as a basic KM install but it has since had several new additions in the form of ships and weapons upgrades.
Title: RE: DJ Damar-class Cruiser Bug - no torpedoes?
Post by: DJ Curtis on June 18, 2011, 07:15:28 PM
I should have clarified that I used a disruptor instead of torps.