Bridge Commander Central

Recreational Forums => Other Sci-Fi Discussion => Topic started by: Dawg81 on August 13, 2010, 09:25:34 PM

Title: War for Cybertron
Post by: Dawg81 on August 13, 2010, 09:25:34 PM
FINALLY a transformer game that doesnt suck!!!!!! War for Cybertron is fantastic with a single and multiplaeyr co op and able to play as both autobots and decepticons throughout 10 chapters of a fantastic OFFICAL prequel storyline to G1 im in awe with all the action i can handle and high end graphics in this game. For anyone who is a G1 TF fan i HIGHLY recommend getting this game
Title: Re: War for Cybertron
Post by: Locke on August 14, 2010, 03:58:37 AM
What exactly is G1 TF? :idk:
Title: Re: War for Cybertron
Post by: Villain on August 14, 2010, 07:30:06 AM
Generation 1 Transformers. What most of us would've grown up with. I tried this game, personally couldn't stand it. Seems too influenced by the live action movies, which as a separate canon are pretty cool, but has no place in the original, cheesiness of the 80's I know and love.
Title: Re: War for Cybertron
Post by: King Class Scout on August 14, 2010, 10:26:53 AM
I've been getting hints about this for weeks from a freind in Australia.  if I could get my G!er out on paper...
Title: Re: War for Cybertron
Post by: mckinneyc on August 14, 2010, 03:45:46 PM
I got it this weekend, an early birthday present. I couldn't stop playing it! Had to be ordered off it  :funny
Title: Re: War for Cybertron
Post by: Dawg81 on August 14, 2010, 04:52:05 PM
If u guys need any info on how to beat a level especially going up against soundwave with frenzy/rumble/laserbeak youtube.com
Title: Re: War for Cybertron
Post by: Lionus on August 15, 2010, 03:26:51 AM
So, this will be the new Quake?
Title: Re: War for Cybertron
Post by: Villain on August 15, 2010, 09:49:32 AM
No, it really won't. Nothing will ever be the new "Quake" simply because there's no demand for quake style games anymore.
Title: Re: War for Cybertron
Post by: King Class Scout on August 15, 2010, 10:26:32 AM
hate to tell ya, villian, the nostalga cycle is getting close to those kinds of games PRETTY fast.  don't be surprised if nostalgia gaming finally kicks the current owners of ol vaporwear-breath duke nukem into finally getting the thing DONE
Title: Re: War for Cybertron
Post by: Villain on August 15, 2010, 11:05:28 AM
Don't bet on it. DNF has been rebuilt several times. Nobody wants to pick up cursed IP. Quake 4 proved Quake doesn't belong in this era, though.
Title: Re: War for Cybertron
Post by: Shadowknight1 on August 19, 2010, 01:12:53 AM
This was an okay game from what little I played, which wasn't much admittedly.  My problem with it is that I like to be able to lock on to my targets, not sweep the entire room for them if I lose them for half a second.
Title: Re: War for Cybertron
Post by: mckinneyc on August 19, 2010, 01:30:41 PM
I found that annoying to begin with but learnt to use cover and fire in short bursts. My only grip is the game isn't long enough and has all these multiplayer features to dress it up when I, like some, don't have the Xbox connected to the internet.