Bridge Commander Central

Recreational Forums => Art Forum => Topic started by: Toa_Kaita on July 14, 2010, 07:12:27 PM

Title: Toa Kaita's Concept Stuffs
Post by: Toa_Kaita on July 14, 2010, 07:12:27 PM
Figured I'd make a thread for some of my hand-drawn concept stuffs.

For starters, lemme say my sketching kinda sucks, but oh well.

This was a concept I had in mind for a Valkyrie Starfighter. The Starfleet Emblems were an homage to Demon Renegade Studios' awesome looking ones. As for the design of the ship, I was aiming for something of a cross between the Defiant and a Runabout.

(http://i36.servimg.com/u/f36/15/36/12/95/00111.jpg)
Title: Re: Toa Kaita's Concept Stuffs
Post by: Locke on July 15, 2010, 05:43:16 PM
Hmm, looks like a Federation version of the Dominion bugship . . . interesting.
Title: Re: Toa Kaita's Concept Stuffs
Post by: Toa_Kaita on July 16, 2010, 12:57:20 AM
Thanks :) I actually have a bunch of more drawings, I'll try to post tomorrow.
Title: Re: Toa Kaita's Concept Stuffs
Post by: Toa_Kaita on July 21, 2010, 02:31:35 PM
Finally had the time to scan these in.

The USS Dreamstar is an Advent Class heavy cruiser designed to gracefully intimidate all who threaten the Federation. It was built some time after the Enterprise G was built.
(http://i36.servimg.com/u/f36/15/36/12/95/00112.jpg)

The Spyder Class light cruiser is built for reconnaissance and science missions.
(http://i36.servimg.com/u/f36/15/36/12/95/00210.jpg)

The Corvus Class is built as a "get in, get out" spy ship, built for recon and speed.
(http://i31.servimg.com/u/f31/13/41/24/33/00310.jpg)

And now my personal favorite of all the designs, the Integra Class, a diplomatic/command cruiser capable of planetary landings.
(http://i31.servimg.com/u/f31/13/41/24/33/00410.jpg)
Title: Re: Toa Kaita's Concept Stuffs
Post by: Hellsgate on July 27, 2010, 07:14:29 PM
Interesting. I like these Jim Martin-style prototypes. Though I'd seriously reduce their tactical profiles, the nacelles on the Valkyrie are seriously too big compared to the rest of the hull and I'd suggest a circular front end (ie: Oberth) than the drooping deflector. I like the Integra (Norway refit).

Title: Re: Toa Kaita's Concept Stuffs
Post by: MarkyD on August 12, 2010, 02:57:54 PM
Interesting drawings mate.. BTW

I Pi**ed myself laughing at your avitar..  :thumbsup:
Title: Re: Toa Kaita's Concept Stuffs
Post by: hobbs on August 12, 2010, 03:28:05 PM
nice designs

love the integra very cool

and of course i love the corvus
(it has retractable nacelles like my Griffin Class http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,6322.msg129272.html#msg129272  and http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,6330.msg124116.html#msg124116 )
Title: Re: Toa Kaita's Concept Stuffs
Post by: Toa_Kaita on August 12, 2010, 04:10:31 PM
@hellsgate I thought the same thing about the nacelles; thats not the deflector, that's the cockpit for the pilot. At the tip of it is where a phaser beam cannon is placed.

@markyd Thanks! (I believe the avatar came from some prank show, but I dont remember all the details. I found it hilarious.)

@hobbs I like the Integra class most. And your Griffin class looks awesome!
Title: Re: Toa Kaita's Concept Stuffs
Post by: hobbs on August 12, 2010, 05:14:05 PM
thanks Toa Kaita, she's the one i first released (design not model) and made me join the bc communities... she has been built and is being re-textured as we speak... may be a version 1.0 release soon


do you model? or are you a designer only at present?
Title: Re: Toa Kaita's Concept Stuffs
Post by: Toa_Kaita on August 12, 2010, 05:34:30 PM
Im currently just a designer. I suck at modeling.
Title: Re: Toa Kaita's Concept Stuffs
Post by: hobbs on August 12, 2010, 05:49:42 PM
so do i lol but practice makes all the difference... check out Gmax is a good learning tool
Title: Re: Toa Kaita's Concept Stuffs
Post by: Toa_Kaita on August 12, 2010, 05:56:00 PM
Oh, I already have 3ds Max, but I only use its animation and effects tools for the most part. I have a bunch of renders in the Sci-Fi Renders thread.