Bridge Commander Central

BC Forums => BC Modding => Topic started by: CaptainRussell on June 23, 2009, 11:34:13 AM

Title: Ultimate Tactical Cube WIP
Post by: CaptainRussell on June 23, 2009, 11:34:13 AM
Wow!  I haven't made anything in such a long time, so I made a new Tactical Cube - this one should be very close to canon.  I still need to adjust the alpha channel of the main hull texture (it's poor quality - notice the white borders around the greens/yellows), and I also want to add the large blasters that dot the vertical edges of the ship in the shows.

Enjoy the screens.

-CR
Title: Re: Surprise!
Post by: Villain on June 23, 2009, 11:43:35 AM
FRACK! Instant cookie for that beautiful masterpiece! May I ask the Tri count? :D
Title: Re: Surprise!
Post by: joecool280 on June 23, 2009, 11:54:45 AM
Wow looks great, which episode was the tactial cube from again, Scorpien?
Title: Re: Surprise!
Post by: majormagna on June 23, 2009, 12:09:46 PM
 Wow, brilliant.

I must admit your first Tactical Cube was the first (seperate) mod I downloaded and installed... Purely for it's awesomness...

 This will be a ship, dare I say, of epic proportions...
Title: Re: Surprise!
Post by: Shino Tenshi on June 23, 2009, 12:19:37 PM
great, but I still don't like the symmetry of your borg textures (the one with the pipes and stuff). ;)
Title: Re: Surprise!
Post by: Lionus on June 23, 2009, 12:29:16 PM
will it still lose to ZPM'd Odyssey's HORIZON?  :lol:
Title: Re: Surprise!
Post by: CaptainRussell on June 23, 2009, 01:30:06 PM
Here's some more - fixed the alpha of the hull texture.

-CR
Title: Re: Surprise!
Post by: DJ Curtis on June 23, 2009, 01:54:16 PM
very cool buddy.  very cool.  i love the mechanical details.
Title: Re: Surprise!
Post by: szekeres2008 on June 23, 2009, 02:27:56 PM
 I'm a huge fan of your works CR, this beauty is nothing less than perfect :shock: :D
Title: Re: Surprise!
Post by: FourChan on June 23, 2009, 02:43:56 PM
Nice CR, this is a great cube.
Title: Re: Surprise!
Post by: JimmyB76 on June 23, 2009, 04:04:59 PM
may i ask how many polies and such?
looks so amazing i am fearful my crappy midrange system may not be able to handle it lol
Title: Re: Surprise!
Post by: Starforce2 on June 23, 2009, 04:48:10 PM
it's over 20k
Title: Re: Surprise!
Post by: JamesTiberiusKirk on June 23, 2009, 04:54:21 PM
the bottom hull armor is connected to the sides armor. watched unimatrix zero yesterday. somehow i remember that.


edit : yeah it is, even at the top (http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/draft_lens2307137module12855928photo_1228204395BorgTacticalCube.jpg)
Title: Re: Surprise!
Post by: Adonis on June 23, 2009, 06:59:34 PM
Heh, so you still live :P Nice Cube :)
Title: Re: Surprise!
Post by: Jb06 on June 23, 2009, 07:26:19 PM
looks nice, however your cannons aren't in the correct place... place a look at that pic above.

~Jb06
Title: Re: Surprise!
Post by: CaptainRussell on June 23, 2009, 11:03:39 PM
looks nice, however your cannons aren't in the correct place... place a look at that pic above.

~Jb06

That's because I didn't add them yet; I also did not want to waste too many more polygons on this thing; here it is finished.

the bottom hull armor is connected to the sides armor. watched unimatrix zero yesterday. somehow i remember that.

edit : yeah it is, even at the top

That's the only thing I didn't really do - connecting the armor plating like in the show.

-CR
Title: Re: Surprise!
Post by: CaptainRussell on June 23, 2009, 11:08:17 PM
Here I blew a giant hole in it with a bioship - seems to damage very well in-game; I also had to fix a few cracks/holes in the mesh that I neglected before (notice the shot at Poseidon 2 has a small blue hole in the ship)

-CR
Title: Re: Ultimate Tactical Cube WIP
Post by: Meteorafallen on June 24, 2009, 03:16:31 AM
Extremely good job CR, Someone deserves a cookie XD
Title: Re: Ultimate Tactical Cube WIP
Post by: Shino Tenshi on June 24, 2009, 06:10:40 AM
aren't the big cannons supposed to be located ON the edges?
Title: Re: Ultimate Tactical Cube WIP
Post by: Phaser on June 24, 2009, 08:22:30 PM
Holy crap, it's CaptainRussell!  Been a while, man.  Nice looking ship you got there, as usual.
Title: Re: Ultimate Tactical Cube WIP
Post by: DJ Curtis on June 24, 2009, 09:25:13 PM
lol.  we got some old school fellas in the house.
Title: Re: Ultimate Tactical Cube WIP
Post by: CaptainRussell on June 24, 2009, 09:59:13 PM
I like hearing from the folks that were around way back when - back when BCU was flourishing.

I am hardpointing the ship in MPE, so it should be ready for BC very soon, though it may need some advanced AI (BasicAttack is somewhat retarded).

-CR
Title: Re: Ultimate Tactical Cube WIP
Post by: Bigkap on June 24, 2009, 10:56:33 PM
Welcome back CR. Nice looking cube you have there  :D
Title: Re: Ultimate Tactical Cube WIP
Post by: FarShot on June 24, 2009, 11:48:43 PM
OMG YOU'RE ALIVE! :dance :v:

Awesome stuff you got here! :D
Title: Re: Ultimate Tactical Cube WIP
Post by: JamesTiberiusKirk on June 27, 2009, 08:08:48 AM
Nice work, I like it even better this way!
Title: Re: Ultimate Tactical Cube WIP
Post by: CaptainRussell on June 27, 2009, 01:06:42 PM
The ship is fully-hardpointed and runs well in the game - I wouldn't mind having some alternate disruptor pulses though (the stock BC models are awful) - perhaps I will just script the nanite torpedo as the cannon projectile.

-CR
Title: Re: Ultimate Tactical Cube WIP
Post by: Dalek on June 27, 2009, 01:09:46 PM
Well, you can make torpedo scripts as pulses (like the Quantum Turret on the Sovie) so you could mess around with them.
Title: Re: Ultimate Tactical Cube WIP
Post by: CaptainRussell on June 30, 2009, 08:13:30 PM
The ship is now available off of BC Files:

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/CR_Borg_Tactical_Cube;100601#Rate (http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/CR_Borg_Tactical_Cube;100601#Rate)

Moderators please lock this thread.

-CR