Bridge Commander Central

BC Forums => BC Modding => Topic started by: pepperman on November 17, 2008, 04:52:47 PM

Title: Another Romulan Warbird Underconstruction
Post by: pepperman on November 17, 2008, 04:52:47 PM
Here is another of Atolm's Romulan creations being brought to life. The textures are temporary at this point but the mesh is mostly done.

Title: Re: Another Romulan Warbird Underconstruction
Post by: Xonseru on November 17, 2008, 05:52:33 PM
Oh wow, that's a warbird indeed.
Even for temporary textures, it's pretty good.
Even though it looks really cool, I kinda wonder where's everything located though.
I mean I think I see the warp drives in the wings?
Meh anyway really cool.
Title: Re: Another Romulan Warbird Underconstruction
Post by: Vortex on November 17, 2008, 06:07:07 PM
Do the wings flap? :P

Seriously though, it looks awesome!! And very Romulan.
Title: Re: Another Romulan Warbird Underconstruction
Post by: tiqhud on November 17, 2008, 07:37:13 PM
Nice
Title: Re: Another Romulan Warbird Underconstruction
Post by: Nexxus21 on November 17, 2008, 08:02:18 PM
Not bad but it reminds me of a Mardi Gras mask in one of the pics... :D
Title: Re: Another Romulan Warbird Underconstruction
Post by: Dawg81 on November 17, 2008, 09:53:36 PM
welcome to BCC pepperman the warbird is looking great whats the poly count on her if i may ask
Title: Re: Another Romulan Warbird Underconstruction
Post by: pepperman on November 18, 2008, 06:52:30 AM
She's at some 11,000 polys at the moment...yiks.   So much for low poly modeling.

Anybody good at texturing...I hate that part. 
Title: Re: Another Romulan Warbird Underconstruction
Post by: Dawg81 on November 18, 2008, 09:12:26 AM
She's at some 11,000 polys at the moment...yiks.   So much for low poly modeling.

Anybody good at texturing...I hate that part. 

LOL 11,000 is modest in BC we have a Klingon NeghVar made by Lint that is almost 4times as many polies and still flies in BC compared to that yeah that is low poly ROFL
Title: Re: Another Romulan Warbird Underconstruction
Post by: 086gf on November 18, 2008, 01:16:52 PM
Can't wait to beat up some cardies with a pair of these. :dance

LOL 11,000 is modest in BC we have a Klingon NeghVar made by Lint that is almost 4times as many polies and still flies in BC compared to that yeah that is low poly ROFL

Remember, every model he's done(up until a few months ago) was made strictly just for Armada 1 so, 11k polies is VERY high for him.



I've lost Atolm's site, I can't seem to find it now.
Title: Re: Another Romulan Warbird Underconstruction
Post by: Darkthunder on November 18, 2008, 01:44:21 PM
LOL 11,000 is modest in BC we have a Klingon NeghVar made by Lint that is almost 4times as many polies and still flies in BC compared to that yeah that is low poly ROFL

I'd like to add, that modelling high polygon ships is fairly easy.

Modelling ships that look high quality, with less polygons... thats hard.
Title: Re: Another Romulan Warbird Underconstruction
Post by: MarkyD on November 18, 2008, 02:22:38 PM
nice work mate, you should continue with the textures u have.. keep going, keep playing with ur mapping as you go...   :D
Title: Re: Another Romulan Warbird Underconstruction
Post by: pepperman on November 18, 2008, 09:50:45 PM
Can't wait to beat up some cardies with a pair of these. :dance

LOL 11,000 is modest in BC we have a Klingon NeghVar made by Lint that is almost 4times as many polies and still flies in BC compared to that yeah that is low poly ROFL

Remember, every model he's done(up until a few months ago) was made strictly just for Armada 1 so, 11k polies is VERY high for him.



I've lost Atolm's site, I can't seem to find it now.

I don't think the site that had Atolm designs is up anymore (apparently it wasn't his site).  He hangs out over at Demon Renegade Studios and can also be found over at dynaverse.net.
Title: Re: Another Romulan Warbird Underconstruction
Post by: MarkyD on November 20, 2008, 02:02:29 PM
LOL 11,000 is modest in BC we have a Klingon NeghVar made by Lint that is almost 4times as many polies and still flies in BC compared to that yeah that is low poly ROFL

I'd like to add, that modelling high polygon ships is fairly easy.

Modelling ships that look high quality, with less polygons... thats hard.

DEFINATELY  :arms:

Hey pepper you gonna crack the textures yourself then mate... i look forward to seeing where you go with them.
Title: Re: Another Romulan Warbird Underconstruction
Post by: pepperman on November 20, 2008, 04:10:56 PM
i will probably make them something along the lines of the ones for the Romulan Ael' hlaiim Class Warbird (avatar)....still learning about texturing
Title: Re: Another Romulan Warbird Underconstruction
Post by: Torpedo423 on November 20, 2008, 04:33:34 PM
you woundn`t happen to be looking for a beta tester would you?  :D

Very nice looking ship ya got there, very nice indeed
Title: Re: Another Romulan Warbird Underconstruction
Post by: pepperman on November 20, 2008, 04:43:11 PM
one i get done with the textures, it will be up to some of you guys to set it up for BC....I don't have the game lol
Title: Re: Another Romulan Warbird Underconstruction
Post by: Torpedo423 on November 20, 2008, 06:18:08 PM
I don't have the game lol

then your missing out on all the fun... you should look into getting I got it for a good price (about $15) on ebay
Title: Re: Another Romulan Warbird Underconstruction
Post by: Digital_Clarity on November 24, 2008, 11:59:10 PM
I'm glad I saw these images. It elaborates upon expanding BC beyond starships. Wouldn't
it be awesome if we had some Transformers jets or Macross for BC?
Title: Re: Another Romulan Warbird Underconstruction
Post by: Paegus on November 25, 2008, 10:20:57 AM
see attachement...

or possibly a little bit flatter.


e:and why can't i attach pics in FF?  #loveFFX#
Title: Re: Another Romulan Warbird Underconstruction
Post by: pepperman on November 25, 2008, 02:32:10 PM
I am thinking along these lines

Title: Re: Another Romulan Warbird Underconstruction
Post by: Kirk on November 25, 2008, 02:35:59 PM
Looks good
Title: Re: Another Romulan Warbird Underconstruction
Post by: Aeries on November 25, 2008, 02:53:50 PM
 :shock: PRETTY BIRDIE!