Bridge Commander Central

BC Forums => BC Modding => Topic started by: Dalek on September 02, 2008, 05:54:35 AM

Title: SG/ST crossover ship: USS Pendragon NCC-X-305
Post by: Dalek on September 02, 2008, 05:54:35 AM
I'm doing another Century re-texture (I know, you'd probably want a completely modeled-from-scratch-ship) which, as the title says, is a Stargate/Star Trek crossover. To put it simply, this ship is designed to kick ass in both universes. She will have:
Fed Phasers (souped up a bit)
Asgard Beams (they're flippin' powerful anyways)
Borg Torpedo's (not as a pulse)
Some-sort-of-powerful Torpedo's (again, not as a pulse)
Drones (not as a pulse either)
Asgard pulses (now that's a pulse)
2 extra Impulse engines (Speed!)
Slipstream Drive (combination of working warp drive and the hyperdrive together, still capable of normal warp travel (I didn't actually do that. I just thought it sounded good.))
Lots and lots and lots of big, dark black armour Asgard look-a-like armour. :D

If anyone would like me to add anything else, please say so! I'm going to add polls on certain things as well.
Title: Re: Stargate/ Star Trek crossover ship: Pendragon or Medusa?
Post by: JerichoKru on September 02, 2008, 07:15:06 AM
It seems like an interesting idea.

I think it may be a bit overkill with the weaponry...but that's just my taste.
Title: Re: Stargate/ Star Trek crossover ship: Pendragon or Medusa?
Post by: Dalek on September 02, 2008, 07:33:19 AM
Overkill is this ships middle name!
Title: Re: Stargate/Star Trek crossover ship: USS Medusa NCC-X-305
Post by: AndrewJ on September 02, 2008, 11:22:04 PM
I shall sum this up in three words.


MY


KINDA

SHIP

This is my sort of machine :D mucho appreciation from me on this *subscribes to thread*

Title: Re: Stargate/Star Trek crossover ship: USS Medusa NCC-X-305
Post by: Dalek on September 03, 2008, 03:31:12 AM
Hey! I've managed to change some of the phasers to the Asgard beams (which is what I want), changed the Quantums to Ion Pulses and the main torpedoes to Drones! I've souped up her shields quite a bit as well. I think some Transphasic Torpedoes might be on the way...
Title: Re: Stargate/Star Trek crossover ship: USS Medusa NCC-X-305
Post by: AndrewJ on September 03, 2008, 04:12:21 AM
Hey! I've managed to change some of the phasers to the Asgard beams (which is what I want), changed the Quantums to Ion Pulses and the main torpedoes to Drones! I've souped up her shields quite a bit as well. I think some Transphasic Torpedoes might be on the way...

*dribble*
Title: Re: Stargate/Star Trek crossover ship: USS Medusa NCC-X-305
Post by: Phoenix on September 03, 2008, 05:04:01 AM
Woah this is set to be one crazy ship!!!

thing is with drones AND asguard pulses it'll rip through shields meaning it is literally a complete uber god ship, kinda like the feds are actually what humanity became after going to atlantis for ancient tech and getting all the asguard tech at the end of season 10!

Should be good, need something that can actually stand up in afight with the USAF Oddysey and ori mother ships
Title: Re: Stargate/Star Trek crossover ship: USS Medusa NCC-X-305
Post by: Dalek on September 03, 2008, 05:05:43 AM
Beams: Good
Pulses: Good
Drones: Only effective when shields are down on enemy ship.
Title: Re: Stargate/Star Trek crossover ship: USS Medusa NCC-X-305
Post by: Dalek on September 03, 2008, 05:28:45 AM
Update:

Thought you'd want to know: I'm adding Asgard look-a-like armour. I'm hoping it will look good and cool.
Title: Re: SG/ST crossover ship: USS Pendragon NCC-X-305
Post by: Dalek on September 03, 2008, 12:13:05 PM
Update 2: PIcs! I'm sure you've been waiting for them.
Title: Re: SG/ST crossover ship: USS Pendragon NCC-X-305
Post by: Kirk on September 03, 2008, 12:19:34 PM
I am emailing you the glows. (I added a little something in there.)
Title: Re: SG/ST crossover ship: USS Pendragon NCC-X-305
Post by: Jb06 on September 03, 2008, 12:26:16 PM
Looks like a good start, but if i was you i would redo the squiggley textures, they dont look asgard one bit, no offence.

~Jb06
Title: Re: SG/ST crossover ship: USS Pendragon NCC-X-305
Post by: Dalek on September 03, 2008, 12:33:05 PM
Yeah, I realised that too! How about we settle for alien?
Title: Re: SG/ST crossover ship: USS Pendragon NCC-X-305
Post by: Dalek on September 03, 2008, 01:58:16 PM
My little fun:

I've been messing around with the torpedoes, adding them and stuff. And the fun! Blowing ships up in seconds! Things I've found:
Ion Storm
Phase Quantum
Phalantium stuff

Yay! hahahahahahahahhahhahahahaha...get me my dried frog pills....
Title: Re: SG/ST crossover ship: USS Pendragon NCC-X-305
Post by: Jeffery_Hawkins on September 03, 2008, 02:44:26 PM
The thing actually looks kinda cool.

And I do like the armor, looks....interesting. 8)
Title: Re: SG/ST crossover ship: USS Pendragon NCC-X-305
Post by: Judge King on September 03, 2008, 04:03:43 PM
I will download this when released. It is the epitome of awesome.
Title: Re: Stargate/Star Trek crossover ship: USS Medusa NCC-X-305
Post by: chilapox3 on September 03, 2008, 04:56:22 PM
Beams: Good
Pulses: Good
Drones: Only effective when shields are down on enemy ship.

That's not how drones are supposed to work.

They're supposed to completely ignore shields and do damage directly to the hull or whatever subsystem they hit.


Anyway, the armor textures on that thing are awesome, I'm looking forward to this ship.
Title: Re: SG/ST crossover ship: USS Pendragon NCC-X-305
Post by: Dalek on September 04, 2008, 01:06:27 PM
I know chilapox, about the drones. I just can't seem to figure out why so I'll have a chat with Dave...

Update: I've finally settled with three more torpedoes. If I can't sort the drones out, I'll have to replace them. But the three that are definetly comfirmed are:
Phase Quantums
Gravimetric Torps
Mk5 Plasma Torps

They are all super uber powerful!
Title: Re: SG/ST crossover ship: USS Pendragon NCC-X-305
Post by: Dalek on September 05, 2008, 02:40:53 PM
Heres a pic of the Pendragon. I've messed around with the Speculars and got a more alien feel to it.
Title: Re: SG/ST crossover ship: USS Pendragon NCC-X-305
Post by: Kirk on September 06, 2008, 12:22:43 PM
If you're going to make the shuttle bays into impulse engines, you might want to make the glows reflect that, oh wait that's my job.
Title: Re: SG/ST crossover ship: USS Pendragon NCC-X-305
Post by: limey BSc. on September 06, 2008, 01:05:30 PM
Also, what about making them orange, like the thrusters in SG?
Title: Re: SG/ST crossover ship: USS Pendragon NCC-X-305
Post by: Dalek on September 06, 2008, 01:15:33 PM
The engines are too big I think for orange or yellow. But I changed the sound of the engines to Puddle Jumpers!
Title: Re: SG/ST crossover ship: USS Pendragon NCC-X-305
Post by: Kirk on September 06, 2008, 01:20:15 PM
I would have to disagree, I think the engines would look pretty good in an orange. (Also, it would give you a good excuse to email the textures to me for new glows.)
Title: Re: SG/ST crossover ship: USS Pendragon NCC-X-305
Post by: Dalek on September 06, 2008, 01:21:43 PM
I will have to anyway cos you didn't add glows to the extra impulses! It is your job after all. :P

Will an almost white orange be OK? I want the PJ sounds to go with the engines. I'm a bit of a perfectionist.
Title: Re: SG/ST crossover ship: USS Pendragon NCC-X-305
Post by: Kirk on September 06, 2008, 01:27:40 PM
Sure, white orange is fine. It is your ship after all.
Title: Re: SG/ST crossover ship: USS Pendragon NCC-X-305
Post by: Dalek on September 06, 2008, 01:33:23 PM
Right here they are in .jpg's. Can't be arsed to use e-mail.