Bridge Commander Central

BC Forums => BC Modding => Topic started by: FourChan on August 31, 2008, 02:43:31 PM

Title: Terran Empire Textures?
Post by: FourChan on August 31, 2008, 02:43:31 PM
Does anyone have any Terran Empire Textures? Thanks

Like the Yellow Colors, symbols, etc for textures on ships?
Title: Re: Terran Empire Textures?
Post by: Kirk on August 31, 2008, 04:47:34 PM
I found the symbol online using google search. As for the color, you have to do that yourself in Photoshop, it won't look good as a copy and paste job.
Title: Re: Terran Empire Textures?
Post by: WileyCoyote on August 31, 2008, 05:02:45 PM
I too found the Terran Empire logos on a google search- good ones too.  For the best designs, always make them yourself.  They won't look pixelly and they would look more professional and crisp.  For the yellow color, don't use true yellow- its too bright.  I use yellow with a tad of orange in it.  Use RGB: R: 255, G:192, and B: 0 or color code #ffc000.  Hope this helps! :)
Title: Re: Terran Empire Textures?
Post by: FourChan on September 04, 2008, 08:40:28 PM
Alright, that works. I'm working on a ship retexture. It's gonna be a surprise.
Title: Re: Terran Empire Textures?
Post by: Dalek on September 05, 2008, 05:12:34 PM
It's not much of a surprise for moi here though...unless you're doing other stuff as well!
Title: Re: Terran Empire Textures?
Post by: FourChan on September 06, 2008, 03:08:10 AM
Well I do have some plans of doing some quick HPing ahead, some of the ships people say, "This would work better with Quantums" or "This doesn't seem cannon enough" but right now my primary focus is on the ship using the Terran Logos :D
Title: Re: Terran Empire Textures?
Post by: FourChan on September 09, 2008, 05:52:57 PM
This is the torpedo script for Dalekanium
Title: Re: Terran Empire Textures?
Post by: WileyCoyote on September 09, 2008, 09:40:17 PM
Also to keep in mind, its not just the logos and designs you can add to a Terran ship, it's the other stuff- weathering, rust, repaired hull, blast markings, scrapes, etc that make a ship look really cool! :D

Here is a retexture of an Akula and Moonraker Connie variant I did recently.  You can get an idea of what a TMP Terran ship could look like. :)
Title: Re: Terran Empire Textures?
Post by: FourChan on September 09, 2008, 11:10:35 PM
Also to keep in mind, its not just the logos and designs you can add to a Terran ship, it's the other stuff- weathering, rust, repaired hull, blast markings, scrapes, etc that make a ship look really cool! :D

Here is a retexture of an Akula and Moonraker Connie variant I did recently.  You can get an idea of what a TMP Terran ship could look like. :)

Moonraker Connie? Hot, that's the ship from Gods and Men, where can I get that? Lol
Title: Re: Terran Empire Textures?
Post by: WileyCoyote on September 09, 2008, 11:42:46 PM
Quote
Moonraker Connie? Hot, that's the ship from Gods and Men, where can I get that? Lol

This is not from Of Gods and Men- those were TOS ships.  Actually I've based that ship off of Sean Tourangeau's mirror 1701 shown here: http://stourangeau.deviantart.com/art/I-S-S-Enterprise-NCC-1701-73786821

This ship is not out yet, I plan to make a Mirror Terran TMP Pack in the future.  I'm glad you enjoy it. :)
Title: Re: Terran Empire Textures?
Post by: FourChan on September 10, 2008, 01:34:19 AM
Need help on that ask me, cause I have one already done. I can't distribute it right now but I might send you it sometime. :P

Well that's a TMP version of the Gods of Men ship cause of the huge weapon on the bottom, that shoots out the planet destroyer torpedoes.  :D
Title: Re: Terran Empire Textures?
Post by: Vampire on September 10, 2008, 10:01:40 PM
Well I do have some plans of doing some quick HPing ahead, some of the ships people say, "This would work better with Quantums" or "This doesn't seem cannon enough" but right now my primary focus is on the ship using the Terran Logos :D

As far as Terran ships go, take the Galaxy class, as an example.
A Federation Galaxy class would be your normal explorer type ship, sufficiently armed to be a good threat to any enemy that challenges it yet a trio of BoPs could easily disable it (some TNG episode where the Ferengi did that).

An Imperial Galaxy class would your battleship type of vessel. Beam phasers replaced with Pulse phasers, and MAYBE photons replaced with quantums, as well as stronger shielding; and possibly a cloaking device (from past conquests).

The yellow crests and Imperial logos are what finish off the model in order to make it look kick ass.

Some things to consider when you work on your ship.
Just my 2 cents  :D  Can't wait to see how your project turns out.
Title: Re: Terran Empire Textures?
Post by: FourChan on September 11, 2008, 12:50:14 AM
Galaxy Class ships have been upgraded and updated throughout TNG, so the regular Galaxy Class ships were using just barely new Technologies and most of them were from the Ambassador Class era ships. Like Phasers, Photon Torpedos, etc. The Episode where everyone got turned into crazy messed up animals etc was the first episode where the Galaxy Class ships got upgraded.