Bridge Commander Central

BC Forums => BC Technical Support => Solved Problems => Topic started by: ACES_HIGH on October 02, 2006, 12:55:35 PM

Title: BCMP keeps giving error message "missing core files please install the full version."
Post by: ACES_HIGH on October 02, 2006, 12:55:35 PM
When I try to open BCMP all I get is an Error Messege that says that BCMP is missing core files please install the full version.  I tried reinstalling BCMP and it still does it.
Title: Re: BCMP keeps giving error message "missing core files please install the full version."
Post by: MLeo on October 02, 2006, 01:22:13 PM
Install VB6 runtime, a search on microsoft should find what you need.
Title: Re: BCMP keeps giving error message "missing core files please install the full version."
Post by: Mark on October 02, 2006, 01:22:34 PM
its talking about foundation isnt it?... why do you need BCMP anyway?
Title: Re: BCMP keeps giving error message "missing core files please install the full version."
Post by: MLeo on October 02, 2006, 01:23:49 PM
Quote from: Mark
its talking about foundation isnt it?... why do you need BCMP anyway?

It would say that the Foundation isn't installed.

And he would need it if a ship he has downloaded doesn't have a plugin.
Title: Re: BCMP keeps giving error message "missing core files please install the full version."
Post by: ACES_HIGH on October 02, 2006, 01:44:13 PM
OK I Installed VB6 Runtime but it still doesn't work
Title: Re: BCMP keeps giving error message "missing core files please install the full version."
Post by: mitchhankins on October 02, 2006, 01:59:38 PM
Quote from: ACES_HIGH
OK I Installed VB6 Runtime but it still doesn't work


you need this(i think):  http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&DisplayLang=en

just change the dropdown menu to your languege or it will be unable to install.  If this doesn't work can you give us a decent error report?
Title: Re: BCMP keeps giving error message "missing core files please install the full version."
Post by: MLeo on October 02, 2006, 02:36:27 PM
Oh, and reinstall BCMP.
Title: Re: BCMP keeps giving error message "missing core files please install the full version."
Post by: Mark on October 02, 2006, 05:56:14 PM
Quote
And he would need it if a ship he has downloaded doesn't have a plugin.


i always create them manually, avoids having to use bcmp :P
Title: Re: BCMP keeps giving error message "missing core files please install the full version."
Post by: ACES_HIGH on October 02, 2006, 11:37:27 PM
Quote from: Mark
Quote
And he would need it if a ship he has downloaded doesn't have a plugin.


i always create them manually, avoids having to use bcmp :P

everytime I try that, BC goes BSoD on me, maybe I just need more practice.

BCMP is still not working, and I have done everything people have suggested.
Title: Re: BCMP keeps giving error message "missing core files please install the full version."
Post by: mitchhankins on October 03, 2006, 02:19:27 AM
Quote from: ACES_HIGH
BCMP is still not working, and I have done everything people have suggested.


try this: uninstall bcmp then go to your drive(stander c:) go to program files and delete the folder BC-Mod Packager, then reinstall and try again.
Title: Re: BCMP keeps giving error message "missing core files please install the full version."
Post by: MLeo on October 03, 2006, 02:40:38 AM
Quote from: ACES_HIGH
Quote from: Mark
Quote
And he would need it if a ship he has downloaded doesn't have a plugin.


i always create them manually, avoids having to use bcmp :P

everytime I try that, BC goes BSoD on me, maybe I just need more practice.

BCMP is still not working, and I have done everything people have suggested.

Anything interresting in the BSOD?
Title: Re: BCMP keeps giving error message "missing core files please install the full version."
Post by: Mark on October 03, 2006, 07:13:09 AM
are you sure its looking in the right directory? or does it not even get to that point?
Title: Re: BCMP keeps giving error message "missing core files please install the full version."
Post by: ACES_HIGH on October 03, 2006, 01:11:49 PM
it won't even let me see the console when it does it, I just experimentially delete newly added files untill it works, usually it is a new ship that I manually wrote the plugin for
Title: Re: BCMP keeps giving error message "missing core files please install the full version."
Post by: ACES_HIGH on October 03, 2006, 01:14:44 PM
OK I completely deleted BCMP and reinstalled it, but it still doesn't work.
Title: Re: BCMP keeps giving error message "missing core files please install the full version."
Post by: mitchhankins on October 03, 2006, 02:11:05 PM
that's weard, i wouldn't know how to help you any further, sorry
Title: Re: BCMP keeps giving error message "missing core files please install the full version."
Post by: El on October 03, 2006, 05:33:30 PM
Try installing this;
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&DisplayLang=en

Should fix your BCMP problem.
Title: Re: BCMP keeps giving error message "missing core files please install the full version."
Post by: ACES_HIGH on October 03, 2006, 11:03:16 PM
it works now :dancebig