Bridge Commander Central

BC Forums => BC Modding => Topic started by: MrSFX on September 14, 2024, 03:43:13 PM

Title: SFX 6.0 AKA Premium SFX Library
Post by: MrSFX on September 14, 2024, 03:43:13 PM
After long long years, it's finally happening. With the power of the tools I have at my disposal, sound effects will be at their best.
What you'll be hearing is a mix of: already existing sounds AKA pasted just to be in the collection all at one place, sounds pulled from the actual shows and movies, shows and movies sound effects remade using various sound sources from Star Trek Games and etc.

This will be the best collection there's been. The 5.0 from what, 2018 was already great, I remember starting the SFX stuff back in 2016 before the server wipe after which I had to remake the account. Good times then. Might also do some bridge work like I did helping fully canonize that Voyager bridge from Lurok.

I'll attach a few previews below. Here's what I did, these are anywhere from 90% to 100% close to the real thing:

Klingon Disruptor Cannons - pulled from DS9 battles, background music cleaned up, edited heavily with another very similar transient already existing in some Trek games, but quiter than the DS9 sound and blended to mimic the DS9 sound as close as possible. 90% similar.

Nemesis Quantum Torpedo - pulled from Nemesis, background music cleaned up, has a small flyby trail. I'd say this is the closest you'll ever get since the JLS Sovereign had that SFX back in the day, this one is cleaner.

NX Phase Cannon - as close to real thing as possible, the main part of the sound is from the episodes, but the followup is actually one of the phaser loops from KM2011.10, as it has the same pitch and same sound and spectre, so blending that in made it perfect and indistinguishable from the 100% show one. 90% similar to show.

TNG Photon Torpedo - from S01E01, albeit the attack AKA main fire sound before the trail has been boosted contrary to the trail, as I've found a clean TNG torpedo without the trail, but this one is the best I think. Sounds closer to Q Who when the Cube is chasing them. EQ'd, suppressed Warp noise.

Title: Re: SFX 6.0 AKA Premium SFX Library
Post by: Commander_One on September 17, 2024, 07:23:56 PM
Doing Great work!
Title: Re: SFX 6.0 AKA Premium SFX Library
Post by: FekLeyr Targ on September 25, 2024, 03:52:37 PM
Sorry I took so long.

I've just listened to the sound effects on my headphones.
Well done. No trace of any background music, noise or artifacts.

I can't wait to see the full release. :-)
Title: Re: SFX 6.0 AKA Premium SFX Library
Post by: CaptainSonicTrekker on September 27, 2024, 07:54:51 PM
Sorry I took so long.

I've just listened to the sound effects on my headphones.
Well done. No trace of any background music, noise or artifacts.

I can't wait to see the full release. :-)

Me too!
Title: Re: SFX 6.0 AKA Premium SFX Library
Post by: starfox1701 on December 22, 2024, 12:48:36 PM
this going up on Gamefront when released?
Title: Re: SFX 6.0 AKA Premium SFX Library
Post by: MSR1701 on December 27, 2024, 01:27:59 PM
Awesomeness, this looks (or should I say Sounds?) to be promising!
Title: Re: SFX 6.0 AKA Premium SFX Library
Post by: MrSFX on July 01, 2026, 06:42:50 PM
Got some great news, albeit a couple years later.
Project is back in the works. Started where I left off.
The already finished sounds have been sitting on the drive for a while.
Have a bit of free time lately, so will finish this in a couple months.

Some advanced sound manipulation going on here.
Editing, blending, cutting, remaking, isolating, deconstructing... Many things.
Title: Re: SFX 6.0 AKA Premium SFX Library
Post by: MSR1701 on July 01, 2026, 06:46:14 PM
Awesome!!
Title: Re: SFX 6.0 AKA Premium SFX Library
Post by: CaptainSonicTrekker on August 11, 2026, 05:39:15 PM
Nice! Good one! :yay:
Title: Re: SFX 6.0 AKA Premium SFX Library
Post by: MrSFX on September 27, 2026, 08:12:20 AM
Here is a preview. Did some sequencing as if it were for a show. Pretty damn close, if not fully original in most cases.
Some things like the phaser loops whether fed or cardassian or borg etc... Ya can't make the loop noise that good as in most shows they rarely loop the sounds, they mostly do bursts so I in the full release will reuse some old, modify them

Here we have:
1) DS9 Station Photon Torpedo
2) Ferengi Photon Torpedo
3) Cardassian Ship Phaser/Compressor
3)Nemesis Quantum Torpedo (the most anticipated sound ever)
4) FC Borg Sphere Torpedo
5) FC Quantum Torpedo (best version you'll find)
6) Romulan Torpedo
7) Voyager Torpedo
Title: Re: SFX 6.0 AKA Premium SFX Library
Post by: Blackrook32 on September 28, 2026, 01:15:36 PM
Here is a preview. Did some sequencing as if it were for a show. Pretty damn close, if not fully original in most cases.
Some things like the phaser loops whether fed or cardassian or borg etc... Ya can't make the loop noise that good as in most shows they rarely loop the sounds, they mostly do bursts so I in the full release will reuse some old, modify them

Here we have:
1) DS9 Station Photon Torpedo
2) Ferengi Photon Torpedo
3) Cardassian Ship Phaser/Compressor
3)Nemesis Quantum Torpedo (the most anticipated sound ever)
4) FC Borg Sphere Torpedo
5) FC Quantum Torpedo (best version you'll find)
6) Romulan Torpedo
7) Voyager Torpedo

Thanks for the preview! I had a lessen to the new SFX's. They sound very crisp and clear. Definitely a welcome addition to anyone's modded install. You should share your examples over on our BCC Discord. Can't wait to see the finished products.

Cheers,
BR32