Author Topic: USS Swift  (Read 6019 times)

Offline Toa_Kaita

• Cookies: 58
  • Aspiring 3D Animator and Music Composer
    • Current Project - Earth-Link Origins
Re: USS Swift
« Reply #140 on: November 27, 2011, 10:24:19 PM »
Quote from: CyAn1d3
can you skew it aft and ventral some to sit closer to the body? MAYBE that would change the "feel" of it.

The pod does look nice, but I think I have to agree with this. :)

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Cookies: 151
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #141 on: November 28, 2011, 07:44:41 AM »
I do like the pod from certain angles but hate it in others. Looks like a mini starship in its own right.

Also glad to see you back. How about sticking a pod on your TNG Frigate too  :)

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #142 on: November 28, 2011, 12:45:51 PM »
Regarding the pod:

Based on how it currently looks, have you given a thought to making a "pod-like" vessel that can detach itself from the main ship?

I'm thinking instead of the customary "secondary deflector" on the saucer, make the second deflector a part of the "pod". Equip the pod with impulse engines (which it looks like it has already), a couple of phaser arrays and 2-3 torpedo tubes. While attached, it functions as an augmentation to the weapons array and speed/maneuverability of the mother-ship. When detached, the "pod" would not have warp capability, but be a real threat to larger ships (sort of like a large combat-oriented shuttle/runabou).

EDIT: Additionally, i'm with Starforce on this one. Would be nice seeing a couple of different "pods" for specific purposes. The idea of an assault vessel "pod", would certainly be useful in hostile situations.
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline starship

• Cookies: 6
    • Brasil Starships
« Reply #143 on: November 28, 2011, 12:47:51 PM »
Welcome back DJ!

Hummm... Looks like the pod can flight for itself, like an attached Defiant. Will it be possible? :)

Offline Nexxus21

• Commanding USS Solaris Mk-I Refit
  • Cookies: 4
  • Our Continuing Mission Of Exploration
« Reply #144 on: November 28, 2011, 08:27:16 PM »
Welcome Back! You were truly missed as you can no doubt tell!  I see you've done some modifications to the Swift. Since I've just seen it I'll need time to adjust since I was keen on the original WIP, which I have stared at over and over during your absence. LOL! The pod actually resembles more of a ship/shuttle from my point of view. I like the concept and if it is along the Miranda/Nebula style does that indicate there are to be multiple versions with  different pods such as Weapons / Long Range Sensors / Science and any other pod you can think of ?
If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us...-Adlai E. Stevenson Jr.