Author Topic: New more detailed NX refit class  (Read 7122 times)

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
New more detailed NX refit class
« on: November 09, 2009, 07:39:30 PM »
i was peeking around on BCfiles, and this pops up in the new category...
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/GuitarShip;106573

can we get this guy in here and give him a hand?  this is just TOO cool an idea not to help with!

Note to Jimmy: please move this where it belongs.

(jb76 edit - fixed tags...)
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Re: New more detailed NX refit class
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 07:41:25 PM »
Note to Jimmy: please move this where it belongs.
ill toss it into BC General for now...
if someone picks up the project and begins on modding, then ill move it back to BC Modding :)

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 07:55:30 PM »
I thought it was just a joke ship.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 08:21:59 PM »
every so often, someone puts out something like this, meant purely for the fun aspect...
kinda like the Futurama ship (and others) out there meant only for the fun :)

maybe for this ship, the phaser sfx could be guitar rifts of popular songs or something lol

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 08:36:10 PM »
Master Of Puppets Phaser Array.....  Lol
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 08:37:43 PM »
I've just given this a test run.  the modder tried his absolute best to make it look like actual wood.

this ship is no joke...it's a LETHAL joke...not unlike Dan Hibiki in practiced hands.  this thing is tough, with a high hitpoint rating, incredible manuverability and speed, and killer torpedoes (as fast as my own Votons!).  the only things I see this needing right now is audio files for the torps and Phasers and some minor tactical icon repair...
the history on it says (in broken english) that the class (Metal Class) was created by Admiral Janeway "and dedicated to those who died in WW3".

this thing is set up like a Borg Killer.  it knocked a third off a post dominion war Romulan Ael'Hatham before succumbing.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 08:43:27 PM »
as with every ship and the fun of tweaking hps - they can be as strong or as weak as youd like - im still thinking a cool phaser sfx would be proper lol

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 03:55:39 AM »
as with every ship and the fun of tweaking hps - they can be as strong or as weak as youd like - im still thinking a cool phaser sfx would be proper lol
some BSG guitar tunes would be awesome (all along the watch tower ;) ) and yeah this is really cool mod, I've been talking with Vladko1 (author of this mod) just before he released it to public and I've just invited him to join BCC ;)

Offline Vladko1

• Cookies: 72
  • The trekkie of steel
    • Modders of Steel Shipyards Homepage!
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 04:46:48 AM »
Hello. I am happy to see that many people like my ship. I have registration from a year ago but i havent wrote any comment. I am allowing any person who like to make something on my Guitar Ship.  ;) Soon I will make and GuitarStation. I made the model for the station and soon I will put a guitar on it.  :) At the moment I am uploading the Yorktown class starship.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 07:22:47 AM »
Hej Vlad it's good to finally see you around ;)

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009, 07:33:37 AM »
The Yorktown class is uploaded and approved http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Yorktown_class;106603

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • JL Studios - Co-Founder
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2009, 10:24:13 AM »
One of the early things I created (and in fact posted on FF) was a guitar too :D I never finished it.  I realised when it was about half done that there would be nowhere for weapons :P
MUSE!!!

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2009, 12:27:54 PM »
I think to make an addon. I will add detail phasers, impulse engines, and detail Torpedo tubes. The registries will be names of bands:
USS Anthrax, USS Manowar, USS Judas Priest, USS Running Wild, USS Metallica, USS Sodom, USS Six Feet Under, USS Iron Maiden, USS Black Sabbath, USS Ozzy Osbourne, USS Riot. How do you think? If you are thinking about other register shared with me, and I will add it.
EDIT: Other names of songs:
USS Armed and dangerous, USS Thundersteel, USS Warrior of the world, USS Deathrider, USS Metal Trashing Mad, USS Madhouse, USS The dawn of battle, USS Heart of steel.

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 03:01:36 PM »
i was thinking in these veins last night as well.  mine were "Les Paul", "jimi Hendrix" "Moserite" "axl Rose" "George Harrison", "wyld stalyns" etc...

how about a double necker or a Bass?

if anybody get the Wyld Stalyns gag, your an old fart like me :P
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009, 03:45:22 PM »
I am drawing on rhino 3D and when I creat the polygons they might have backfaces and in BC are like tranpirancy. But.... Last night I found on 3ds max 2010 (which I dont know very much) that can find and fix backfaces. I made GuitarStar(space station) but my friend milenent says that the station is too big for Hardpointing. Soon I will try to draw a model using polygons on Rhino and I will try to repair it on Autodesk.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 05:00:09 PM »
I think to make an addon. I will add detail phasers, impulse engines, and detail Torpedo tubes. The registries will be names of bands:
USS Anthrax, USS Manowar, USS Judas Priest, USS Running Wild, USS Metallica, USS Sodom, USS Six Feet Under, USS Iron Maiden, USS Black Sabbath, USS Ozzy Osbourne, USS Riot. How do you think? If you are thinking about other register shared with me, and I will add it.
EDIT: Other names of songs:
USS Armed and dangerous, USS Thundersteel, USS Warrior of the world, USS Deathrider, USS Metal Trashing Mad, USS Madhouse, USS The dawn of battle, USS Heart of steel.

Awww Anthrax and Black Sabath rulezzz :)

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009, 05:03:54 PM »
Anthrax and Black Sabbath + Manowar + Judas Priest + Running Wild are my favourite bands. Anthrax is in first place. The song "Armed and Dangerous" is the best. Here I draw one of the Scott Ian guitars http://195.149.248.189:8080/2009-11-11/25b9e265af8ba6db3e73920d1c877e44_800x600.jpg It remains me a little bit to finish it. Some smooth to the angles and chords and other things and its ready.

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2009, 07:02:17 PM »
says that the station is too big for Hardpointing.
in what way?    How big is it?   
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2009, 02:47:23 AM »
On model property editor is like combining the textures from the meshes. But when you zoom to the station is like normal.
And here it is and fully finished the guitar. Still I don't know how many bacfaces this guitar has. :funny

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2009, 08:28:35 AM »
On model property editor is like combining the textures from the meshes. But when you zoom to the station is like normal.
And here it is and fully finished the guitar. Still I don't know how many bacfaces this guitar has. :funny
I don't know much about 3Ding, I Hardpoint ships and get to test some amazing items, but you might want to check what is called 'node hierarchy', I do know if that is not right the ship will Not appear right in MPE, but it may appear right in-game, however if it is Not right in Mpe [he was correct, impossible to HP through MPE]
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?