Author Topic: Removing Stargate Shield Mod?  (Read 802 times)

Offline teleguy

• Cookies: 53
Removing Stargate Shield Mod?
« on: August 24, 2009, 11:18:18 AM »
I remember that I installed a Stargate mod some time ago that included a file that changed the behavior of the shields to be more Stargate like i.e. only a small part of the shields lights up.
Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the mod much less what the file was called.

Does anyone know which mod that could be?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Removing Stargate Shield Mod?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 11:37:16 AM »
It will probably be a texture that came with it, I don't suppose the mod came with a way to uninstall it (does the readme mention it)?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline teleguy

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 02:57:16 PM »
As I said I'm not exactly sure which mod it was. It might have been one of the Stargate Ship Packs. The readmes of the first 2 packs don't mention anything but the third says that "The Stargate-style shield effect texture is also included again". However I'm not able to find this texture in any pack.
I already replaced data\Textures\Tactical\shieldhit01.TGA through shieldhit04.TGA with the files from the stock game but it had no effect.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 03:07:24 PM »
The shield texture is in the data folder. It's called "sphere.tga".
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline teleguy

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 03:13:23 PM »
Could you or anybody else please upload the stock version of that file?

Offline Dalek

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 03:16:19 PM »
Here ya go.

Edit: It helps if i attach it. :P

Just put it in the data folder.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline teleguy

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 03:20:59 PM »
Thanks alot!

Offline teleguy

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 04:08:31 PM »
Here ya go.

Edit: It helps if i attach it. Razz

Just put it in the data folder.

Sorry, it looks like this is the same file I already have. I need the file from the stock game.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 04:13:53 PM »
Oh. I have the stock KM shield. But thats kind of pinpoint like the SG shield.

I do have somewhere a shield pack by c2 with a shield similar to the DS9/VOY shield that covers the whole shield surface. If I can find it I'll upload it.

- Lorien

Offline teleguy

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 10:48:20 AM »
Got the original file.

Thread can be closed.