Author Topic: Eclipse Class RELEASED  (Read 38267 times)

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
Re: Eclipse Class RELEASED
« Reply #720 on: February 26, 2010, 12:50:24 PM »
let me guess, it feeds off from main battery?

if that is true then i'm confused lol...

i thought ablative armour (like on the defiant) was just armour, why would it need power.
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #721 on: February 26, 2010, 01:50:38 PM »
let me guess, it feeds off from main battery?

if that is true then i'm confused lol...

i thought ablative armour (like on the defiant) was just armour, why would it need power.

Ablative armor as on the Defiant wouldn't require power, all it is is a coating that bleeds away weapon fire.  Ablative armor like on Voyager in Endgame, yeah, that would require power. ;)

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Psyco Diver

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #722 on: February 26, 2010, 03:19:21 PM »
I thought it was like the polorized hull plating like in ENT? I remember them saying the armor failing in precentages like when the Defiant was hit with the Breen weapon, so I would think it takes energy to enable it?

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Cookies: 5
  • Bail Out!
« Reply #723 on: February 26, 2010, 04:14:35 PM »
No, ablative armour is a thick skin of uh... armour...

The % is probably overall for the section of the ship mentioned, ala "Ventral ablative armour is at 50%" meaning that either only 50% of the bottom armour is left, OR it's at 50% thickness.

If Starfleet perfected nanobot tech then they could work together AS (or to move) the armour to make it a level thickness accross the board. And nanobots make their own energy in Trek.
Did you know I'm on Twitter?