Author Topic: Problem with DJ's Galaxy Class  (Read 1525 times)

Offline dEjavU

• Cookies: 3
Problem with DJ's Galaxy Class
« on: January 05, 2009, 07:54:30 PM »
I was just wondering if anyone else has encountered this glitch before with DJ's galaxy class ship. Everytime I enitiate the multi vector assault mode the game no longer switches to cinimatic movie mode, and further more whenever I seperate the ship, what ever part I don't take command off just sits there....

..it won't engage the enemy  :(. Please can someone help me out here?

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: Problem with DJ's Galaxy Class
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 08:04:51 PM »
Sounds like an MVAM plugin error. Console report?

Offline dEjavU

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 08:45:53 PM »
Yeah my Prometheus class is doing the same thing now too, heres the console report on it......

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 08:56:54 PM »
Please upload DJGalaxyMVAM.py from scripts\Custom\Autoload\Mvam

Offline dEjavU

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 09:19:12 PM »
ah now why didn't I see that, here you go....

Offline dEjavU

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 10:43:07 PM »
I tried to recall what mods I installed before this started happening. I added several bridge mods, most of which come with auto installers and like one or two without. I also had to re install a partial installment of BCSMC's foundation because the bridge plug-in menu scroller was not working, that's pretty much it. This is how I have my installment set up before the bridge mods(in which the MVAM was still working perfectly)....

1. BC

2. BC 1.1 Patch

3. Foundation

4. QBAutostart 0.9

5. Nano FX2 Beta

6. Submenu v3.7

7. FTech

8. Shuttle Launching Framework

9. MVAM Infinite

10. BCS: The Begining

..I hope this will help shed some light on why this is happening, can anyone please help me out here?

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 10:48:27 PM »
oh, man I haven't seen that error in a long time, as I recall, that means that MVAM was not installed correctly.

Offline dEjavU

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 10:58:46 PM »
Hhmmmm....well I had to do a partial re-installment of the foundation(due to scroller not responding), makes sense that the MVAM mod could also be glitching. Reinstalling MVAM infinity now......

Offline dEjavU

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 11:56:25 PM »
.... :?..I over-wrote the files in the scripts, data, and sfx folders with new files from my MVAM Infinity zip folder and yet still the same result. Besides, the thought just accured to me that my MVAM was already working good to begin with.

Offline NeoKaede

• Cookies: 4
  • We're watching you... scum.
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 04:58:33 AM »
I think I had the same error last time I reinstalled BC: the separation cinematic didn't play, music stayed always the same track (console reported some problems with loaddynamicmusic.py, just like in this case) and Starbase12 was gone.

I couldn't find the cause, but the error happened when I installed the version of Foundation included with BCUT, which adds a lot of third-party scripts too. Did you do the same?

Offline dEjavU

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 02:17:46 PM »
I don't use BCUT anymore but now that you mentioned it, I did began noticing this glitch happening around the same time after I had to re-install a partial installment of the BCSMC's Foundation to fix that error I had with the bridge menu plug-in scroller not responding.

Oh man, what should I do....anyone?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 02:26:23 PM »
Reinstalling MVAM should fix this.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline dEjavU

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 10:18:14 PM »
Tried that Mleo and I too believed that it should fix it but it didn't. Even with my past BC glitches, the solutions that should fix the problem don't take effect. Don't know what's going with this PC, it could be the low memory(I don't know). I'm ganna re-install the game from scratch. Thanks allot anyways you guys..for the inputs, I really appreciate it.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 11:07:06 PM »
I would suggest reinstalling using KM 1.0 as a base. It contains most popular mods, and they all work well together.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 02:57:03 PM »
And if you are on Vista installing to C:\Games\
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline dEjavU

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 03:09:31 PM »
Awesome! Thanks allot fella's.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 06:28:40 PM »
So, does it work?

Offline dEjavU

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2009, 10:59:48 PM »
As much as I appreciate the Kobayashi Maru suggestion, the only reason why I don't use it as much is because of the ship hardpoint files(the settings are just simply too extreme for my taste)and no sorry but I don't have windows vista.

Well MLeo quite simply I did what I mentioned on my other post and just re-installed everything from scratch but this time with the explicit intent of not re installing a partial installment of the BCSMC's Foundations....

1. BC

2. BC 1.1 Patch

3. Foundation

4. QBAutostart 0.9

5. Nano FX2 Beta

6. Submenu v3.7

7. FTech

8. Shuttle Launching Framework

9. MVAM Infinite

10. BCS: The Begining

......after installation I then again noticed that annoying glitch with the bridge menu scroller not functioning so I again installed DJ Cube's menu scroller mod to see if this time that would work. I ran the game and noticed this time DJ Cube's menu scroller plugin appeared in the main menu selections, which it didn't do in the past, and so(as any noob would do)I clicked on it to activate it and went to quick battles, still no luck with the bridge menu scroller(allot of the bridges I installed is still not showing). I emediately exited the game and for some reason, a thought accured to me to de-click(deactivate)DJ Cube's scroller plugin in the main menu and so I went to quick battles again to see if that would work and surely enough it did(the scroller is now working). Played a quick game and used DJ Curtis' Galaxy and tried the seperation..work's like a charm, so all is well and now I'm quite convinced that having to reinstall that partial installment of BCSMC's Foundation was the cause of that MVAM glitch so a million thanks to NeoKaede too yah for the suggestion.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 02:34:30 AM »
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but there's nothing wrong with BCUT, everyone else who uses it does not have this problem, most likely, the error was caused because you only partially installed foundation and BCSMC, or that something else you had installed interfered with it, I would guess that when you reinstalled to correct your issue, you somehow managed to install the mods in an order such that none of them interfered with MVAM.

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2009, 01:37:30 PM »
The foundations installer in BCUT does allow you to install the bare bones foundation (basic variant) which is the same as the one which you used to get with BCMP/BCMI.

The foundation which which is installed as a standard is the same as the one in KM 1.0.

You could have learned about that if you actually reviewed the documentation and payed more attention what the screen says ;)
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign