Author Topic: Crash Problem (Not black screen)  (Read 1276 times)

Offline FourChan

• Admiral Noel Vermillion
  • Cookies: 4
  • Starfleet Technologies Development Center
    • Twitter Four Channel
Crash Problem (Not black screen)
« on: September 07, 2008, 08:59:09 PM »
Okay, I done a modification on a ship. installed it on my BC and now it crashes. Though everytime I load QB, it shows the bridge, viewscreen and two officers up front, heads are untextured and then it crashes to desktop. Now this is the error report

>> This is a console tracker dump       by USS Frontier
##############
>> This dump started on -> Sun Sep 07 20:51:12 2008
##############
#----------------------------------------------------------------------->>> Sun Sep 07 20:51:12 2008
####
Outdated Foundation, updating functions
Outdated Foundation, installing FolderManager
Updating FoundationMenu.ShipMenuBuilderDef
Updating FoundationMenu.ShipMenuBuilderDef V2
Repairing ship description outputs...
Tracking Console
Foundation Tech loaded
Gravity FX has been loaded.
BridgeFX Enabled...
CameraFX Enabled...
ExplosionFX Enabled...
SpecialFX Enabled...
WarpFX Enabled...
Stargate Hyperdrive Drive Initializing...
Slipstream Drive 20070905 Initializing...
DS9FX Initializing...
####

####
Fixing Jaggies
####

####
['lActiveMutators = [', '\011"""Sneaker98\'s MVAM Infinite""",', '\011"""NanoFX v2.0 BETA""",', '\011"""AI auto Warping""",', '\011"""Per Bridge Loading screen""",', '\011"""Sneaker98\'s Bridge Menu Scroller""",', '\011"""Thrusters""",', '\011"""Engine Smoke (SG1)""",', '\011"""Construct Mod""",', '\011"""Stock Systems""",', '\011"""Advanced Power control""",', '\011"""QBautostart Extension V0.9""",', '\011"""Skinning And Damaging Tool""",', '\011"""Allow Surrender""",', '\011"""USS Frontier\'s GravityFX""",', '\011"""StarfleetOperations-Cardassia""",', '\011"""BCS:TB: Tractor Beam Settings""",', '\011"""Slipstream Drive 20070905""",', '\011"""Stargate Hyperdrive""",', '\011"""MLeoDaalder\'s Detail/Nit Fix""",', '\011"""Self Manh""",', '\011"""CJMP System Maps in Quick Battle""",', '\011"""Console Tracker""",', '\011"""ZMSystemPack""",', '\011"""Sol""",', '\011"""BCS:TB: Targetable Plasma Streams""",', '\011"""BCS:TB: Transport Tribbles""",', '\011"""Planet Classification Script""",', '\011"""BCS:TB: Intensive Scan""",', '\011"""BCS:TB: Advanced Core Options""",', '\011"""Extra Ships and Mods""",', '\011"""BCS:TB: Torpedo Yield""",', '\011"""Stock Ships""",', '\011"""Voyager Crew and Uniforms""",', '\011"""BCS:TB: Silent Running""",', '\011"""Alternate Nemesis Music""",', '\011"""AI Shuttle Launching""",', '\011"""BCS:TB: WalkFX""",', '\011"""BCS:TB: Transport Torpedoes""",', '\011"""Nemesis Collisions""",', '\011"""BCS:TB: Boost Shields""",', '\011"""AI Abandon Ship""",', '\011"""DS9FX v3.0""",', '\011"""BanzaiZAP SystemPack""",', '\011"""Foundation Technologies""",', '\011"""Advanced Technologies 1""",', '\011"""Auto switch Bridge""",', '\011"""Blind Firing""",', '\011"""Wolf 359 Advanced""",', '\011"""New Technology System""",', '\011"""BCS:TB: Emergency Repair""",', '\011"""BCS:TB: Assimilation Beam""",', ']']
####

#----------------------------------------------------------------------->>> Sun Sep 07 20:53:20 2008
####
AttributeError: PreLoadAssets
####

I have no idea what I done wrong and for the last two days me and Kirk have been trying to figure it out.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Crash Problem (Not black screen)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 06:50:42 AM »
When the heads are blank (or the bodies, or the head missing, etc, etc) it means that something is wrong with the uniform. Deactivate all uniform mutators and see if that helps. You must _never_ have more than 1 uniform mutator activate at the time, the only exceptions are when you are dealing with purposefully engineerd addons.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline FourChan

• Twitter Four Channel
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 02:43:34 PM »
It works good when the uniform mods aren't active, but I can't turn any uniform mods on now ugh lol.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 03:03:18 PM »
You are sure you are only turning on a single uniform?

Can you give me an example (with link to BCFiles)?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 03:13:43 PM »
Some of the mutators were made by me using yours as an example.

Offline FourChan

• Twitter Four Channel
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 03:15:29 PM »
Well, originally I had the Uniform mod pack 1 with all the requirements. Then after I made the updated ship something went wrong and then the characters on the bridge appeared with no textures on their heads and the game crashed. Now I turn off all the uniform mods and everything and it works perfectly. I dunno if it's the uniform mods or what but, it's driving me crazy. I replaced all the uniform downloads and models, still doesn't work. I was thinking I might have to redownload KM, delete the entire uniform models, uniform textures and everything and reinstall them that way.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 03:19:39 PM »
Reinstallation of the uniform pack(s) ought to solve the problem. Tough I find it strange that a change to a ship did this.
This type of problem is usually caused by missing files.

Offline FourChan

• Twitter Four Channel
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 03:55:56 PM »
Kirk, when you get on and read this, could you email me the original models/textures and etc for the characters to see if that helps. Thanks.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 03:59:23 PM »
Sure, but I made some changes so that the original files didn't overwrite anything.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 04:46:38 PM »
... but I made some changes so that the original files didn't overwrite anything.
Now that could mess things up if you didn't change other things. But this si actually the prefered way of doing things, nobody likes to suddenly see some other mod they installed (accidently) overwritten. And it's the entire point of uniforms mods!

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 04:51:45 PM »
I have all of the mods in my install and they worked fine. I may have forgotten to extract something, but I doubt it.