Author Topic: Warp FX / Galaxy Charts Problem  (Read 1279 times)

Marcelihno

Warp FX / Galaxy Charts Problem
« on: June 17, 2008, 02:32:06 PM »
Hello.
I have a little problem with the warp fx / galaxy chart ...
Everytime when i try to warp, the debug console shows up and i have to write "resume",
to "warp" to another system, if i dont do this, BC crash. -.-

Screenshot:
(click)

My System...
BC 1.1 + KM 1.0, Intel P4 HT 3,65 GHZ, 4 GB DDR2, ATI X1600Pro 256mb

... Any help would be great!

Thanks.

and sorry for my bad school english. :(

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Warp FX / Galaxy Charts Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 02:39:17 PM »
I've notified the author (or I will after this post).
It's entirely possible this is part of the fixes he has made.

I assume that the "if I don't do this, BC will crash" part means that when you type "abort" or close the window? That's just doing the same as closing a window, but the debug window is BC, so it exits BC.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Marcelihno

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 02:43:31 PM »
Yes, it means it... If i type abort, or just close the window, the entire game exits BC.

... I dont know how it could happend, i just add the NCC-1701-A retexture today.

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 02:45:16 PM »
It isn't only your problem, so don't worry. I have had the same problem for months now, but have been able to ignore it.

Marcelihno

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 02:49:29 PM »
I fixed the problem by myself - i just put the "marines.py and marines.pyc" out of BC-Folder.
... Yeah - Thats just a fix for the moment, any other ideas are still welcome..

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 03:28:06 PM »
You mean you disabled a mod. :P
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline USS Frontier

• Cookies: 562
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 09:00:52 PM »
That is a problem of compatibility between the marines.py and GC. Since I couldn't recreate exactly 100% one of the BC events related to warping (START_WARP I think it was), the event grabbed didn't had some attributes that it normally had. Not a big deal since you can still "call" GC to have those, and more, attributes about the travel.
But since that script came before, it isn't really a problem with it.

That problem only starts being annoying when you are running in windowed mode lol, or else it can be ignored. And guess what? You are the third person to say you had problems with it lol :P

Anyway, check this topic at the GC Tech Support Forum:  http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?topic=1360.0
I already adressed this issue there.
"Revenge is a dish best served cold"
                    -Old Klingon Proverb
GravityFX Download
Galaxy Charts Download

Marcelihno

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 07:18:55 AM »
Yes it is a little bit annoying, because i can't something else as type resume or close the entire thing -.-,
so it can't be ignored. ... I've removed the marines py. and pyc. for the first out of Custom/QBAutostart folder -

...Is there anyway to deactivate the debug console? So, that i don't informed if there is a bug, and the game goes
forward untils it crash of a heavy bug?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 10:12:01 AM »
Only by not using -TestMode (which you do want to have on) and not being in Windowed Mode, but neither are a guarantee that it won't pop up.