Author Topic: BC KM 1.0 With Galaxy Charts  (Read 1681 times)

Offline Vanguard

• Cookies: 5
BC KM 1.0 With Galaxy Charts
« on: May 30, 2008, 09:13:53 PM »
Hey there

So i've had BC for a while now, and i downloaded KM 1.0 the day it was released ( =P ) however today i finally got around to installing the mod known as 'Galaxy Charts'

Of course the mod is shiny and new and overall extremely good, however for the sakes of my time.etc and for my screenshots (the text in the upper left hand corner =S )i wish to disable it to enable me to warp to other systems faster.etc and so the screenshots don't have the text ofc

So in the mutators menu, i deactivated USSFrontiers Galaxy Charts, i start up quick battle, and i set up warp to go to another system, the ship jumps to warp, i get the mini cinematic saying enroute to system <blablbal> then my game promtly crashes,

Is there any fix for this? Or at least a way to get rid of the text in the upper left hand corner?

Offline USS Frontier

• Cookies: 562
Re: BC KM 1.0 With Galaxy Charts
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 12:00:16 AM »
Which text in the upper left hand corner?  Can you post a screenie showing it?
If it is what I think it is (about GC), then it's easy to fix.
"Revenge is a dish best served cold"
                    -Old Klingon Proverb
GravityFX Download
Galaxy Charts Download

Offline Vanguard

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 04:34:08 AM »
Its all the system information and warp speed.etc

intrepid90

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 07:19:06 AM »
I have that problem with crashing to desktop as well when Galaxy Charts is deactivated.
I suppose it has overwritten a needed warpfile or sth like tjat

Offline USS Frontier

• Cookies: 562
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 08:00:41 PM »
Holy crap Vanguard that's a nice pic :P  You sould totaly send that to PotD (perhaps without the text in the upper-left corner =P)

Anyway that is a known problem in GC and has already been fixed in the upcoming patch.  (and I managed to post the exact same thing I posted on another thread around here... wow)
For the moment while the patch isn't released yet, when the game loads, go to the Helm or Science menus and open the Stellar Cartography GUI, move around it a little and close.   If you do that prior to any warping than the text won't appear there (and you just need to open the Stellar Cartography once, to create it).

About that crashing problem I can't say much about it, but most likely isn't GC since the only file it overwrites is the CWS2 scripts, and as I remember, they didn't had any problems...
"Revenge is a dish best served cold"
                    -Old Klingon Proverb
GravityFX Download
Galaxy Charts Download

Offline Vanguard

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 07:45:45 AM »
Thanks for all the information on a fix and nice comment  :D I'll go try it now, but in the mean time *cookie*