Author Topic: DJ Galaxy Class Pack -- Now Available @ BCFiles  (Read 26016 times)

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
Re: DJ Galaxy Class Pack 99% complete
« Reply #320 on: December 24, 2008, 06:39:20 PM »
that problems was fixed.  no more warp drive on the saucer section.

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • I make ships.
« Reply #321 on: December 26, 2008, 08:32:34 PM »
Yes, the problem is in the carrier script.

I removed the carrier scripts and voila!  Everything works again, except of course, for the shuttle launching on the galaxy class ships.  Any idea what's wrong with the script?  I've posted one.

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #322 on: December 26, 2008, 09:03:57 PM »
At the very top of the script, change Dauntless.py to DJChallenger.py

I could be wrong as I have little experience with carrier files. But comparing yours to others in my BC folder that work correctly, the only difference I see with yours is the top line.

Like I said, I could be wrong but it doesnt hurt to try it DJ. Worst case scenerio: BSOD caused by the same file.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • I make ships.
« Reply #323 on: December 26, 2008, 09:05:25 PM »
it's preceded by a # symbol.  It shouldn't make any difference.  Good thought tho.

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • I make ships.
« Reply #324 on: December 26, 2008, 09:16:20 PM »
that's what i used.  Actually, I figured out the problem.  Turns out it was the DJEnterpriseSeason1.py carrier file.  There was a misnamed line that for some reason that i don't understand, was messing up a whole ton of KM technologies.  Oh well, problem solved.  Thanks for the help! :)

*edit*

I have contacted beta-testers and they will be receiving the complete beta tomorrow morning.  Hoping for a January 1st release.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #325 on: December 27, 2008, 06:15:37 AM »
Yeah, the "one faulty script" that "blows up" the entire bunch is a known problem in plugin loading scripts (even Foundation, where you get a BSOD). Hopefully (ok, I know it will) BC:Core (one of those eternal mods of mine) will solve that by just reporting the error.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #326 on: January 03, 2009, 09:19:43 AM »
I've just noticed something...

I looked at an ingame pic of the Pegasus (in this thread) and another post stating the construction dates of the included Galaxies. For a ship being built in 2399, NCC-78*** (can't remember it), that registry is rather low, as if it was built in the early 2380's. Any particular reason for the reg being so low...?
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • I make ships.
« Reply #327 on: January 03, 2009, 05:08:07 PM »

I looked at an ingame pic of the Pegasus (in this thread) and another post stating the construction dates of the included Galaxies. For a ship being built in 2399, NCC-78*** (can't remember it), that registry is rather low, as if it was built in the early 2380's. Any particular reason for the reg being so low...?

The Pegasus is a refit.  In the ship description it explains a bit about the ship's history.

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • I make ships.
« Reply #328 on: January 03, 2009, 05:08:33 PM »
This pack will be released tomorrow.

LS Marie

Re: DJ Galaxy Class Pack -- Release on Sunday Jan. 4th
« Reply #329 on: January 03, 2009, 07:57:52 PM »
Thank goodness.  He's been modding so much he kept mumbling "No, no, no more textures" in his sleep.   :?

Offline Bigkap

• Cookies: 5
« Reply #330 on: January 03, 2009, 08:39:53 PM »
Excellent news (apart from DJ's nocturnal mumblings).

Offtopic but I wanted to congradulate you DJ on a well deserved award for 2008's best fan created model! Looking forward to 09'!

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #331 on: January 03, 2009, 09:45:17 PM »
Fascinating.  I haven't had that kind of experience with my writing hobby.  Maybe it's because I'm nowhere near as prolific. :P

Excellent news DJ, can't wait.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #332 on: January 04, 2009, 08:49:05 AM »

The Pegasus is a refit.  In the ship description it explains a bit about the ship's history.

Jolly good. I'm looking forward to seeing all these Galaxies!
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Dalek

« Reply #333 on: January 04, 2009, 12:14:29 PM »
No-one knows! Just live with Sunday. Which is today. Oooh, I can be thick sometimes...it's meant to come out today!

- Lorien

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • I make ships.
« Reply #334 on: January 04, 2009, 12:57:59 PM »
Currently being uploaded to BCFiles.

edit: uploaded to BCFiles and waiting to be posted.

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • I make ships.
Re: DJ Galaxy Class Pack -- Now Available @ BCFiles
« Reply #335 on: January 04, 2009, 02:29:20 PM »
Now available here.

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/DJ_Galaxy_Pack;96920

Thanks to everyone for your support during this very large project.