Author Topic: BC INSTALL HELP  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Phoenix Bondi

• REMEMBER YOUR ORIGIN
  • Cookies: 575
  • Never Forget Your Origins
    • CHRIS JONES GAMING
BC INSTALL HELP
« on: April 04, 2008, 05:25:56 AM »
ok people, i have not played Bridge commander in a very long time, and when i have attempted to install it, the game is a bit laggy, now i know my pc can handle anything i throw at it, but i've been told it's what im installing into it, now i would be really really greatfull if someone would give me a install list, of things i need and must have in order of install too if its not to much to ask, lol, i miss some of the Big battles i use to have and well, wanna see how well bc is doing these days as ive been addited to legacy for the last year and a bit

hope u guys can help, all the best and thanks

Phoenix

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: BC INSTALL HELP
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 07:21:08 AM »
I need to know a couple of things more, what do you mean exactly with "what I am installing it into"? You mean, a specific directory (like on Vista), or an external drive? A USB Pen drive?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Phoenix Bondi

• REMEMBER YOUR ORIGIN
    • CHRIS JONES GAMING
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 05:00:16 PM »
im installing it on windows xp service pack 3, i mean what installing it in order MOD wise, as i really wanna enjoy my bc again lol thanks

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 05:31:28 PM »
Ah, now I see, into BC (you didn't mention what into you wanted to install, if you had said into it, then it would have been fine, but you left that important part out :P).

It's more or less what you define with "laggy".
I still doubt it that a 40 vs 40 battle of high poly ships is going to work, even on a machine that can run Crysis on supermax.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Phoenix Bondi

• REMEMBER YOUR ORIGIN
    • CHRIS JONES GAMING
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 06:38:46 PM »
well even one on one ships where laggy, i was told i didnt have the right mods installed in order and stuff and it coursed some curruptions, so what i would like is an install order for mods i really should have to really enjoy bc once more

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 06:55:03 PM »
Interresting, the entire point of Moores Law, was that "if you need performance, wait".

Considering you told us that your computer can handle anything you can throw at it, then why can't it handle some old ship?

What mod are you testing?
It isn't CGSovereign 1.0 + Really Ultra High Textures, is it?

As for order, v1.1 Patch, Foundation, and then things get a bit messy, since order doesn't matter that much.
I'd say (if you don't opt for KM1.0), NanoFXv2 Beta, Unified Main Menu, BP Core, Foundation Technologies (read the comments, specificly look for one of mine), and then whatever ship you want to use.

Offline Phoenix Bondi

• REMEMBER YOUR ORIGIN
    • CHRIS JONES GAMING
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 06:57:08 PM »
so where do all the ablative armour and shuttle launch, plus mvam come in?

oh plus all them new galaxy charts ect??

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 07:02:21 PM »
What type of Ablative Armour "normal" or End Game? The first is in FoundationTechnologies, second, can't remember.

Shuttle Launch is a seperate mod, and so is MVAM, and so is Galaxy Charts, make sure you check the various threads in the tech support forum after you install that.

Offline Phoenix Bondi

• REMEMBER YOUR ORIGIN
    • CHRIS JONES GAMING
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 07:09:07 PM »
so is it a possibility to have a list of everything i need?

sorry if im getting on peoples nevers now lol

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 06:07:05 AM »
There should be a list stickied at the top of the Download forum.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 07:41:22 AM »
so is it a possibility to have a list of everything i need?

sorry if im getting on peoples nevers now lol
Well, the problem is, you can mix and match anything you like! There isn't one "way to do it and no other".

There is a list in the Downloads forum, but I believe KM has most of that in it (if not all).