Author Topic: Instability in Single Player  (Read 4802 times)

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Instability in Single Player
« on: March 17, 2008, 07:45:40 PM »
I have recently tried to improve my single player experience with various mods that I thought would not disrupt the single player mode in BC. I have so far installed: BP Core Gold, UMM, and the improvements for the Sovereign and Galaxy bridges by 3rd Era. Now, however, my game CTD's as soon as Saffi and Picard exit the turbolift. I have been unable to diagnose a problem and what is most baffling to me in the lack of material in the error report. Any help is appreciated. :)

-kirk2164

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Instability in Single Player
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 02:03:47 PM »
The console doesn't mention anything.

Deactivate the Canon Crew Fixes.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 07:57:53 PM »
I don't have CCF. I never really liked it.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 06:35:58 PM »
What other galaxy bridge mods have you installed?

Remember, any real change to the bridge not textures or BP Model addons (overlays) cause the singleplayer to fail.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 09:58:32 AM »
Just the Late TNG Bridge by 3rd Era.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 02:12:53 PM »
That shouldn't matter.

Anything else bridge related?

Also, be sure to check if the CCF didn't come with an other install of BPCore.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 10:49:51 AM »
I checked my scripts folder for anything relating to CCF and found nothing. Here is my mutator menu and some other errors that pop up in QB.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 11:14:42 AM »
Have you tried disabling plugins or even BPCore entirely?

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 11:33:13 AM »
Yes, and every time as soon as Admiral Lou finishes talking the game CTDs. If I enable debug mode for BPCore, where will the report files go?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 11:40:28 AM »
Activating Debug mode in BPCore will actually throw exceptions on errors instead of catching them.

What uniforms/charactesr have you changed?
Because if I remember correctly, that's the moment Saffi and Picard get on the bridge.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 12:02:37 PM »
I have not altered any of the characters or models. All are the original stock, and you are correct that is when Saffi and Picard enter.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008, 12:07:15 PM »
Could you attach scripts/Bridge/dbridgeproperties.py and scripts/Bridge/GalaxyBridge.py?

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 11:54:16 PM »
Here you are MLeo. There is no .py for dbridgeproperties. Sorry I took so long. :)

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 10:05:32 AM »
There is one change, so that could be it.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 10:02:15 PM »
Thanks a million MLeo, that worked like a charm. What did you do? Anyways, enjoy this cookie.

Update: Now the game CTDs after it tries to save the game. Here is the error report.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 02:18:18 PM »
Now that is a tricky one. I know it's from the savegame part of the code, but I'm unsure how to fix it (for now anyway). Defiant tracked this kind of stuff down a while ago.

What type of mods have you installed?

But it isn't a crash to desktop, if you were to type resume and press enter then it ought to continue.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2008, 10:50:06 PM »
When I type resume, BC CTDs. Is there a way to disable game saving altogether? It isn;t really important since I will just be using TestMode to acess the levels where I left off. As for my mods,
I have so far installed: BP Core Gold, UMM, and the improvements for the Sovereign and Galaxy bridges by 3rd Era.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2008, 10:16:22 AM »
Install this file to scripts/Custom/Autoload, I can't guarantee it though. :(

To uninstall simply delete the file.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2008, 01:33:37 AM »
Excellent, the fix worked.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2008, 05:09:38 PM »
Alright, new problem, but within the realm of SP instability. I installed NFX2b and its fixes, as well as some of SNS' Galaxys. I then tried to edit the mission files to call his ships rather than the same galaxy (USS Galaxy reg.) Now my game CTDs at the start of the game, before the bridge set loads. Here is E1M1. :( Also, SNS included the SDT as well as SubMenu with his mod, and I installed those as well.