Author Topic: KM constitution and excelcior troubles  (Read 1222 times)

PhaserFox

KM constitution and excelcior troubles
« on: November 28, 2007, 01:21:05 PM »
in-game, if i click on either ship in the add menu, it will load every other ship i select but those two. i edited their phaser type, color and sound, but that was all. when i replaced their hardpoints with old ones, they still fail to load. the refit excelcior i also edited, but i didnt get any problems with it.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: KM constitution and excelcior troubles
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 01:25:24 PM »
Anything in the console? [EDIT] After you tried to add either of those ships? [/EDIT]

Also, have you tried the KM forums?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

PhaserFox

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 01:31:47 PM »
i didnt look at the console, i'll go look in a few. and i didnt know there was a km forum.

PhaserFox

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 01:42:57 PM »
ok, i have absolutely no idea what the console's saying. something about a return error or something. idk, i dont even know how to run it

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 01:48:42 PM »
Anything with DirectX?
Delete options.cfg and try again, you will have to reset most of the options in BC.
If that doesn't work, reboot your computer.

Or aren't you experiencing problems starting BC?

If you have a console view, then attach a report (screenshot) of it.
Check the How to beat the Black Screen of Death sticky at the top on how to create a console report.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

PhaserFox

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 02:02:01 PM »
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6ugq4g4&s=1 is this what you're asking about? no i'm not having problems starting it up, only with loading those ships.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 02:38:06 PM »
It appears that the hardpoints aren't placed correctly (or don't have the right name).

PhaserFox

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 02:40:08 PM »
yup, figured out that i put the hardpoint files in the ship folder, not the hardpoint folder. thanks.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 02:46:32 PM »
Problem solved.

*Closed*

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2007, 06:13:29 PM »
*Unlocked*

Due to additional problems.

Like I said in the PM, doesn't it load when you go through AddShip, or not in general?

PhaserFox

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2007, 06:24:37 PM »
with the addship menu, when you try to add it it halts the game to load, like it does for every other ship. then continues the game but the ship never warped in. with the quickbattle menu, it begins the loading sequence, and loads everything but the ship. so systems, my bridge, my ship, and any other ships load. if i load as the ship, when its finished loading, i'm on the excelcior bridge, cant move, cant talk to anyone. and there's no enemies or allies, and i cant see outside the ship. the only thing i can do is go to the pause menu. and with the drydock, if i try and build it, nothing happens, the drydock stops building anything at all.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 06:26:41 PM »
Ok, then you might have made a typo in the hp or ship file.
Have you tried loading the hp in MPE?

PhaserFox

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2007, 06:47:50 PM »
it loads the model, although without a texture. the hardpoint file appears blank to the editor. i dont understand why, i never touched anything regarding names, other than phaser audio and textures.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2007, 06:50:50 PM »
The appearing as blank is another issue entirely (for another day, or ask StarForce, he knows how to deal with that).

As for the hardpoint appearing as blank, it appears you made a typo afterall.
To get the cause, go into BC (just the menu is fine).
And type in the following in the console:
Code: [Select]
import ships.Hardpoints.<<HardpointName>>Replace <<HardpointName>> with the hardpoint file name without .py
It will give you an import error with line and position, close BC, fix the line and try again untill it imports without complaining, then try the ship again.

PhaserFox

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2007, 07:03:46 PM »
i got a syntax error, something about line one. but for all i know it didnt like what i asked it to do....

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2007, 07:05:19 PM »
What did you type in?
Or better yet, what filename does your hardpoint have?

PhaserFox

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2007, 07:09:28 PM »
i typed in import ships.Hardpoints.ExcelsiorP81, which is the filename of the ship

PhaserFox

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2007, 07:19:50 PM »
ok, got it. i had to start up bridge commander again. the console was acting up. one of the phaser lines i edited was missing half the name ><