Author Topic: MPE Help  (Read 617 times)

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
MPE Help
« on: July 26, 2009, 04:46:32 AM »
I'll get straight to the point. This is to do with the Dkyr hardpoint replacement that got posted a while ago. The placements of the warp engines dont make any sense at all. So I figured I might aswell change them for myself. I have no idea how to do that.

I'd like either warp top and warp bottom moved to the positions represented by the red rings on the edited screenshots in MSPaint. Or, I'd like to change the warp properties and add 2 more so that they are spaced even around the warp drive ring.

But I have no idea how to do that with the X Y Z axis in MPE. Is there a way to drag the property to the desired position with a pc mouse?

If not then someone should make a noob version of a hardpoint maker so that people that aren't good with X Y or Z axis (I.E. me, lol) would be able to make hardpoints.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
  • JL Studios - Co-Founder
Re: MPE Help
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 04:49:55 AM »
I believe if you click "Get Position" then click where you want it on the model, the XYZ coordinates are automatically generated.
MUSE!!!

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 05:01:48 AM »
I believe if you click "Get Position" then click where you want it on the model, the XYZ coordinates are automatically generated.

I tried that. All it did was clear the property completely and wouldn't generate new X Y Z co-ordinates to represent where I clicked on the model.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 05:32:41 AM »
Trial and error works best. Just keeping inputting numbers in the XYZ co-ordinates till the property is in the place you want it to be. It can take awhile, but it works.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline 1DeadlySAMURAI

• Cookies: 139
  • Do'h
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 07:44:39 AM »

I tried that. All it did was clear the property completely and wouldn't generate new X Y Z co-ordinates to represent where I clicked on the model.

Press L to get the location tool. Then click on the model where you want the warp property.
Then you can use "Get Position".

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 11:45:12 AM »

Press L to get the location tool. Then click on the model where you want the warp property.
Then you can use "Get Position".

That did it.

+cookie

When I try to load a template in order to add a new property, MPE then just crashes. It happens on any template.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 11:58:36 AM »
When you add a new template, make sure "Named Objects" is ticked and that you've highlighted what should now be called "Scene Root". At least thats what Kirk taught me...:P
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien