Author Topic: BCFILES.NET IS AGO!!!  (Read 2662 times)

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Re: BCFILES.NET IS AGO!!!
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2013, 11:07:02 AM »
hey, guys.  I've saved every one of the files I downloaded, including RARS.  too bad my PC is kaput.  my partner keeps telling me "dump it, and buy a new one"...yeah, right.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2013, 11:10:01 AM »
hey, guys.  I've saved every one of the files I downloaded, including RARS.  too bad my PC is kaput.  my partner keeps telling me "dump it, and buy a new one"...yeah, right.

As long as your harddrive is still in working condition, it should be a simple matter of taking it out of the old computer case, and putting it into a new computer (as a secondary harddrive).
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Phoenix Bondi

• REMEMBER YOUR ORIGIN
  • Cookies: 575
  • Never Forget Your Origins
    • CHRIS JONES GAMING
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2013, 11:16:53 AM »
As long as your harddrive is still in working condition, it should be a simple matter of taking it out of the old computer case, and putting it into a new computer (as a secondary harddrive).

:yeahthat:

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2013, 11:59:34 AM »
Would ofcourse require cooperation with the BC-Central admins :)
i can say that it is very unlikely any changes to BCC here would be done...  not by my choice, but the webmasters for this site are so very busy these days to be able to sit down and take on any major projects other than any quick immediate emergency fixes if the site went down or whatever...
also, any changes here on a major scale would be absolutely and only viper's decision, and he is a bit tough to get a hold of these days...

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2013, 01:17:56 PM »
Ahh fair enough. I did some quick research, and found that there are -some- CMS:es out there that supports bridging the CMS with the SMF forum, but haven't found any that are "up to date". Oh well, was worth a try :)
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Phoenix Bondi

• REMEMBER YOUR ORIGIN
    • CHRIS JONES GAMING
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2013, 01:43:34 PM »
ok moving over to try a joomler now after seeing a site my friend built, setting it up on the server tonight, Now we need a name

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2013, 02:37:22 PM »
BC-Mods.net? :)

As far as I can tell, that domain isn't taken (page not found for me). The name also harkens back to the old .bcmod format that was used for every mod in BC. And ironically, was opened by software written in .NET :P
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Phoenix Bondi

• REMEMBER YOUR ORIGIN
    • CHRIS JONES GAMING
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2013, 02:47:43 PM »
Due to construction issues *new way is NEED the name before we go on* i was just going to go bcmods.net is everyone ok with that? ok this is next step i don't get paid till saturday, if some would be willing to donate to the course i would appricate it, if not i'll buy it on saturday http://uk.godaddy.com/domains/searchresults.aspx (the us people just go to godaddy.com and get bcmods.net)

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2013, 02:48:40 PM »
bcmods.net works, but I specifically wrote bc-mods.net in order to sort-of match the current BC-Central :)
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Phoenix Bondi

• REMEMBER YOUR ORIGIN
    • CHRIS JONES GAMING
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2013, 03:02:25 PM »
bcmods.net works, but I specifically wrote bc-mods.net in order to sort-of match the current BC-Central :)

i dont mind either is ok, but we just need to get it asap

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2013, 05:20:33 PM »
agreed on BCMods.net - a backup idea could be BCDownloads.com (or.net) but it is all good...

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2013, 01:22:14 PM »

he meant literally throw everything away and start with a whole new system and hard-drive *rolls eyes*  I've been porting over my old drives that way for years (we've lost two computers to lightning strikes, so I had to).  unfortunately, you can't do that with a laptop.  plus, my last two hard drives are the previous type...PATA, i think (the connectors are diffferent).  we didn't have access to CD-R's or DVD-R's at the time, so I couldn't make file backups, either.  we don't have the spare cash even for adaptor parts atm.

actually, I thought I'd let you know how much I had for when i can get my stuff back.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2013, 02:10:51 PM »
KCS:  You do realize they make external HD Carriers for the old PATA models right?
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric