Author Topic: BC 1.1 - Low energy disruptors  (Read 635 times)

Offline Bat66wat6

• Cookies: 34
  • Running custom BC 1.1
BC 1.1 - Low energy disruptors
« on: September 14, 2011, 01:12:42 PM »
Georgdi states in an episode of TNG that Romulans can control the amount of damage their weapons (disruptors) do.

The Phaser weapons have a toggle facility to switch them between "high power" and "low power" so that you can switch between damaging both the specific sub-system you are targeting and the targets hull or just damaging only the sub-system.

Would it be possible to apply the same functionality to the Disruptor weapon?
Add a variation of the same phaser power toggle switch to ship menus that have disruptors?

For the curious amongst you I would love such a feature because it's impossible to cripple a ship unless you have phasers. Countless simulated federation starships have escaped the slow painful death they deserve because of this.

It is unacceptable.
Great men are not peacemakers! Great men are conquerors!

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
Re: BC 1.1 - Low energy disruptors
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 01:48:27 PM »
Actually there is a script that allows you to control power to each weapon installed on the ship, you can control them from Brex's menu, either you can put each disruptor/phaser down to 10% or even up to 200% of power but that damages weapons instantly because of overload.

...and you can find it here : http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/PowerCurrent;32724 ;)

Offline Bat66wat6

• Running custom BC 1.1
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 02:35:25 PM »
I downloaded the scripts and it isn't what I am looking for. It is far too complex and still doesn't allow me to toggle between "high power" (damage the targeted system & targets hull) and "low power" damage only the targeted sub-system.

JPG diagram attached.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 03:31:00 PM »
try this:
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/;31845

it contains a script called "Pulse Tech" that will allow a ship to toggle between different pulse weapons...  but this will only switch between weapons and wont have anything to do with how they damage ship systems and subsystems...
i would advise you to have a KM-based install of BC which has this script and functions on a few ships (klingon i think) so you get an idea of how it works and how to apply it to other ships...
in fact, in the download of the link i provided, it comes with a script for a Bird Of Prey which youll notice in that script says:
Code: [Select]
def GetPulseModule(pulsenum):
if (pulsenum==1):
return 'Tactical.Projectiles.PulseDisruptor'
if (pulsenum==2):
return 'Tactical.Projectiles.AdvPulseDisruptor'
return 'End'

def GetPulseName(pulsenum):
if (pulsenum==1):
return 'Cannon: Std'
if (pulsenum==2):
return 'Cannon: Adv'
return 'No Name'
which gives you an idea...
thats the closest thing that is available thus far without creating a whole new different kind of script...

Offline Bat66wat6

• Running custom BC 1.1
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 03:40:54 PM »
Thanks Jimmy, I will download and study then report back tommorow.  :)

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 03:58:35 PM »
you may also want to check out this:
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/FTech_Foundation_Technologies_;84343
and this:
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Frontiers_Tech_Pack;101079

with these tech packs, youll likely be able to figure out a way (if it already isnnt included) to have a specific weapon affect a specific ship system...  it might be a very complex thing to do tho and youll need a bit of knowledge to how bc works to create scripts for the result youre seeking...
the second link reqquires the first link, just an FYI...

again, i would recommend a KM-based install of BC which contains all of these scripts (and many more) and have them all working together perfectly...  im not sure if Frontier's Tech Pack is a part of KM, but if it isnt, it can easily be added in...

Offline Defiant

• Cookies: 1105
    • BC: Kobayashi Maru
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 09:27:04 AM »
I think the closest thing is MLDaalder detail fix mod: The weapon slider. Unfortunately the download was on BCU...but its part of KM.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 09:43:03 AM »
Unfortunately the download was on BCU...but its part of KM.

no it still exists here on BCC as an attachment in my *List of Mods* thread.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 09:47:57 AM »
MLDaalder detail fix mod: The weapon slider.
aaaah right - i had forgotten all about that...

Offline Bat66wat6

• Running custom BC 1.1
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 06:26:49 PM »
Sorry guys, I haven't gotten to look at the FTech and Frontiers scripts to see if there is anything of value for the low energy disruptors.

The Primary & Secondary shield problem for Scimitar has distracted, as well as having to fix up the Scorpion class attack flyer.

I will have a look tomorrow though.

EDIT:
16th September

Yeah, the Primary Secondary shield generator problem has consumed me. I am going over the ABCs of Python and trying to learn how I can use it in the game.

I will probably get round to it in the next few days, I haven't forgotten my need to damage sub-systems only with disruptors. Without it how can I cripple that "quaint" vessel Picard flies around in?