Author Topic: Sneaker98 - Where is he? (did i miss something?) - move the topic if you need to  (Read 789 times)

Offline CDR_Daxian

• Captain_Daxian
  • Cookies: 3
  • On a Mac and still playing Bridge Commander.
    • Captain_Daxian Mods
okay, i know that this may make me look like a total noob (or make me look like i'm oblivious to the obvious) but what happened to sneaker98.

the only real reason i'm posting this topic is because i need to contact him if you'll look here.

i know he was only active just three years ago, but for the coreeject and MVAM i need his permission.

does anyone know anything about this

(sorry for my absolute oblivious-ness)

Captain_Daxian
Captain_Daxian
BC Amateur Modder and mass consumer of Coca-Cola

All my mods are destroyed... Time to make new ones!

My Website

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
he hasn't been around here in a very long time, have you tried emailing him at the address he gives in his readmes?

Offline CDR_Daxian

• Captain_Daxian
    • Captain_Daxian Mods
i've tried once about three months ago, and once about 3 days ago.

though i fear he uses a different e-mail now.

IDK for sure though, i do need his permission to use the MVAM and Coreeject in BCGR. (link under my signature)

EDIT:

is his Name Ian Borges?

apparently his e-mail is de-acctivated. i appear to have struck a dead end.
Captain_Daxian

My Website

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
well, you technically only need his permission to include the actual scripts, according to the readme you are free to use the MVAM plugins.

Offline CDR_Daxian

• Captain_Daxian
    • Captain_Daxian Mods
but don't i need the actual scripts to make it work?
Captain_Daxian

My Website

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
yes you do need the core scripts...  the plugin would just be for ships, but they do need the core scripts to function...
as far as contacting Sneaker, all you can do is send him a PM here and/or try to email him from the email listed here, and then just wait...

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
You know Daxian I just thought of something....why not let users know that they need to download Core Eject and MVAM before they can use your mod?  That way they can download it themselves.

I've seen a lot of modders do that!!!

If this is also considered mod theft then shoot me :P
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED

if that were the case Eclipse, than NO ONE would be allowed to use MVAM on any of their ships.
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
True...but let's let Jimmy chime in on this :P
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
why not let users know that they need to download Core Eject and MVAM before they can use your mod
listing requirements for a mod is perfectly ok...  this might be the best approach...

just keep working on the mod, and when it comes time to release, any unsecured permissions of work from modders who hadnt responded for use in the mod can be then listed simply as mod requirements that others have to get on their own...

Offline CDR_Daxian

• Captain_Daxian
    • Captain_Daxian Mods
that's actually a good idea, and i had thought of it once. maybe it's time to think of it again.

but i will have to peform a test:

1. will Coreeject/MVAM be able to be installed after the whole mod is compiled into a BC root directory? (without the game crashing)

2. will they Function Properly with a late Installation, (this being the case that they don't crash BC)

i have discovered that some functions when they're installed over top of larger, more interdependant mods, it either crashes the game, or causes glitches (stupid BC instability... i have the BCStabilizer too, does a lot, but BC is still unstable)

i'll try this idea by backing up my installation when i have some of the large mods installed (EG: GC, GravFX), and one when they are not. i'll try it when those mods are installed and see what turns up.

Thanks guys, you've been a real help.
Captain_Daxian

My Website

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
They would more than likely have to install it before they install BCGR.

And make sure they actually know that (You know how people forget to read the readme's)

Offline CDR_Daxian

• Captain_Daxian
    • Captain_Daxian Mods
They would more than likely have to install it before they install BCGR.

And make sure they actually know that (You know how people forget to read the readme's)

Yeah, made that mistake more than i care to admit.
Captain_Daxian

My Website

Offline Defiant

• Cookies: 1105
    • BC: Kobayashi Maru
i have discovered that some functions when they're installed over top of larger, more interdependant mods, it either crashes the game, or causes glitches (stupid BC instability... i have the BCStabilizer too, does a lot, but BC is still unstable)
Install by their release date order. This is usually the safest way.

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
You know Daxian I just thought of something....why not let users know that they need to download Core Eject and MVAM before they can use your mod?  That way they can download it themselves.

I've seen a lot of modders do that!!!

You're the next Dante Leonhard, you make me laugh now :P

Now get on with Nebula clone killing.

@ Daxian

I would avoid listing mods such as MVAM as requirements, if they're not handled properly they can cause too many errors in the game. On the other hand for example NanoFX is a lot more stable and is safe enough to be listed as a requirement.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
however, neither of these mods are absolutely necessary, in both cases, ships will still function normally without the mod, you just won't be able to eject the warp core or separate the ship's sections, I would list them as recommended if not required.