Author Topic: Macet Hybrid  (Read 2883 times)

Offline Locke

• Cookies: 36
  • Cannot find REALITY.SYS - Universe Halted
Re: Macet Hybrid
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2011, 10:48:51 PM »
Okay, here's a shot of what I'm going for.  The grilles are as detailed as I want them.  The rest of the textures are a little shy of the intended goal.

Offline Locke

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2011, 07:26:22 PM »
Okay, fair amount of change, here.  Don't worry about the colors of the warp grilles or any other glows: I intend on utilizing the glow system described here to go between on and off states.  Which brings me to a question.  If I leave the grilles as are, and then make the "on" texture a bright purple-white, will they glow correctly, or will you be able to see the original texture beneath that?

Offline Locke

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2011, 03:57:54 AM »
Well, I reverted back to the original color scheme because I needed to be adding glows and things constantly, and just couldn't deal with that god-awful rust color on the nacelles anymore. :P

But now I'm stuck.  It seems that I need something else added (possibly several things) but I"m at a complete loss as to what that (or those) might be.  Anything stick out to you guys?  Oh, and I didn't put any insignia on it, but I'm not sure if I should.  After all, this is basically a prototype war machine.  Not really a production design . . .

Offline Nihilus

• Cookies: 14
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2011, 04:43:54 AM »
You could always add a few windows to the top.  Not a lot but enough to give it a little something.  I would also go with the Obsidian Order logo to show that it was a secret prototype.

Offline serverandenforcer

• Frustrated and Strugling Modeler
  • Cookies: 270
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2011, 09:30:14 AM »
This ship looks really epic!  Glad to see that my suggestion for the coloring of the warp engines works out well with the rest of the ship.

Offline Locke

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2011, 01:32:14 PM »
Thanks, server!  Getting this ready for combat is coming along nicely!

Nihilus, I was going to add more windows on top, but I honestly couldn't see where they would fit.  Most of those polys are at weird angles that prevent me from adding a row of windows in most spots.  I think I will add an Obsidian Order emblem, but I would really like to use this one since it seems like it could be a cross between the three races' black ops forces.

Offline Locke

« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2011, 01:02:30 AM »
Well, after nearly two weeks, I think I'm ready to get this sucker in-game!  Of course, I'm still far from getting a beta ready, but it will happen eventually.  Haven't changed much since the last update, but I did end up getting permission to use that emblem I wrote about.  I think it works pretty darn well on this.  I also modeled in some actual grilles for the nacelles.

And I've started a bridge for this one!  I know modding bridges is a painstaking process, but I think I can muster it with a little patience and some trial-and-error.  It's a unique bridge, in that both the engineering section and the bridge itself are a singular room.  The engineering section is the lower floor, and the suspended platform is the actual bridge.  So the engineer can be monitoring the systems personally and still be in constant contact with the bridge crew.  And it's just cool-looking . . . ;)

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2011, 09:28:40 AM »
Is that a Bryliuem Sphere? :funny :funny :funny
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Locke

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2011, 12:45:56 PM »
Is that a Bryliuem Sphere? :funny :funny :funny

Not quite, although the look of it and how it's mounted is based on one! ;) :P

I actually intended that to be an experimental power tech.  It's sort of like a mini-star encapsulated within a set of magnetic constrictors, similar to confinement chambers for antimatter.  I'm sure I've heard of this somewhere before . . . Spider-Man 2?

Anyway, that's just the beginning stages.  The rest will come along soon.  Hopefully, I can incorporate transparencies as on some ships' bussard ramscoops to get a constantly swirling, gaseous-looking sphere that looks more like a star.  Anyone know if that's at all possible on a bridge?

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2011, 02:05:26 PM »
Not quite, although the look of it and how it's mounted is based on one! ;) :P

I actually intended that to be an experimental power tech.  It's sort of like a mini-star encapsulated within a set of magnetic constrictors, similar to confinement chambers for antimatter.  I'm sure I've heard of this somewhere before . . . Spider-Man 2?

Anyway, that's just the beginning stages.  The rest will come along soon.  Hopefully, I can incorporate transparencies as on some ships' bussard ramscoops to get a constantly swirling, gaseous-looking sphere that looks more like a star.  Anyone know if that's at all possible on a bridge?
I was just playing with you, it looks very good.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Locke

« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2011, 09:10:51 PM »
Just thought I would give a little preview of the current way things are shaping up with the Macet bridge.  I'll be working on the hardpoint some time in the next couple of days, but right now I'm having too much fun messing with this.  The first thing you see is the main computer access terminal, followed by the power sphere (not sure about a name for that . . .) and you finally end up looking aft from the actual bridge towards another door to the rear of the compartment.  It's all pretty unconventional, and the rest of the bridge setup is headed that way as well.  Do not expect the normal layout of any other vessel, here.