Author Topic: Need Hardpointing Help (ship Blindspots)  (Read 601 times)

Offline TChapman500

• Cookies: 0
    • Team Chapman Racing
Need Hardpointing Help (ship Blindspots)
« on: January 22, 2011, 10:41:11 AM »
I'm just about ready to start hardpointing my ship and I've looked over the other ships in the Model Property Editor, which is what I'm going to use to create the model, but I'm not so sure on what to do.

http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=8233.0;attach=52694

I want the forward phaser array on the sides of the ship to be able to fire between the top and bottom warp nacelles, but not be able to hit the nacelles or the wings by accident.  Is that possible?  I'm using the model property editor to do the hardpointing and to set the specifications of the ship.  I've looked at some of the stock models to see what they did there, but I don't quite understand the values that define where the blind spots are.  Here's what I found in the stock Sovereign Class vessel.  What do these values mean?  I already know about the color values.

EDIT:
One more thing, is it possible to get the weapons to slice through the shields?  The weapons on this vessel are chroniton-based.

Offline leemason

Re: Need Hardpointing Help (ship Blindspots)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 02:03:09 PM »
The angles horizontal and vertical will determine the arc of the phaser. When using the mpe you will see the start point of the phaser and the window of which it can fire. From there you can change the values in the angles section and see the arc of the phaser.

Offline TChapman500

• Team Chapman Racing
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 08:20:42 PM »
Something that just came up, will I need extra hardpoints or meshes if I use more than one texture?  I did a search on this and I got conflicting results.

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 10:11:44 PM »
depends...are the meshes Identicle? Do the retextures move weapons emitters around? If the answer to either is yes, then yes, you will..

Iven if the meshes are exactly alike, if anything differes in the conversion, scale a little off, different pivot point, pivot a little off center, you'll need to move things.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline TChapman500

• Team Chapman Racing
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 10:24:51 AM »
The ship will most likely contain two materials.  If possible, I would like for it to only have one mesh.