Author Topic: TOS Purist Background Music  (Read 1926 times)

Offline darrincates

• Cookies: 4
TOS Purist Background Music
« on: January 19, 2011, 11:13:00 PM »
Thanks to KM, and all the help from you guys, I am easily adding mods to create as close to complete TOS enviroment as possible.
Added to KM, the MP3 mod is a huge boost towards my objective.  I now have, as seperate playlists, while on the bridge:

Star Trek: The Original Series (soundtracks) Volumes I, II and III (Composers: Gerald Fried, Alexander Courage and Sol Kaplan)

All TOS background episodes music in high quality: http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_The_Original_Series_(soundtracks)

to choose from.  

Thanks to you modders! - Darrin

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Re: TOS Purist Background Music
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 11:14:08 PM »
heh you're welcome.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline darrincates

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 11:27:20 PM »
I'm just now seeing there are more TOS Soutracks I can get ...  my obsessive compulsive disorder requires me to get them all!

this one looks like it's be good for my objective:
Star Trek Sound Effects
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Star_Trek_Sound_Effects_cover.jpg

-edit: I now have every piece of music released that has anything to do with TOS, as well as extened versions, re-released OSTs  for ST I, II and III.

That's 224 full official released soundtracks and another 69 official released sound effects, and another 74 clips from scenes .... there are more tracks on some of these CDs, but I'm only including the TOS relative soundtracks, even some of the more rare and sought after like: 02_Suite_from_The_Corbomite_Maneuver.mp3 and 04 Suite from What are Little Girls Made Of.mp3 ...

I found the big band swing version of the theme very interesting: 06 Theme from Star Trek - Lounge Mix.mp3

next up is to replace all the bridge crew voice clips with relative TOS clip replacements.  ... OCD

it just gets better and better all the time ...

Offline darrincates

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 12:49:48 PM »
It took me a few days to round all those up ..... but anyone can do what I did to get to where I'm at .... most releases are like $9 bucks for a whole CD's worth of mp3z off amazon, and the individual ones are like a buck a piece, even the rare sought after ones.  

I just love knowing that I now have every single original composition recorded and released known to man in regards to TOS plus the added OST's from the first 3 movies ..... (which is all I care about)

Playing the Extended re-release of the TWOK OST while pounding it out with Reliant in the Neb in the TWOK Bridge using the TWOK mod is just awesome.  -

So is coming up on V'ger while playing that extended OST.  

If anyone want's my mp3.py, and some direction, give a shout! ....

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 03:46:37 PM »
damn, I have to get my hands on those expanded scores from ST1,2 and 3  :)

Offline darrincates

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 03:53:58 PM »
damn, I have to get my hands on those expanded scores from ST1,2 and 3  :)
  ... love your AV, I laugh everytime I see it ... I lost it the other day when I first saw it .... Do you listen to the music in game too?

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 04:54:18 PM »
not realy via mp3 function but I've replaced most of KM music with TOS movies music (tho I only have standard OST's)

lol that av is old but I ain't gonna switch it to anything else :D besides I love bananas and sparta jokes :P

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 04:55:35 PM »
lemmie know if you ever find a sound bite of the TOS warp, too. that'd be a nice touch
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 06:12:37 PM »
not realy via mp3 function but I've replaced most of KM music with TOS movies music (tho I only have standard OST's)

Same here  :)   Mostly TMP movies 1,2,3,5 and 6 but also Nemesis (which I think has good score).  It's a good idea to replace KM music as you then get advantage of music changing with ingame action.  But you have to match your new music to the default KM.

Offline darrincates

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 06:56:22 PM »
Same here  :) ...   But you have to match your new music to the default KM.
That's what I like about the MP3 player mod, ... if you see the screenshot07 there,  I can decide on the fly from going TOS battle with correct background score to TWOK battle with correct background score, to V'ger visit with same, with a click upon transition.  BUT, now that I have 224 full official released soundtracks at 1.5 gig, mp3 player gives an mp3.py .ini failure type error on start up, but clicking OK gets past it and the player runs fine, with the exception that it duplicates itself on first play of non default folder so I have two MP3 players in the menu, but they both work fine with all sounds for the entire session.  Maybe replacing default BC files would be better! -D

Offline darrincates

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 08:13:38 PM »
Now I even have the space hippie songs with Spock jamming out + a whole 10 minute audio clip of all the scenes the hippies were in meshed together ....

lemmie know if you ever find a sound bite of the TOS warp, too. that'd be a nice touch

You got it:

TOS Warp Drive OST Release: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QNKKS8/ref=dm_dp_trk14
TOS Warp Drive Malfunctioning OST Release: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QNKMBI/ref=dm_dp_trk57
TOS Warp Drive Acceleration #2 OST Release: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QNMQXA/ref=dm_dp_trk58
TOS Warp Drive Acceleration & Deceleration OST Release: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QNKMDQ/ref=dm_dp_trk59

Could you tell me which files to replace so I hear these instead of default BC warp sounds? - Thanks! - Darrin

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 08:47:31 AM »
it's part of the script for the old NanoFX mod. there's an explanation on how to set a couple scripts up in the Tutorials section so that nano not only plays your custom warp sounds, but uses custom colors for the warp flash and plasma leakage as well.( TOS and JJ grade would be plain white or off white, as they never thought to add a flash of any sort untill TMP)  baz has the part you need figured out, allready, but give it a once over and see if you can make heads or tails of what to put where.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline darrincates

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 01:10:37 PM »
but uses custom colors for the warp flash and plasma leakage as well.
oh yeah! - I see you mentioned that in another post and I thought I should do that! - I'll give a peak tonight while I'm messing with the bridge viewscreen scale ... Thanks! - Darrin

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 08:38:39 PM »
Dude! That lounge mix RULES! I never knew it existed! Thank you.  :yay:

"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline darrincates

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 11:03:48 AM »
Yeah, I like the lounge mix and the Big Band version too! -

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 08:46:09 PM »
Do you have Star Trekkin and Highly Illogical? :funny :funny :funny
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2011, 01:58:46 PM »
I have always loved any and all of the TOS music...

But the one piece I've loved the most and I so wish I could find is the piano waltz from "Requiem For Methuselah". It is a beautiful piece and it reminds me of Rayna... she was stunning and all the more beautiful by the way the actress (Louise Sorrell) played her with such sadness and grace.

Offline darrincates

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2011, 12:36:13 PM »
Do you have Star Trekkin and Highly Illogical? :funny :funny :funny
No!! -and like the Borg, my OCD requires me to obtain them , please send links?

But the one piece I've loved the most and I so wish I could find is the piano waltz from "Requiem For Methuselah".
Do you have a title for it? -I probably have it! - DC

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2011, 06:39:12 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't have a title for the piano waltz piece. If you have the episode, it's the one where Spock plays the piece while Kirk and Rayna dance to it.

Offline darrincates

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2011, 03:36:23 PM »
If you have the episode, it's the one where Spock plays the piece while Kirk and Rayna dance to it.
ok, kewl ... we're watching ALL episodes in order now and alomost done season 1 ... when I see it, I'll rip the sound sample from it for ya! - DC