Author Topic: Z axis?  (Read 1345 times)

Offline darrincates

• Cookies: 4
Z axis?
« on: January 16, 2011, 07:20:58 PM »
I'm very new to BC, but last night I played around in the Nebula with Reliant and was wondering if there was a way to use Z axis alone like in the movie? .. I did a search for z axis and it only produced a post about ST Online ...

Am I missing something right under my nose? ... I searched bridgecommander.filefront.com but maybe not close enough?

Thanks! - Darrin

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Re: Z axis?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 07:41:06 PM »
yeah there is a mod in KM that lets ya move in the z and x axis... you just need to assign keys for it... look in bc's key config menu. ;)
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline darrincates

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 08:06:50 PM »
 .... stop it Nebula, ... your killin' me with how awesome this mod gets better and better every time you help me out .... your like an amazing knowledgebase computer! .... Every time I wonder about any little thing in BC, your on the quick response:

"KM has it ... "  I really appreciate Z AXIS!

it WAS under my nose ... so much to learn ....

KM is like Prego! "It's IN there!": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYJjD7UF-6k

I have the MP3 mod in and now I'm making custom MP3z  .... for Khan battle AND  ... (he-he!) .... the V'ger I just found and installed and Can't Wait To See! ....
Sounds like http://www.mainecustomdesign.com/bc/revenge.mp3  and http://www.mainecustomdesign.com/bc/STMP_Ominous_music.mp3  

- edit:  I'm approaching V'ger with right now and it's awesome ....
Thanks again Nebula, ... TTYL . . Darrin

Offline darrincates

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 06:29:58 PM »
Quote from: JimmyB76
This topic has been moved to BC General.

http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php?topic=8223.0

Thanks for getting my post in the right place Jimmy ... you can just delete this post if you want to .... I didn't realize questions regarding MOD functions belong in the general section.  I'll be sure to post all future questions there from now on. Thanks! - Darrin

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 07:04:52 AM »
nah, we'll leave it up incase anyone else was wondering the same (or to simply inflae neb's ego when it comes to KM) :funny
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 08:10:34 AM »
Thanks for getting my post in the right place Jimmy ... you can just delete this post if you want to .... I didn't realize questions regarding MOD functions belong in the general section.  I'll be sure to post all future questions there from now on. Thanks! - Darrin
thats cool - dont sweat it :)
dont worry about posting a new thread in a "wrong" forum, you dont have to spend time to try and guess...  
if a new thread gets made and one of us think the thread may do better (or seem to fit better) in a different forum, we'll toss it to the better forum for it :)

Offline darrincates

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 01:35:41 PM »
right on, that makes sense .... Neb deserves all he gets! - I'm still seriously blown away at how much fun I am having doing the V'ger and Khan missions .... the lighting, ships, and now thanks to MOP3 player .. all the sound tracks in order  .... I know Neb didn't do all the mods, but he sure helped get it all going a lot quicker .. it just makes sense to have a KM for BC.  Thanks guys . Darrin

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 03:40:59 PM »
I've tried using the Z and X axis in KM, but after a while they stop working.
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline darrincates

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 03:59:32 PM »
I've tried using the Z and X axis in KM, but after a while they stop working.
  - Last night I sat at "Fly By" and by keeping the ship at zero and low speed, I was able to hang on to that one camera view for about 10 minutes while I used thrusters (z / x a lot) to fly the ship around the camera just to get comfortable with the keyboard set up, (and to watch how kewl it looked) and did not encounter any issues. The entire session was over an hour, and I did use Z / X a lot and it never failed ..... now you have me worried I'm gonna lose Z / X ... Nebula just pointed it out to be a few days ago! How long during session before you lose it? - any particular camera view? - D