Author Topic: Century Class USS Enterprise-F  (Read 552 times)

Offline Capt Dino

• Cookies: 0
Century Class USS Enterprise-F
« on: December 23, 2010, 10:04:01 AM »
Hello, I have found a small problem in DJ Curtis's Enterprise-F. When you first activate red alert all the weapons are online but when you deactivate red alert and reactivate red alert again the pulse weapons aren't working when all the others are. I have already sent a PM to DJ Curtis and he doesn't know why it's happening. Can anyone help me with this? I suggest if someone is going to try and help that they download the file and try to re-create the problem for themselves.

Capt Dino

EDIT: I think I might have found a similar problem with his Enterprise-G as well, except it's after you reintegrate the ship after going into MVAM mode, but I'm not exactly sure...
i'm also harrierfan over at the BCS forums

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
Re: Century Class USS Enterprise-F
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 02:33:47 PM »
its because of the way the pulse weapons were set,  the CG soveriegn will do this too.  Because he was trying to mimic a quantum torpedo launcher, the tube has a finite charge and a recharge rate of zero, so the pulse weapon will eventually run out of shots.  Unfortunately, since the tube shuts down when you stand down from red alert, it will not recharge when you activate it again, because it lost whatever charge it had left when you stood down.  The only way to fix this is to change the recharge rate on all the turrets in the hardpoint file.

Offline Capt Dino

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 06:10:54 AM »
What would I need to change the recharge rate to? And can I do it via BCUT?

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 07:11:20 AM »
yes you can edit it either via BCUT or via Model Property editor

Offline Capt Dino

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 07:58:25 AM »
What should I change the recharge rate to? I'm not sure on the best recharge rate for the pulse weapons on DJ Curtis's Enterprise F and G (Century Class and Eclipse Class). I have also found that the phaser sounds for some of his ships don't work as well. How can I fix that as well?

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 05:21:15 PM »
Any rate will do, look at other hardpoints for an idea.  Just keep in mind that the turrets will no longer run out of ammo.

IIRC, the phaser problem can be solved by downloading one of his older ships, I don't remember which one, There's probably another thread on here somewhere about that.