Author Topic: KM mod, Explosion Problem  (Read 755 times)

Offline lexsis

• Cookies: 0
KM mod, Explosion Problem
« on: December 21, 2010, 02:38:57 PM »
Hello everyone

Since a few days I started playing BC again. I also installed the Kobayashi maru mod for some extra stuff :D

But the problem i have is that, everytime my ship explodes I only see the big explosion, not the smaller one's.
After the explosion, I only see 2 large pieces of debris , instead of many smaller pieces of debris.

I already copied the textures from an older version of NanoFX to my KM folder. Not working
I already switched off the button ''Stabilize BC'', that did not worked either.

Even when I disable the mutator for NanoFX. I only hear the default explosions and don't see them , so you wont see any damage to the ship.

I really don't know how to fix this problem. I hope someone can help me fix this problem. I tryed about everything.

I shall also give my system specs

Intel I7 CPU-870 2.93 MHz
2GBB DDR3
Nvidia geforce 210 (Personally a great card BTW)
500GB HDD

BTW: Sorry for my horrible English.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
Re: KM mod, Explosion Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 03:44:44 PM »
the KM mod includes another modpack called NanoFX2Beta, this changes the way BC handles some effects, including explosions.  In fact it was specifically designed to get rid of the stock style ship death explosions (the small explosions you mentioned) and replace them with that big huge explosion because it's far more realistic.  You can still go back to the stock booms though, by going into the NanoFX configs menu and turning off the Explosion FX.

Offline lexsis

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 06:08:08 PM »
Yes I know, I also tryed that. But when I do that you can only hear the boom noise, you can't even see any explosion from it. You also won't see any hull damage.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 07:03:36 PM »
that's odd, it reverts just fine when I turn them off.  You might need to reinstall.  Why do you want to disable them anyway?

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 08:24:10 PM »
I already copied the textures from an older version of NanoFX to my KM folder.
hopefully you made backups before doing that? 
usually it isnt a good idea to overwrite components of a mod with older components... 

Offline lexsis

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 05:37:55 AM »
Yes off course I made a backup :D

I reinstalled BC and also installed a older version of KM
Then I copied the textures from an older nanoFX version to my new.
For some reason it worked.

But it won?t work on the newest version of KM.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 02:49:52 PM »
all versions of the KM mod have the same version 2b nanofx installed, and NanoFx1 shouldn't effect it because it changes the stock explosion effects instead of creating new ones like NFX2.  I'm not entirely sure what you did before, unless you somehow managed to break a NFX2 script. 

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 02:54:53 PM »
I've had this problem for ages too. All the ship deaths are thoroughly unspectacular. I figured someone tweaked the NanoFX scripts to make them less expensive to run, with a proportional cost to awesometude. It never bothered me enough to investigate, but it did embarrass me when my friends watched me play.

In a vanilla install with foundation, a few ships, and NanoFX2b, the death explosions are great. lots of secondaries before the core breach, and then loads of chunks afterwards.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Lunchbox

• Cookies: 1
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 08:44:26 PM »
It sounds like you have the exact same problem as me, there is a thread here http://www.bckobayashimaru.de/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1515&start=30 that you have probably already read through, and tried the suggestions based on taking files from the older version of NanoFX and putting them in the game folder. For a lot of people it seems to have worked, but there are a few people on the internet, including us, that just can't get it to work. I've been trying for a couple of years on and off to get this working, I've never had success. Replacing the files should work, no idea why it doesn't.

Also your English seems perfect.

By the way, my system specs:

Q6600 ~3.5Ghz
4GB DDR2
ATi Radeon HD5870 Vapor-X (Really nice card too)
I also have several big hard drives.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 06:56:10 PM »
randomly replacing files with the older versions will do nothing but make things worse... it's better to test what happens when you disable other mods that are in KM or other installs. there may be a conflict and once that is found... then maybe something can be done.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Lunchbox

• Cookies: 1
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 07:28:06 PM »
The thread I linked has a lot of information and instructions on replacing said files, and the procedure worked for them. I am running the same installs as those people, and I presume the OP is also