Author Topic: Starbase modding  (Read 908 times)

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
Starbase modding
« on: December 29, 2010, 02:56:12 AM »
I wish to mod a klingon battle station so as to withstand a small to medium fleet of dominion fed or romulan ships. Not pushover crap like Galors.

Curious as to what would be a good place to start with shields and hull. 100,000?

Weapons would probably be battleship grade I would assume. It has 3 arms, each with 3 banks of 5 red dots I will be using as primary defense grid.. The upper and lower on each arm will be 2 diruptor beams and 3 torpedo launchers (or vice versa) where the midship bank on each arm with all be barrage cannons. There will be lighter weapons located elsewhere around the station, which may include additional torpedo and beam weapons, possibly pulse weapons.

(do I need to do anything to give the AI Secondary targeting ability? I want the thing to act like ds9)
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Re: Starbase modding
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 07:14:55 AM »
the only person around here atm that has starbase experience is Unknown.  see if you can get a hold of him for a little assistance.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 07:32:45 AM »
(do I need to do anything to give the AI Secondary targeting ability? I want the thing to act like ds9)
if you use the StarbaseAI, it will be able to multi-target...
i dont have BC in front of me currently but when i get home from work, ill be able to explain more...  (unless someone beats me to it)

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 04:29:54 PM »
I assume you mean our resident kessok expert?
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 11:12:57 PM »
I assume you mean our resident kessok expert?
That'd be him.  If you're going to mod a starbase I'd suggest using the DS9 hardpoint from DS9FX as a reference, that is able to take a few good licks from Dominion ships easily and is pretty well balanced.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 09:07:19 AM »
i forgot about this lol

anyway - in the hardpoint, i think what determines it multi-fire (and also the ship does not move, or moves extremely slightly) is determined in the SetAIString line of the Ship Property...
using DS9 as an example:
Code: [Select]
DeepSpaceNine.SetAIString("StarbaseAttack")

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 09:57:18 AM »
ah, yes, I did some playing with that partiular script peice(i now have a mobile fighting starbase for personal use!).  i stuck "starbase attack" on one of the ships I don't use to often, and the thing actually went after me with tractor beams a lot, and just SAT there :P
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 07:20:57 PM »
yea I just stripped everything out of the kessok starbase except the master systems and will pull the actual emitters off one of my ship hp's. I'll hafta get in touch with unknown so he knows I'm messing with his hp for this...
Read my mod blog!