Author Topic: The next Bridge Plugin module - BP Uniforms - Beta soon!  (Read 18987 times)

MYar

The next Bridge Plugin module - BP Uniforms - Beta soon!
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2006, 02:32:14 PM »
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/TOS_Uniform_Conversion;66399

I mean this one :P and I thought that you would include the uniforms so my mistake :P

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2006, 02:41:45 PM »
I do plan to have a couple of uniforms ready for release. I just won't include them directly into the package.

What I'm thinking of doing, is the following.
In the weeks before the final release (maybe starting from the beta onwards) I take on a couple of requests by the authors of the uniforms, change their mutator file (or repackage it) and send it back to them to release it.

I currently have Adonis' uniforms for the beta (already redid his mutator files), and I may include something I've been working on for BlackRook (his TC uniforms all constructed in 1 file, if you don't have the uniform installed, then it won't give you the option), even though he doesn't know I've been working on it.:P

Those uniforms do look nice, so I may just ask the authors permission.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2006, 09:31:55 AM »
Another small victory on the SP front, though, not as big as the Picard one (which happend by itself :P).

It's a smaller victory than the previous because I had to manually overwrite a function for this, a function that should already have been overwritten by my script.

A quick glance at the console made me notice that it continued to work for other characters (Graff, Martin and Zeiss).
Though, no screenshots of that. I got a cPickle error after that, will need to investigate. But I think I know where I can find the cause and how I can fix it.

I think I may need to redo my first post...:P
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2006, 06:26:46 PM »
I figured out part of my problems with SP.
Atleast, when it comes to BP and Uniforms.
Not why I keep having Picke errors and such (Pickle is a library/function that allows you to write out the variables to a file and read them back, this is what BC does for saving, except that it writes out the _entire_ state of the game, which is why when you add a mod to the game your save games get corrupted, because what the save game thinks how it is, isn't anymore).
Atleast BP Core and Uniforms should be more save game friendly.;)

The thing is, when I check BP checks the plugins (of which Uniforms is one) it checks for various things to be activated, BP Core, plugins, if the bridge doesn't have plugins disabled, if the plugin isn't disabled, and lastly, here it comes, if there is a player ship.

Now, in E1M1, it goes over the following initialization procedure:
"InitializeGlobals"
"Load bridge" <<<< Yes, it loads the bridge from the beginning!
"Create systems"
"Create Picard" <<<< This works. Because it's partly loose from the BP system
"Some other stuff, uninterresting, such as setting Saffi in the Turbo lift"
"Create Starting Objects" <<<< Here is where it creates the player ship.

And that's why it doesn't work (for now).
I fear I will have to overwrite 26 functions to get it all to work.:(
And of course, they are not all the same.:roll:

I'm writing this in case I don't remember anymore tomorrow.:P
I've slept not well last night. So I've been up for the better part of 20 hours. :roll:

Not to mention if any scripters are seeing this and know how to fix my problems.;)

Oh, and Shinzon, if you could send me an e-mail with you in SP mode, then I can confirm you in the Beta.

Offline cpthooker

• Cookies: 37
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2006, 09:58:25 AM »
if you want you can include my uniforms when they are finished :)

'As a matter of cosmic history, it has always been easier to destroy, than to create.'
Capt Spock - The Wrath of Khan

PC Spec
Athlon X2 Skt AM2 6000+, 4GB DDR2 800 Ram
XFX Geforce 8800 ultra, Vista Ultimate 64bit

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2006, 09:59:25 AM »
Quote from: cpthooker
if you want you can include my uniforms when they are finished :)

For the beta or release or both?

I do plan on having a nice pack of uniforms to go with it for release.;)

In any case, thank you for the offer.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2006, 10:23:59 AM »
I don't want to keep you from what I just, accidently, made BC do.:mrgreen:

It's part of an attempt to make things work in SP.

For those who don't get it, the mission is E8M2, while the mission object says it's E1M1.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2006, 10:48:20 AM »
Another quick post.
I managed to do what I needed to do without the method I used in my previous post.

So, now I have a big victory!

The only problem is that I need to make the BP related scripts SP aware, already did Canon Crew Fixes (as shown). But now I also need to add any custom code that might be introduced, for example on E1M1, Saffi is put into the turbo lift and has a number of other things done to her.

And I need to properly fix that issue with MissionLib.

Offline cpthooker

« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2006, 12:23:20 PM »
in response about my uniforms, they could be for both or whatever you want. I need to make a special uniform for the admiral but that won't take long and going to see if I can make a belt of somekind

'As a matter of cosmic history, it has always been easier to destroy, than to create.'

PC Spec

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2006, 12:43:09 PM »
The number of characters affected by the uniform is variable.

You can make uniforms for 1 to ram limited characters.;)

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2006, 03:33:43 PM »
I think I've currently fixed the issue's. There is one problem I've encounterd so far that may or may not be caused by the Plugin system, it are those pickle errors (related to saving and loading). It might just all be happening because BC hates me when it comes to SP.:P

Something else I've noticed, every character seems to be not speaking, they are moving their jaw, but not actually opening and closing their mouths.
I will need to investigate this.

Anyway, for now, screenshots!

Now, about the Beta, the current uniforms relies on a BP Core change (the Core has changed a lot since the last release :P). So I either have to distribute the core (and various changed plugins) with the Beta, or the Core needs to be finnished before the beta can happen.

Oh yeah, one final note about the uniforms shown in the screenshots, they may or may not appear in the beta and/or final release. Nor do they represent the final product.

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Cookies: 190
  • Captain - USS Explorer
    • Captain Elgy's Star Trek Files
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2006, 03:36:37 PM »
Top notch stuff MLeo, I can't wait until this is ready for release. I love Saffi's new looks as well... A definite improvement!! :D

Offline cpthooker

« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2006, 04:54:50 PM »
nice

PC Spec

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2006, 05:28:24 PM »
ah man that coool
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline blaXXer

• Your Leader
  • Cookies: 96
  • The proud result of slave labor
    • blaXXer.design
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2006, 05:43:30 PM »
Quote from: Nebula
ah man that coool

yeah, I'm looking forward to this, especially the cardies^^

YOU suck, get a life, moran.

COME TO MY PLACE clicketh me!

Offline Sean

• Retired Administrator
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1165
  • Site Co-Founder
    • Bridge Commander Central
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2006, 07:50:58 PM »
cardies look cool, tho id suggest less colours on the face as with most male cardies, all of their facial features are the same colour

great work on this module btw

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2006, 07:52:19 PM »
Quote from: Sean
cardies look cool, tho id suggest less colours on the face as with most male cardies, all of their facial features are the same colour

Don't take it to me, take it to Mark.

I'm graphically disabled, remember.:P

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2006, 07:54:06 PM »
i already drained their faces from the stock levels... i think the main cause for concern atm is that we didnt get a female body for the cardassians, so atm all the women on the bridge look like men in drag :funny.

Offline MickJo

• Cookies: 7
« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2006, 07:57:36 PM »
Damar wearing lippy and eye shadow eh... :wink:

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2006, 08:02:06 PM »
well i picked the most femenin ones but yeh basically :P