Author Topic: Original Missions Strategy Guide  (Read 833 times)

Offline Buckwild

• Cookies: 0
Original Missions Strategy Guide
« on: November 17, 2010, 07:58:06 PM »
Hey guys,
Just started playing this game and wow its pretty damn awesome.  Feels like I'm watching new episodes of ST:tNG.  I have a problem though with episode 3 mission 2 or 3?  Its the one where you go into a dust cloud to find an attacker, exit other side and find a destroyed warbird only to have 2 others come out and blow you up.  The strat guide on neoseeker suggests fighting them on the spot but I get owned on medium difficulty.  I tried running back into cloud and got owned while I was running away. 

I fight by letting the comp do its thing and just turn on quantums/ boost shields and weapons and let the ai fight it out.  Is there something I am doing wrong?  Is there a guide someone can point me to with more in depth strategy?
Thanks,
Buckwild

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Re: Original Missions Strategy Guide
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 08:17:13 PM »
I'd tell the ai to target the shields sensors or cloak not just the hull.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 11:47:58 AM »
I generally target the wrap core, once that goes so does the whole ship.

Also keep on top of your repairs, keep shields, weapons and warp core fixed and don't bother about the hull.
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 02:30:26 PM »
the best place to target on the warbird is their forward disruptor bank, that will do the most collateral damage due to it's proximity to other critical systems.

It's been a while since I've played the campaign, but isn't there a diplomatic option here?  I seem to remember there being a standoff where you lower your shields as a show of good faith.

Offline Psyco Diver

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 02:37:47 PM »
thats the next mission where you try diplomacy. Target the main guys ship, if you force him to retreat the other will follow, if you target the other one and destroy it the main guy will keep attacking. Try to run to the nebula though and target heavy on one side of the shields, once it collapses they start taking damage from the nebula, targeting the warp core, shield generator, and/or sensors is always the main thing to do.

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Cookies: 5
  • Bail Out!
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 04:03:28 PM »
Huh, guess everyone has their own way, I normally try to stick to the lead Warbird's dorsal and disable it's sensor array. Shove Shields and weapons to 125%. Don't forget to use your own dorsal/ventral shields; the number of people i've beaten in MP with green top and bottom shields is amazing.

In my opinion using the AI is nearly always suicide; I always shove people out of their chairs and do it myself.
Did you know I'm on Twitter?